Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Hawk blames the SCHEDULE!!

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Hawk blames the SCHEDULE!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 30, 2016 12:38 pm

Just heard Hawk blaming the SCHEDULE for the White Sox suckage!!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

WIN TEAM WIN!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Hawk blames the SCHEDULE!!

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon May 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, that Schedule guy can sure hit a ton of "duck snorts" (aka "Kansas City Specials") and come from behind in the late innings making mincemeat out of our bullpen. Mad
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 30, 2016 1:03 pm

That damned schedule seems to be the problem EVERY season!!!

BELIEVE!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon May 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:That damned schedule seems to be the problem EVERY season!!!

BELIEVE!!!

Ya betcha! 

Why can't "we" play the Hammond Eggs or the Stickney Shit Strainers?

Post by Guest on Mon May 30, 2016 3:41 pm

I get what Hawk is saying. If it wasn't for the schedule, the Sox wouldn't ever have to play another team, and therefore, never have to lose- therefore its the SCHEDULE's fault...it's quite simple and so true. You don't make fun of a Hall of Famer guys ..
    s0ch0a
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by s0ch0a on Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:That damned schedule seems to be the problem EVERY season!!!

BELIEVE!!!

Ya betcha! 

Why can't "we" play the Hammond Eggs or the Stickney Shit Strainers?
    You've got it all wrong! Hawk made it clear that he's not one to make excuses before he blamed the schedule. Get it right! Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest on Mon May 30, 2016 11:28 pm

You've got it all wrong! Hawk made it clear that he's not one to make excuses before he blamed the schedule

He really said that??  Geez, there isn't a pitch that goes by that he doesn't use an excuse on ...every game is lost due to bad umpiring, or injury, or the other team's voodoo....
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon May 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Well...yes indeed.... it's the schedules fault. It's that and the fact that STIFF Quintana gave up a solo home run and pissed away the game. They should unload him. Good Christ Almighty listening Harrelson tonight was pathetic, just pathetic. I got away for a few days and didn't give the White Sox a second thought. It was nice.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 am

Cream1953 wrote:Well...yes indeed.... it's the schedules fault. It's that and the fact that STIFF Quintana gave up a solo home run and pissed away the game. They should unload him. Good Christ Almighty listening Harrelson tonight was pathetic, just pathetic. I got away for a few days and didn't give the White Sox a second thought. It was nice.

The nice thing about the MLB computer stream is that I don't have to listen to the Hawkeroo.  Instead, I listened to the Mets broadcasters.  They were very happy that Matt Harvey finally found a team that he could dominate after getting pounded in recent starts.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue May 31, 2016 12:08 am

The guys often trot out the welcome wagon for opposing pitchers who need to get back on track.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue May 31, 2016 12:15 am

Cream1953 wrote:The guys often trot out the welcome wagon for opposing pitchers who need to get back on track.

When the Sox open a series on the road, the opposing club should play "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue May 31, 2016 12:50 pm

BELIEVE!!!

Well, yeah the schedule is tough.  Starting on May 20th, the Sox have 31 straight games v. teams over .500 this year.  Clearly if they can't survive that stretch in one piece they are pretenders not contenders.  They 2-9 so far on this stretch.  The age old problem of weak offense is showing up again.  7 of those 11 games the Sox have scored three runs or less.  Then having the bullpen blow the three straight games in KC where the Sox did score some runs hurt too.
    Obviously if the next 20 games go anything like the first 11 games on this stretch, Sox will see the season slip away once more. They need to right the ship and fast.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue May 31, 2016 3:11 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:The guys often trot out the welcome wagon for opposing pitchers who need to get back on track.

When the Sox open a series on the road, the opposing club should play "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".
    CLASSIC!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    BELIEVE!!!

Well, yeah the schedule is tough.  Starting on May 20th, the Sox have 31 straight games v. teams over .500 this year.  Clearly if they can't survive that stretch in one piece they are pretenders not contenders.  They 2-9 so far on this stretch.  The age old problem of weak offense is showing up again.  7 of those 11 games the Sox have scored three runs or less.  Then having the bullpen blow the three straight games in KC where the Sox did score some runs hurt too.
    Obviously if the next 20 games go anything like the first 11 games on this stretch, Sox will see the season slip away once more. They need to right the ship and fast.
    They only need one starting pitcher, a SS, two relief pitchers and a left handed bat.

Easy enough!!!!

Look at the hitters.  They have 5, not close to 9, and Abreu is having a bad season.

There is this other club up the street from me that is kind of good and kind of deep.

The Sox are their usual WIN NOW TEAM DRUDGERY.

I look to the White Sox and Hawk for laughs.  As long as the current ownership remains, what is going to change?

The Sox and the WIN NOW FANBOYS deserve each other.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:39 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:They only need one starting pitcher, a SS, two relief pitchers and a left handed bat.
    Easy enough!!!!
    Look at the hitters.  They have 5, not close to 9, and Abreu is having a bad season.
    There is this other club up the street from me that is kind of good and kind of deep.
    The Sox are their usual WIN NOW TEAM DRUDGERY.

Sox's offense has been consistently subpar all year- 10th in the league in April, 12th in May.   As goes the pitching, so goes the Sox.  1st in the AL in April with a 2.72 ERA, 9th in May with a 4.18 ERA . The pretenders of April (Latos, Albers, Jones, Duke) have been unmasked.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:54 am

Yeah. Even while Hawkeroo was in the broadcast booth choking his chicken over how awesome this bullpen was I spent April thinking to myself "Where did these guys get so good all of a sudden?"

Then reality reared its ugly head. Just as I thought...they suck!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Yeah. Even while Hawkeroo was in the broadcast booth choking his chicken over how awesome this bullpen was I spent April thinking to myself "Where did these guys get so good all of a sudden?"

Then reality reared its ugly head. Just as I thought...they suck!!!

Last year, Sox's bullpen was middle of the pack in the AL.  No real reason to think they'd be any better this year since the only pre-season adds were a couple of non-entities (Purke and Kahnle).   Purke's only notereity was that he was featured in Fan Graphs "Five Prospects to Avoid" a couple years ago.
    For one month any bullpen can look like a world-beater.  Sportscasters should absolutely know this, but a guy like Hawk has been leading cheers for so long that he may actually believe all his rah-rah bullshit..

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Sportscasters should absolutely know this, but a guy like Hawk has been leading cheers for so long that he may actually believe all his rah-rah bullshit..

HALL OF FAMER ....HALL OF FAMER .....
    If baseball really wants to disgrace themselves, they should put Hawk into the HOF at the same time as Vince Scully ....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:44 am