Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Tim Anderson

s0ch0a
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Tim Anderson

Post by s0ch0a on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:10 pm

It seems to be the consensus that Anderson is our number one prospect.

Just wondering, is anyone making the same kind of predictions for success that were being made for Addison Russell when he was in the A's system.

Seems to me that people are speaking of Anderson as a potential good, major league shortstop with a little pop in his bat. People were projecting Russell to be an all-star.

I haven't heard any of the Sox brass speak of Anderson in such glowing terms, even though they try to talk up all their prospects.

Re: Tim Anderson

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:37 am

I think the Sox brass are being coy. They don't want to be put in the position of having to turn down an Anderson for Trout trade.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:00 am

Isn't Anderson like 27 now?
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:01 am

s0ch0a wrote:It seems to be the consensus that Anderson is our number one prospect.

Just wondering, is anyone making the same kind of predictions for success that were being made for Addison Russell when he was in the A's system.

Seems to me that people are speaking of Anderson as a potential good, major league shortstop with a little pop in his bat. People were projecting Russell to be an all-star.

I haven't heard any of the Sox brass speak of Anderson in such glowing terms, even though they try to talk up all their prospects.

Anderson's talented (.300 hitter and very speedy) but he also has bigtime issues. Makes a lot of errors in the field and strikes out a ton. He's only 23, so he can mature. But the fact he strikes out 5 times as many times as he walks is not a good sign.  Big league pitchers typically carve up those kind of hitters.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 am

alohafri wrote:Isn't Anderson like 27 now?

Tim Anderson is 22, going to be 23 in June.  He's probably major league ready with the bat but is still sub-par defensively.  I thought that the Sox were going to have to eventually move him to the outfield, but he seemed to show a lot of improvement at shortstop this Spring from where he was a year ago.

As far as being a future AL All-Star shortstop, that's likely going to be the guy in Houston, Carlos Correa, for many years to come.  Correa is like a young A-rod.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:02 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
      He's probably major league ready with the bat but is still sub-par defensively.  I thought that the Sox were going to have to eventually move him to the outfield, but he seemed to show a lot of improvement at shortstop this Spring from where he was a year ago.As far as being a future AL All-Star shortstop, that's likely going to be the guy in Houston, Carlos Correa, for many years to come.  Correa is like a young A-rod.

Anderson has to stop striking out so much and stop acting like taking a BB is a crime. Yes, the kid has some hitting talent and speed, but Sox history is full of these free swinging great athletes who don't amount to a pile of shit in the majors.  Offhand, I can't think of a middle IFer with a 5-1 K/BB ratio in the minors (like Anderson has) who's ever been able to hold a regular job in the majors.    So far, he's 2 for 10 with 4 K's in his first taste of AAA.  Very small sample to be sure, but Anderson has a LOT to prove.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:30 pm