Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Am I the only one

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Am I the only one

Post by alohafri on Sun May 15, 2016 4:05 pm

who is losing faith in this team? They seem to be chump-killers. 
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: Am I the only one

Post by TeleFrank on Sun May 15, 2016 5:56 pm

It's part of you're DNA relax, enjoy the fact that they are not the 2015 team. 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun May 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Only a jackass makes World Series plans in May.  With the White Sox as a participant.

That being said, there remain 3 ways to make the Playoffs.

The bullpen has given up 14 runs in their last 14 innings.

There is such a damned long way to go.

Wait and see.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Only a jackass makes World Series plans in May.  With the White Sox as a participant.

Wait and see.

Battered White Sox Fan Syndrome.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Battered White Sox Fan Syndrome is real.

Dipshit Sox Cheerleading Syndrome is a PERSONALITY DISORDER!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon May 16, 2016 8:46 am

alohafri wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:Only a jackass makes World Series plans in May.  With the White Sox as a participant.

Wait and see.

Battered White Sox Fan Syndrome.

Season isn't quite 1/4 over yet, so there is a very long way to go.  But, the 5 game cushion the Sox have built so far in the AL Central is not insignificant.   Sale and Quintana aren't going to keep being quite this dominant and so that 5 game lead will shrink.   But Abreu is still underperforming and given the balance the Sox have, it's not unrealistic to think they can be either in 1st or very close come All Star time.  Then they can find some fixes to the last spot in the rotation and bullpen via trades.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Season isn't quite 1/4 over yet, so there is a very long way to go.  But, the 5 game cushion the Sox have built so far in the AL Central is not insignificant.   Sale and Quintana aren't going to keep being quite this dominant and so that 5 game lead will shrink.   But Abreu is still underperforming and given the balance the Sox have, it's not unrealistic to think they can be either in 1st or very close come All Star time.  Then they can find some fixes to the last spot in the rotation and bullpen via trades.

I have an idea...how about getting dead weight Rollins out of the 2-hole.  I don't mind the guy being on the team and getting playing time, but there's gotta be a better option for such an important spot in the order.  I'd even be open to letting it be a spot for the current hot hand.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

I have an idea...how about getting dead weight Rollins out of the 2-hole.  I don't mind the guy being on the team and getting playing time, but there's gotta be a better option for such an important spot in the order.  I'd even be open to letting it be a spot for the current hot hand.

His defense is good, but he should be in the 8 or 9 slot. Maybe Ventura read a book where the shortstop batted second in the order and decided that's where the shortstop should bat.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 16, 2016 9:37 am

How is his MENTORING????

Dipshit Fanboys just eat up this kind of bullshit.

Heard Plesac say yesterday MLB teams sure do not engage in much pre game infield or outfield practice anymore.

Somebody get word to the Fanboys!!!

I guess the fellows do not hang out and give each other pointers!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

His defense is good, but he should be in the 8 or 9 slot. Maybe Ventura read a book where the shortstop batted second in the order and decided that's where the shortstop should bat.

Yeah, Rollins "looks like" a # 2 hitter but he isn't.  Dodgers found this out too last year.   Right now Lawrie and his .361 OBP would make a lot more sense than Rollins with his .299 OBP.

Post by Guest on Mon May 16, 2016 2:55 pm

alohafri wrote:who is losing faith in this team? They seem to be chump-killers. 

ITS THE CURSE OF JOHN DANKS!!!!!!!!!

MATT PURKE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

WHO CLOSES WHEN ROBERTSON GOES DOWN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHO GET THAT ALL IMPORTANT SPOT START AGAINST KC?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THE WHITE SOX WILL RUE THE DAY THE DUMPED JOHNNY DANKS WITHOUT A LEGITIMATE REPLACEMENT!!!!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon May 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Wait and see.

Jackasses aren't limited to Chicago.  Last week listening to the local sports talk, one broadcaster was hoping the Mariners wouldn't have to play the Cubs in the world series this year because he didn't want to have the whole country rooting against the Mariners.

Today, following a weekend sweep by the Angels, the same broadcast hadn't a word to say about the Mariners.  All Seahawks talk.  The jackass has already given up on his way too premature talk of the Mariners heading to the series.

And this is a jackass that gets paid for his time on the air.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 16, 2016 9:56 pm

jaywit wrote:

Wait and see.

Jackasses aren't limited to Chicago.  Last week listening to the local sports talk, one broadcaster was hoping the Mariners wouldn't have to play the Cubs in the world series this year because he didn't want to have the whole country rooting against the Mariners.

Today, following a weekend sweep by the Angels, the same broadcast hadn't a word to say about the Mariners.  All Seahawks talk.  The jackass has already given up on his way too premature talk of the Mariners heading to the series.

Does Hawk Harrelson have a relative working out in Seattle???
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm

jaywit wrote:Jackasses aren't limited to Chicago.  Last week listening to the local sports talk, one broadcaster was hoping the Mariners wouldn't have to play the Cubs in the world series this year because he didn't want to have the whole country rooting against the Mariners.

That jackass has a producer that picks subjects for them to talk about. He gets paid as well. In defense of these "people" they have to fill a lot of time if they are on daily. You have to talk about a variety of subjects. Think that's easy? It really isn't because you get stuck talking about the same subjects to the same audience and the same dozen of callers. Especially on sports radio. 
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm

TeleFrank wrote:
    jaywit wrote:Jackasses aren't limited to Chicago.  Last week listening to the local sports talk, one broadcaster was hoping the Mariners wouldn't have to play the Cubs in the world series this year because he didn't want to have the whole country rooting against the Mariners.

That jackass has a producer that picks subjects for them to talk about. He gets paid as well. In defense of these "people" they have to fill a lot of time if they are on daily. You have to talk about a variety of subjects. Think that's easy? It really isn't because you get stuck talking about the same subjects to the same audience and the same dozen of callers. Especially on sports radio. 
    Oh, I'm sure there's some monetary reason behind all of this and I can imagine how difficult it can be to fill a 4 hour talk radio show.  Still, the bottom line of this particular story is the guy came off sounding like a jackass.  The only bigger jackass is me who tunes in the next day to see what that jackass is saying.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Can the division really be won with two and a half starting pitchers?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 pm

The only bigger jackass is me 

Brothers and sisters can we have an AMEN!!!???
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Cream1953 wrote:The only bigger jackass is me 

Brothers and sisters can we have an AMEN!!!???
    Well played, my friend.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 19, 2016 6:00 am

Anybody with any sense who is watching a sporting event of any kind knows what they are seeing.

The goofs in a world of their own delusional creation are the ones that lean on some over the top cheerleading announcer.

Sports talk radio has gotten to the point with some on air "talent" that you stop listening not because you disagree, but because you know some are just know nothing fools.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 19, 2016 6:08 am

alohafri wrote:Can the division really be won with two and a half starting pitchers?
    What about THE WORLD SERIES???

Make those plans in APRIL!!!

#WinNow
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu May 19, 2016 6:51 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:Can the division really be won with two and a half starting pitchers?
    What about THE WORLD SERIES???

Make those plans in APRIL!!!

#WinNow

They seem to have the defense down, but Lightning-in-a-Bottle Latos seems gassed, there is no 5th starter, and Rodon is probably a half a pitcher at this point.

And no matter what kind of team they build, the Sox just can't hit guys who throw junk. Of course, they can't hit 100 mile an hour fireballers either.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 19, 2016 7:32 am

This is yet another example of the Dipshit Win Now Reload total stupidity.

Bring in over the hill players at garage sale prices and PRETEND along with goofball Fanboys that this will work.

35 years of this.  One Royal Flush.

Calling washed up players MENTORS!!

Fanboys jumping for joy.

Post by Guest on Thu May 19, 2016 9:00 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:This is yet another example of the Dipshit Win Now Reload total stupidity.

Bring in over the hill players at garage sale prices and PRETEND along with goofball Fanboys that this will work.

Fanboys jumping for joy.

In their defense, the only "washed up" guy they brought in was Rollins - and everyone knew that but once they got rid of Alexei (bad decision on their part) and didn't have the guts to sign Desmond, he was all that was left. As stated her many times, I said give the job to saladino, it'd be a wash. Don't think you can call Frazier and Lawrie "washed up".  Austin Jackson and the 2 catchers were nothing special at anytime of their career and are probably going to do this year what the back of their baseball card says they will do. They just are what they are - roll players.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 19, 2016 9:04 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:This is yet another example of the Dipshit Win Now Reload total stupidity.

Fanboys jumping for joy.

In their defense, the only "washed up" guy they brought in was Rollins - and everyone knew that but once they got rid of Alexei (bad decision on their part) and didn't have the guts to sign Desmond, he was all that was left. As stated her many times, I said give the job to saladino, it'd be a wash. Don't think you can call Frazier and Lawrie "washed up".  Austin Jackson and the 2 catchers were nothing special at anytime of their career and are probably going to do this year what the back of their baseball card says they will do. They just are what they are - roll players.
    Tim, it is the same shit show every year.  Patch holes in the Titanic.  A roll of the dice.

They are what they are.

Post by Guest on Thu May 19, 2016 9:06 am

Tim, it is the same shit show every year.  Patch holes in the Titanic.  A roll of the dice.

They are what they are.

I know that...hell, I remember Tommy Davis, Kenny Boyer, Rocky Colavito, etc etc etc from the 60's. All superstars who came to the Sox when lame or done. Shit, Davis could barely walk b/c of his ankle when he was here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:49 am