Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The Swindle defined.

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

The Swindle defined.

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 am

The U.S. Cellular Stadium swindle of the taxpayers discussed in today's Tribune!!!!

Metro Section.

Re: The Swindle defined.

Post by Guest on Sun May 22, 2016 11:48 am

As we all expected, Sox fans will just have to wait until Arthur and William Reinsdorf dies and a Rocky Reinsdorf takes over and gives the fans a fair effort ....loved the line about "no incentives to pack the park". There's a business I want - maximize profits by doing LESS...gotta love the capitalistic bastard
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun May 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Chi-kid wrote:As we all expected, Sox fans will just have to wait until Arthur and William Reinsdorf dies and a Rocky Reinsdorf takes over and gives the fans a fair effort ....loved the line about "no incentives to pack the park". There's a business I want - maximize profits by doing LESS...gotta love the capitalistic bastard

I remember reading where Jerry told his son to sell after his death. 

And how long have we been saying that there are no incentives to pack the park?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun May 22, 2016 1:18 pm

How long have we been saying that this bastard Reinsdorf acts as if he OWES NOTHING for a free stadium?

How about DICKHEAD Rauner take a look at this sham???  Oh, that's right....it is CORPORATE WELFARE.....Reinsdorf a 1%er.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun May 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:How long have we been saying that this bastard Reinsdorf acts as if he OWES NOTHING for a free stadium?

How about DICKHEAD Rauner take a look at this sham???  Oh, that's right....it is CORPORATE WELFARE.....Reinsdorf a 1%er.

Rauner wouldn't overturn something created by Big Jim Thompson! It doesn't matter what political party you are from (or not from). Everyone politician in Illinois has his hand out.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:How long have we been saying that this bastard Reinsdorf acts as if he OWES NOTHING for a free stadium?

Rauner wouldn't overturn something created by Big Jim Thompson! It doesn't matter what political party you are from (or not from). Everyone politician in Illinois has his hand out.

Agree 100%

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 8:07 am

ILLINOIS STILL OWNS THE CELL?!?!?!?!?!?

OH WAIT, THAT WAS DALEY SELLING OFF EVERYTING THAT WASN'T NAILED DOWN TO THE GROUND.

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 am

WASN'T IT DICKHEAD QUINN OR BLAGO CONVICT BLAGO THAT EXTENDED THE LEASE UNTIL 2030?!?!?!?!?

HATE REINSDORF ALL YOU WANT, BUT THAT'S THE DEAL HE SIGNED UP FOR.

Razz

PS, THE ABOVE IS SARCASTIC PAYBACK FOR YOUR BLAGO CELL IDIOCY

BTW,

WON'T THE WHITE SOX BE DUE FOR A NEW STADIUM COME 2030?!?!?!?!?  JUST THINK HOW OUTDATED A 40 YEAR OLD US CELLULAR WILL BE AT THAT TIME

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 am

WON'T THE WHITE SOX BE DUE FOR A NEW STADIUM COME 2030?!?!?!?!?  JUST THINK HOW OUTDATED A 40 YEAR OLD US CELLULAR WILL BE AT THAT TIME

You're very optimistic and see things thru rose colored sunglasses. Some Sox owner, JR or the next one, will most definitely be asking for a new park or they are leaving, WAYYYYYY before 2030.  That's almost a sure thing.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 am

Only a damned fool would leave this TV Market.
    Team is run as Reinsdorf's red headed step child.

I got a great pissed off reaction from TEAM HISTORIAN Lindberg on FB.

He told me the Stadium was built in the 1980s and opened in 1991 and it is OVER.  Told people to be SOX FANS!!!

I am not 12 years old anymore.

Lindberg kind of reminds me of Bush after 9/11.....GO SHOPPING!!

Fact remains the Sox are still on the TAXPAYER DIME.  CORPORATE WELFARE FOE BILLIONAIRES.  A LEASE DEAL THAT IS AN INCENTIVE NOT TO COMPETE.

One Fanboy pointed out how much tax $$$$ the Bears got too.  His point was that the Sox are somehow being singled out.  TOTAL FANBOYISH.

Billionaire sports owners are in the pockets of taxpayers in a BROKE City and State.

RIDICULOUS.

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 11:54 am

Chi-kid wrote:WON'T THE WHITE SOX BE DUE FOR A NEW STADIUM COME 2030?!?!?!?!?  JUST THINK HOW OUTDATED A 40 YEAR OLD US CELLULAR WILL BE AT THAT TIME

You're very optimistic and see things thru rose colored sunglasses. Some Sox owner, JR or the next one, will most definitely be asking for a new park or they are leaving, WAYYYYYY before 2030.  That's almost a sure thing.

THEY WON'T BE LEAVING FOR ANYWHERE UNLESS THEY HAVE ANOTHER SUCKER LINED UP.

I WOULD LIKE TO THINK ONE WOULD BE HARD TO FIND.

BOY, I'D REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 am