Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Is the usual MALAISE setting in?

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Is the usual MALAISE setting in?

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed May 25, 2016 6:10 am

OH NO!!!!

What about the DEVOTED Fanboys planning a vacation at World Series time?

WIN TEAM WIN!!!!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Re: Is the usual MALAISE setting in?

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed May 25, 2016 6:43 am

BELIEVE!!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 25, 2016 7:04 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:BELIEVE!!!!!

Fanboy lessons being given on Facebook! 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 am

I see!!!

Wear your jersey proudly when the team sucks!!

Be there when it is 40 degrees.

Nothing about GETTING A REAL LIFE!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:I see!!!

You people who have had season tickets for 26 years don't know what it REALLY means to be a fan!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed May 25, 2016 8:11 am

Call me fickle, but after my initial optimism and good feelings about this team, I'm quickly beginning to dislike them. Same old shit, different day. So much for "believing".
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 am

Cream1953 wrote:Call me fickle, but after my initial optimism and good feelings about this team, I'm quickly beginning to dislike them. Same old shit, different day. So much for "believing".

It was a hot streak, Cream.  They're a little better.  Frazier is creating runs.  Eaton and Melki started hot, rather than cold.  Defense looks significantly improved.  And they're getting some offense out of the 2B spot.  I don't view the pitching as improved so much as they're off to a good start. 

Realistically, they're contenders for maybe a Wild Card or more likely to be in the running for a division title if the competition for said title remains relatively light in the Central.  I guess that's an improvement over last year, but they're fucking frustrating to watch.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:Call me fickle, but after my initial optimism and good feelings about this team, I'm quickly beginning to dislike them. Same old shit, different day. So much for "believing".

Cream, I think there are still reasons for feeling optimistic.  The rest of the AL Central didn't get much better this year but the Sox did.  2b and 3b are a helluva lot better than the black holes from last year and OF defense is too. Even Catcher and DH are better, although they're still subpar compared to the rest of the league.  Sale, Quintana and Robertson are premier.   
    Obviously the 4-5 starters (Latos and Gonzalez) stink.    The bullpen isn't fantastic beyond Robertson.  Rodon needs to be more consistent and it would be nice to see some offense from Jackson, Navarro, and the SS spot.  Abreu's power needs to come around.  Next 26 games, which are all against teams over .500 will tell a lot of the tale.   If the Sox can survive this upcoming stretch with near .500 ball, not incur any injuries to key players, they then could shore up some weaknesses with trades come July.   And be in a position to contend against an AL Central that is not all that strong.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Cream, I think there are still reasons for feeling optimistic.  The rest of the AL Central didn't get much better this year but the Sox did.  2b and 3b are a helluva lot better than the black holes from last year and OF defense is too. Even Catcher and DH are better, although they're still subpar compared to the rest of the league.  Sale, Quintana and Robertson are premier.   
    Obviously the 4-5 starters (Latos and Gonzalez) stink.    The bullpen isn't fantastic beyond Robertson.  Rodon needs to be more consistent and it would be nice to see some offense from Jackson, Navarro, and the SS spot.  Abreu's power needs to come around.  Next 26 games, which are all against teams over .500 will tell a lot of the tale.   If the Sox can survive this upcoming stretch with near .500 ball, not incur any injuries to key players, they then could shore up some weaknesses with trades come July.   And be in a position to contend against an AL Central that is not all that strong.

Besides the fact...they just went 1-3 and 1-4 against division rivals!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed May 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Besides the fact...they just went 1-3 and 1-4 against division rivals! >>
    Yeah, there's that.  Think it was 1-3 (Clev) and 1-2 (KC) though.  Sox are 9-6 v. AL Central teams so far - thank God for Minnesota...  As an aside, why I am suddenly the lone "believer" ?   Crying or Very sad  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 pm

rmapasad wrote:Besides the fact...they just went 1-3 and 1-4 against division rivals! >>
    Yeah, there's that.  Think it was 1-3 (Clev) and 1-2 (KC) though.  Sox are 9-6 v. AL Central teams so far - thank God for Minnesota...  As an aside, why I am suddenly the lone "believer" ?   Crying or Very sad  

I mistyped. I meant 1 for 3 and 1 for 4. But you said it a different way. Same thing.

I believe they are better than last year, but I don't believe they are a playoff team.

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

It was a hot streak, Cream.  They're a little better.  Frazier is creating runs.  Eaton and Melki started hot, rather than cold.  Defense looks significantly improved.  And they're getting some offense out of the 2B spot.  I don't view the pitching as improved so much as they're off to a good start. 

Realistically, they're contenders for maybe a Wild Card or more likely to be in the running for a division title if the competition for said title remains relatively light in the Central.  I guess that's an improvement over last year, but they're fucking frustrating to watch.

And your ducking frustrating to read

Sickening that your smug condescending bullshit that infests Blagos Cell has now oozed into baseball

Still in first.  Only Boston won more in the AL.  But the nonchalant frat boy is spewing his pseudo intellectual bullshit trying to impress us as if we were slamming beers at KAMS

This October, Reinsdorf gets his 2nd b4 Ricketts gets his first.  Then your lying ass can go join Dan Bernstein and Rachel Madcow isn't the smug pseudo intellectual know nothing Hall of Fame

Post by Guest on Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 pm

If the Sox can survive this upcoming stretch with near .500 ball, not incur any injuries to key players, they then could shore up some weaknesses with trades come July. 

If they can find a four leaf clover in CF, that might also help.  Got any more "If's"?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed May 25, 2016 9:40 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Still in first.  Only Boston won more in the AL.  But the nonchalant frat boy is spewing his pseudo intellectual bullshit trying to impress us as if we were slamming beers at KAMS

Frat boy.  That's awesome.  LOL.  Wifey liked that one.

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

Frat boy.  That's awesome.  LOL.  Wifey liked that one.

MOCK AWAY MR ABOVE IT ALL!!!!!

LIKE I TOLD THAT OVER EDUCATED PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL IGNORAMUS DAN BERNSTEIN 15 YEARS AGO:

ITS LIKE A MARRIAGE!!!!!!

AND MAYBE ITS NO LONGER IN VOGUE, BUT SOME OF US HERE STILL CONSIDER MARRIAGE AND FAMILY SACRED!!!!

NOT THAT I EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND

APPARENTLY YOU AND YOUR KIND THAT THINK RACHEL MADCOW ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING HAVE YOUR PRIORITIES ASS BACKWARDS:

WELL THIS PROUD CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE CAPITALIST KNOWS WHAT IS IMPORTANT IN LIFE
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

WELL THIS PROUD CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE CAPITALIST KNOWS WHAT IS IMPORTANT IN LIFE

Yep.  No doubt, you are one truly religious fella. 

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2016 10:14 am

BELIEVE!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 26, 2016 2:40 pm

BELIEVE!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 pm

alohafri wrote:

You people who have had season tickets for 26 years don't know what it REALLY means to be a fan!
    Latina catfight beat a dull lifeless Sox team.  Sox ought to market catfighting.

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Latina catfight beat a dull lifeless Sox team.  Sox ought to market catfighting.

TRIXIE V BLONDY!!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu May 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'd pay $1000 for front row seats if it was Salma Hayek vs. Penelope Cruz.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu May 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:

Wow - how quickly has the worm turned here ?  For next month plus the Sox have nothing but tough opponents (Royals, Tigers, Indians, Nationals, Mets, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Astros, Yankees).  The only breather in there is a 3 game set with the Twins.   This will be a real test of whether the improvements which seemed to be working so well the first six weeks still hold or not.  If the Sox can play .500 ball over this upcoming stretch,  and be 46-40 by the first week of July, they would still be in the hunt.  
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri May 27, 2016 5:32 am

Win Now-Reload for the White Sox Fanboys!!!

Post by Guest on Fri May 27, 2016 7:51 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:

Wow - how quickly has the worm turned here ?  For next month plus the Sox have nothing but tough opponents (Royals, Tigers, Indians, Nationals, Mets, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Astros, Yankees).  The only breather in there is a 3 game set with the Twins.   This will be a real test of whether the improvements which seemed to be working so well the first six weeks still hold or not.  If the Sox can play .500 ball over this upcoming stretch,  and be 46-40 by the first week of July, they would still be in the hunt.  

TOUGH MY BLACK ASS!!!!!

THE WHITE SOX BIGGEST ENEMY HAS ALWAYS BEEN THEMSELVES!!!!

WHEN THEY WHITE SOX PLAY THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO PLAY IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THEY PLAY AGAINST!!!!

IF.....

THAT'S JUST HILLARIOUS!!!!!!

500 SHOULD BE THE MINUMUM!!!!  NOT THE GOAL!!!!

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON THE WHITE SOX CAN'T GO 2 OF 3 IN 2/3 OF THESE SERIES!!!!!  WITH A COUPLE OF SWEEPS TO BOOT

FANGRAPHS?!?!?!!?  MORE LIKE FAN LAUGHS!!!!!

WHITE SOX WILL GO 16-11
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 am

Wait for the BIG TRADE!!

BELIEVE!!!!!

The lives of FANBOYS MATTER!!!!

Sweating out every inning.

Leading Cheers!!!

Waiting for the WORLD SERIES!!!

Sponsored content