Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Robin should watch ESPN

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Robin should watch ESPN

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon May 30, 2016 2:17 pm

The ESPN announcers mentioned the whole game that Harvey gets significantly worse as he goes through the line up. .210 1st time. .309 2nd time and .509 3rd time.
    Sox in 7th inning; Eaton gets 1st walk off Harvey, Abreau single and Cabrera BUNTS. Announcer mentions unusual to have No. 3 hitter bunt-ESPECIALLY with Harvey's numbers third time through line-up. Said want to have Fraser up to get fly ball and a run. Also mentioned that helps Harvey out by giving him an out. Female color person says " I wouldn't walk Fraser intentionally, but certainly wouldn't give him anything good to hit-ESPECIALLY with Shuck up after Fraser. 
    Too bad Robin wasn't listening to the broadcast. Might have helped!

Re: Robin should watch ESPN

Post by Guest on Mon May 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Robin is listening to Hawk in his earbud ...I am sure Hawk was expounding on a tale of how once, back in 1958, when he was batting third, his manager, Pete "Old School" Pantyliner had him bunt and by-gummit, the team won the game...Mercy - that's just some good old fashioned baseball
    s0ch0a
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by s0ch0a on Mon May 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Robin is listening to Hawk in his earbud ...I am sure Hawk was expounding on a tale of how once, back in 1958, when he was batting third, his manager, Pete "Old School" Pantyliner had him bunt and by-gummit, the team won the game...Mercy - that's just some good old fashioned baseball
    It's not second-guessing when I receive two texts from friends immediately after the bunt, both saying "what's Robin doing???"
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue May 31, 2016 5:47 am

They don't have all that many guys who can hit at all....as usual with WIN NOW....so bunting Cabrera was plain dumb.

This is, as usual, good to LAUGH AT.

Cancel those World Series Plans!!!!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue May 31, 2016 1:02 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:They don't have all that many guys who can hit at all....as usual with WIN NOW....so bunting Cabrera was plain dumb.

This is, as usual, good to LAUGH AT.

Cancel those World Series Plans!!!!

Robin defended the move. Said he felt one would win game (so I guess he only wanted one) and that Melky had struck out and walked earlier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am