Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

2016 Chicago White Sox

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

2016 Chicago White Sox

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Last year the 2015 Sox lost me before the All Star break. I attended two games last year and for one of them I left before the game was over. I didn't watch, read or listen to them. They might have well been Chicago's National League Baseball team. The ignore function was locked into place. When John P contacted me about going to opening day I declined. I told him that the Sox would have to win me back this year. 

Well so far I think it's happening. After not being around for the start of the season. I finally sat down and watched a game last week. Very different team this year (So far). They are catching the ball. They are making plays and the pitching has been terrific. The offense is basically just enough so far.

I am still learning some of these guys name. I'm not the type who studies the sports page and memorizes players on base percentage. 

I actually saw a Sox catcher throw out a runner at second! When did that last happen? I've seen pitchers get out of jams and a wacky triple play! 

Now I'm not going to make any post season predictions but thank God the bullshit that was the 2015 Chicago White Sox seems to be gone. So I guess I'll have to start paying attention. 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Re: 2016 Chicago White Sox

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Amazing what pitching and DEFENSE can do.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 pm

TeleFrank wrote:Last year the 2015 Sox lost me before the All Star break. I attended two games last year and for one of them I left before the game was over. I didn't watch, read or listen to them. They might have well been Chicago's National League Baseball team. The ignore function was locked into place. When John P contacted me about going to opening day I declined. I told him that the Sox would have to win me back this year. 

Well so far I think it's happening. After not being around for the start of the season. I finally sat down and watched a game last week. Very different team this year (So far). They are catching the ball. They are making plays and the pitching has been terrific. The offense is basically just enough so far.

I am still learning some of these guys name. I'm not the type who studies the sports page and memorizes players on base percentage. 

I actually saw a Sox catcher throw out a runner at second! When did that last happen? I've seen pitchers get out of jams and a wacky triple play! 

Now I'm not going to make any post season predictions but thank God the bullshit that was the 2015 Chicago White Sox seems to be gone. So I guess I'll have to start paying attention. 

cheers cheers cheers

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Amazing what pitching and DEFENSE can do.

Its even more amazing what having major league CATCHERS can do ...

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:16 am

Sale and Latos 8-0 in 8 starts
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:57 pm

After watching 4 years of Oaf and LaRoche playing like it hurt them to show up at the ballpark, it's refreshing to see players like Todd Frazier act like they're actually happy to be on the team.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:05 am

You do tend to lose interest quickly in a teams that are last statistically in offense and defense.

That team last year was total garbage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:38 pm