Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Another Lost Season ?

rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Another Lost Season ?

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Without a doubt, Sox have been the biggest Jekyl/Hyde team in baseball this year.  Best in the majors until MAy 10th, then one of the worst (if not the worst) since. While the Sox's first 5 weeks were misleadingly good, they aren't as bad as the last 5 weeks either. I see both Cleveland and Detroit having some over-performers right now which could bring them back down to earth and Royals without Gordon and Moustakos for a while will have problems hanging in, IMO.  100 games to go, and it's a VERY long way from being over.
    Sox have got to at least split the next four series against Detroit, Cleveland, Boston, and Toronto. They then catch a 14 game breather with nothing but sub-.500 teams (Minnesota, Houston, Yankees, Angels, Braves) after that.  Key will be not letting the next 2 weeks dig the hole any deeper.

Re: Another Lost Season ?

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

We appreciate you spreading the hope but we've all been fans of this team for probably a collective 500+ years. Been there, done that. Reality trounces hope. 

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Roger,

I believe its time to apologize for all my April 30th nonsense.

What's funny is that around May 10th, the KARK got swamped at work.  I didn't even notice that they were sucking so bad until I read that Latos was released

HOLY COW!!!!

How bad did he have to suck to be released after such a good April.

I was literally shocked to see the Sox under 500.

BTW, I see the Sox have used 21 pitchers already.  Currently carrying 13.  

Again, the pitching rich white sox are wasting resources in the pen so they can go left right left right and make the 8th last an hour, instead of building a bench that could assist a weak offense

PS, i think its time to realize Abreau peaked as a rookie and is far far far away from being a Cuban Frank Thomas
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Father of Stan wrote:Roger,
    I believe its time to apologize for all my April 30th nonsense.
    What's funny is that around May 10th, the KARK got swamped at work.  I didn't even notice that they were sucking so bad until I read that Latos was released
    HOLY COW!!!!
    How bad did he have to suck to be released after such a good April.
    I was literally shocked to see the Sox under 500.
    BTW, I see the Sox have used 21 pitchers already.  Currently carrying 13.  
    Again, the pitching rich white sox are wasting resources in the pen so they can go left right left right and make the 8th last an hour, instead of building a bench that could assist a weak offense
    PS, i think its time to realize Abreau peaked as a rookie and is far far far away from being a Cuban Frank Thomas
    April was about Quintana, Sale pitching other-worldly and Latos and the bullpen having sub-2.00 ERA's.  It had the same meaning as Ted Cruz winning the Iowa primary.
    I think Abreu is bouncing back, but yeah, he ain't no second coming of Frank Thomas.   Sox's best hope, as noted, is that their rivals all have problems too.   In fact, I think that Tigers will find that Frankie Rodriguez's blowup last night was the first of more to come.   Sox need to survive the next couple weeks without further damage.  Last night could actually have been the start of another run.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Last night could actually have been the start of another run.

****************************************************************************

They've turned the corner!!! LOL

Oh come on Roger...you're smarter and wiser than that. Every time a person starts feeling good about this team, they promptly crawl back into the dumpster. I'm guessing last night's outburst blew their wazoo for the rest of the week. I see an upcoming 6 game losing streak where, maybe, they score 8 runs total. Crying or Very sad

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:45 pm

rmapasad wrote: Last night could actually have been the start of another run.

Oh, Crap!   Stock up on TP! affraid

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Cream1953 wrote: I'm guessing last night's outburst blew their wazoo for the rest of the week.

Perhaps the Sox take extra batting practice when it's James Shields turn to start knowing that they are going to have to score a lot of runs or they will get blown out early.  Conversely, they may be skipping BP altogether on days when Jose Quintana starts. clown
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Last night could actually have been the start of another run.

****************************************************************************
    They've turned the corner!!! LOL
    Oh come on Roger...you're smarter and wiser than that. Every time a person starts feeling good about this team, they promptly crawl back into the dumpster. I'm guessing last night's outburst blew their wazoo for the rest of the week. I see an upcoming 6 game losing streak where, maybe, they score 8 runs total. Crying or Very sad

I don't think it's "turning the corner". That would mean the Sox are really a good team who will show their "true prowess" for the rest of the year.   I see them as a mediocre team who goes into streaks based on their confidence level. Last night be the spark to get them on another run for a while.  But the Sox's gaps on certain spots (Catcher, SS, CF, DH, backend of rotation, and bullpen) will also likely send them back into another tailspin at some point too. Their only saving graces may be that they got slightly better this year and the rest of their AL Central competitors are mediocre too.  FTR, am not predicting playoffs. Just that the Sox will at least tease at contention before the year is over. 
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote: I'm guessing last night's outburst blew their wazoo for the rest of the week.

Perhaps the Sox take extra batting practice when it's James Shields turn to start knowing that they are going to have to score a lot of runs or they will get blown out early.  Conversely, they may be skipping BP altogether on days when Jose Quintana starts. clown

Or maybe the Sox have Shields throw batting practice for them. He's proven so good at doing that for opposing teams.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Shields better have kids in the clubhouse.  Sox only on the hook for $5 million this year.  If Shields does not opt out, the Sox are going to get FUCKED!!!  Sox will be on the hook for a guy with a fastball velocity that is dropping.  ANOTHER JUST BRAIN DEAD MOVE!!!  KENNY'S PRINTS ALL OVER THIS.

GOOD.  Fuck the WIN NOW idiot White Sox.

Nobody goes for a reason!!!  THEY FUCKING BLOW.

SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Shields better have kids in the clubhouse.  Sox only on the hook for $5 million this year.  If Shields does not opt out, the Sox are going to get FUCKED!!!  Sox will be on the hook for a guy with a fastball velocity that is dropping.  ANOTHER JUST BRAIN DEAD MOVE!!!  KENNY'S PRINTS ALL OVER THIS.
    SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR.

When the Sox were dancing with the Pads in late May about this guy he was already being called Five Frame James in the San Diego media.  Clearly San Diego knew after the 10 run blowup that they were going to have strike a deal NOW before any more disasters occured or they'd risk having to eat almost all or all of his contract.  As I said when this deal was made, the Sox were probably going to regret it but didn't expect they'd regret it so immediately.  Shields will probably settle down soon enough but he's already destroyed enough value for himself this year that the chances of his opting out are roughly the same as Gary Johnson's odds of making the White House.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Shields better have kids in the clubhouse.  Sox only on the hook for $5 million this year.  If Shields does not opt out, the Sox are going to get FUCKED!!!  Sox will be on the hook for a guy with a fastball velocity that is dropping.  ANOTHER JUST BRAIN DEAD MOVE!!!  KENNY'S PRINTS ALL OVER THIS.

SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR.

The Sox are stuck. No way he opts out. No way anyone pays him more money.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:55 pm

SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR.

SAME RANT EVERYDAY

Sleep
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

alohafri wrote:The Sox are stuck. No way he opts out. No way anyone pays him more money.

Sure you meant that no way any team would top the $ 42 million he's owed in '17/18 if he decides to opt out after 2016 season.  Which is absolutely true.  But the way he's been going lately, literally no one pays him ANY money at all if he were to hit the open market in October. 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:33 pm

They ought to stop fooling themselves.  FINALLY.

Maybe there are idiots out there who scoreboard watch with Hawk, and despite how badly the team plays, they look at how many games out the Sox are.

Of course, the idiot brigade is losing membership as the Sox were dead last in local TV ratings last season.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:29 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:They ought to stop fooling themselves.  FINALLY.

Maybe there are idiots out there who scoreboard watch with Hawk, and despite how badly the team plays, they look at how many games out the Sox are.

Of course, the idiot brigade is losing membership as the Sox were dead last in local TV ratings last season.

Hey, they've won two games this week. What do you want?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:16 am

I enjoyed that game last night.  Extra Base hits.  Play at the plate.

Anderson FUN TO WATCH.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:I enjoyed that game last night.  Extra Base hits.  Play at the plate.

Anderson FUN TO WATCH.

It was a great game to be at. Good weather, good friends, cold beer, old school baseball. Not changing pitchers 4 times an inning.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Wait until Kenny trades Anderson for Beckham for the PENNANT PUSH!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:22 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:I enjoyed that game last night.  Extra Base hits.  Play at the plate.

Anderson FUN TO WATCH.

It was a great game to be at. Good weather, good friends, cold beer, old school baseball. Not changing pitchers 4 times an inning.
    Big Family event in Georgia next weekend.  Will stop in Cincinnati and Atlanta to catch a few innings in both places.  Couple of dogs, peanuts. a few frosties.  Bullshit with locals.  It is fun.  Sure beats being some overgrown Fanboy worrying about the White Sox.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:36 pm

The "locals" actually go to Atlanta games?? scratch Admit it, you just can't give up your Beckham fetish. tongue
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Is Gordon mentoring his Atlanta teammates????
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Cream1953 wrote:The "locals" actually go to Atlanta games?? scratch Admit it, you just can't give up your Beckham fetish. tongue
    Absolutely!!!  I want to get there when the gates open to perhaps chat with Gordon and take a selfie with him.

BUCKET LIST STUFF!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Is Gordon mentoring his Atlanta teammates????
    If you were Braves management, you just marvel at how Gordon revolutionized play at 2B with defense never before seen.

Not only do you allow him to MENTOR, you have a FAITH DAY also.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:The "locals" actually go to Atlanta games?? scratch Admit it, you just can't give up your Beckham fetish. tongue
    Absolutely!!!  I want to get there when the gates open to perhaps chat with Gordon and take a selfie with him.

BUCKET LIST STUFF!!

No love for Tyler Flowers?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am