Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Strike Zone

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Strike Zone

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Sox getting killed by this fucked up home plate ump tonight. He's added many additional pitches to Rodon's outing tonight and put two or three guys on base that Rodon had struck out. The worst one was early in the game when the entire ball was inside of the box and over the center of the plate, only to be called ball four.

It's not the little bit of strike zone looseness that bothers me. It's that we can objectively see that the ump is fucking up and hurting the Sox.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Strike Zone

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Regardless the outcome, Rodon pitched a superb ballgame tonight in spite of the home plate umpire.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Regardless the outcome, Rodon pitched a superb ballgame tonight in spite of the home plate umpire.

Indeed he did. When the slider is in the strike zone, can anyone even hit it fair? Just a total wipe out pitch, from the looks of it.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Didn't see the game but his box score data looks great.  He walked several but mixing wicked stuff with wild stuff can unnerve the batters.

As for the ball/strike call issue, my thoughts haven't changed but I'm done complaining for the year.  I'll take Sharpy's advice, sit back and enjoy the best game of all time.  I'll try to ignore the perfectionist box.

This is shaping up to be a good year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am