Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Bryd and Steroids

rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Bryd and Steroids

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Byrd is the 6th guy handed a suspension this year and the season is only 1/3 over.  In 2014-2015 combined there were only 7 suspensions.   Guys must be pushing the envelope again.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Bryd and Steroids

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Yeah. All I have to do is take one look as Chris Sale and see that he's juicing.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Yeah. All I have to do is take one look as Chris Sale and see that he's juicing.

Sale is signed through 2019 so he has no incentive to juice.  At least until his contract year.  Byrd was auditioning for a contract in 2017.  May sound cynical but with multi-millions at stake, I see why guys do this.  Dee Gordon got a 5 year $ 50 million deal after his "breakout" season in 2015, then got popped with an 80 game suspension in April.  No big deal, as he just loses $ 1.5 million of salary this year and is still get the other $ 48 mill over the next 4.5 years.   Of course, when these guys get caught they seem to have the same bullshit responses:
    Chris Colabello said of his suspension "On March 13, I got one of the scariest and most definitely the least expected calls of my entire life. I was informed by the Players Association that a banned substance was found in my urine. I have spent every waking moment since that day trying to find an answer as to why or how? The only thing I know is that I would never compromise the integrity of the game of baseball. I love this game too much! I care too deeply about it. I am saddened more for the impact this will have on my teammates, the organization and the fans of the Toronto Blue Jays. I hope that before anyone passes judgement on me they can take a look at the man that I am, and everything that I have done to get to where I am in my career."[81]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am