Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Am I the only one

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Am I the only one

Post by alohafri on Thu May 19, 2016 9:08 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:This is yet another example of the Dipshit Win Now Reload total stupidity.

Bring in over the hill players at garage sale prices and PRETEND along with goofball Fanboys that this will work.

35 years of this.  One Royal Flush.

Calling washed up players MENTORS!!

Fanboys jumping for joy.

In their defense, the only "washed up" guy they brought in was Rollins - and everyone knew that but once they got rid of Alexei (bad decision on their part) and didn't have the guts to sign Desmond, he was all that was left. As stated her many times, I said give the job to saladino, it'd be a wash. Don't think you can call Frazier and Lawrie "washed up".  Austin Jackson and the 2 catchers were nothing special at anytime of their career and are probably going to do this year what the back of their baseball card says they will do. They just are what they are - roll players.

I saw getting rid of Alexei as a good thing. I was getting tired of his making the routine look spectacular.

Getting rid of him without a plan, however, was a bad thing.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Am I the only one

Post by rmapasad on Thu May 19, 2016 9:21 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

In their defense, the only "washed up" guy they brought in was Rollins - and everyone knew that but once they got rid of Alexei (bad decision on their part) and didn't have the guts to sign Desmond, he was all that was left. As stated her many times, I said give the job to saladino, it'd be a wash. Don't think you can call Frazier and Lawrie "washed up".  Austin Jackson and the 2 catchers were nothing special at anytime of their career and are probably going to do this year what the back of their baseball card says they will do. They just are what they are - roll players.
    Tim, it is the same shit show every year.  Patch holes in the Titanic.  A roll of the dice.
    They are what they are.

The Sox's saving grace is that no other team in the AL Central is dominant and they all have their  problems and holes.  Sure, Sox's 4 game lead will dwindle away if Latos, Gonzalez, Rodon and the bullpen can't right the ship but if Abreu starts coming alive and the offense performs like it has this month, Sox will stay competitive.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:18 pm