Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sox Rule

Re: Sox Rule

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:16 am

Chi-kid wrote:Indianapolis

would probably count this place out ..big Cincinnati drawing ground - only about 90 minutes away. I would bet cinti would veto the allowance into the league.

AND CHICAGO IS CLOSER I BELIEVE.

SURPRISED ROBZ DIDN'T ELIMINATE CHARLOTTE NC.

BTW, MEXICO CITY MIGHT DRAW CONSIDERATION
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:29 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

would probably count this place out ..big Cincinnati drawing ground - only about 90 minutes away. I would bet cinti would veto the allowance into the league.

I'd eliminate Charlotte. They just built a new minor league stadium which probably wouldn't be large enough for major league standards.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:10 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

Chicago to Indy -190
    Indy to Cincy -just under 100
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:35 am

People tend to ignore the fact that Indianapolis is a larger metro area than many cities which already support major league baseball teams. Indy could easily support a baseball team. The people of Indianapolis sure as hell have no problem supporting the Colts what with the Bengals only 90 minutes away. Here in Northern Indiana people thought the Colts could never break the Bears' hold on my area. Bullshit. It took awhile but my region now embraces the Colts far more than the Bears.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:58 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

Chicago to Indy -190
    Indy to Cincy -just under 100

GUESS I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT A MAP 1ST

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:02 am

Cream1953 wrote:People tend to ignore the fact that Indianapolis is a larger metro area than many cities which already support major league baseball teams. Indy could easily support a baseball team. The people of Indianapolis sure as hell have no problem supporting the Colts what with the Bengals only 90 minutes away. Here in Northern Indiana people thought the Colts could never break the Bears' hold on my area. Bullshit. It took awhile but my region now embraces the Colts far more than the Bears.

THE KARK SAW HOW HIGH THEY WERE ON THE POPULATION LIST, WHICH IS WHY HE LISTED INDIANAPOLIS.

MY GUESS IS SHARPY IS CLAIMING THE REDS WOULD BLOCK IT FOR SELFISH REASONS.  WHICH THEY WOULD PROBABLY ATTEMPT

I WONDER HOW THE RANGERS AND ASTROS WOULD REACT TO A 3RD TEXAS TEAM?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:People tend to ignore the fact that Indianapolis is a larger metro area than many cities which already support major league baseball teams. Indy could easily support a baseball team. The people of Indianapolis sure as hell have no problem supporting the Colts what with the Bengals only 90 minutes away. Here in Northern Indiana people thought the Colts could never break the Bears' hold on my area. Bullshit. It took awhile but my region now embraces the Colts far more than the Bears.

THE KARK SAW HOW HIGH THEY WERE ON THE POPULATION LIST, WHICH IS WHY HE LISTED INDIANAPOLIS.

MY GUESS IS SHARPY IS CLAIMING THE REDS WOULD BLOCK IT FOR SELFISH REASONS.  WHICH THEY WOULD PROBABLY ATTEMPT

I WONDER HOW THE RANGERS AND ASTROS WOULD REACT TO A 3RD TEXAS TEAM?

I would guess Las Vegas and Charlotte.  However, Las Vegas is a city built on gambling, so there might be some push back on expansion to "Glitter Gulch".  Maybe the "powers that be" there would make MLB an offer it couldn't refuse. scratch

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 am

Exactly...same thing with Louisville - another great city - hell, same thing with Columbus Ohio which is the 15th largest city in the US population wise - anyone think the Reds or Indians are going to get a MLB team in Columbus?  no way (nor should they)
    What about Vegas?  Would they support a team? Or New jersey? or are they too close to Phillie and NYC?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:53 am

Chi-kid wrote:MY GUESS IS SHARPY IS CLAIMING THE REDS WOULD BLOCK IT FOR SELFISH REASONS.  WHICH THEY WOULD PROBABLY ATTEMPT

Exactly...same thing with Louisville - another great city - hell, same thing with Columbus Ohio which is the 15th largest city in the US population wise - anyone think the Reds or Indians are going to get a MLB team in Columbus?  no way (nor should they)
    What about Vegas?  Would they support a team? Or New jersey? or are they too close to Phillie and NYC?

Vegas has formed a syndicate (or maybe its the other way around) to promote that possibility.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:MY GUESS IS SHARPY IS CLAIMING THE REDS WOULD BLOCK IT FOR SELFISH REASONS.  WHICH THEY WOULD PROBABLY ATTEMPT

Vegas has formed a syndicate (or maybe its the other way around) to promote that possibility.

The Oakland (or is it LA) Raiders are pushing hard for a move to Vegas. Would they have two professional sports teams move there? Possibly a third as they are courting the Phoenix Coyotes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 am