Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Guest on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:17 pm

    THE WHITE SOX CHANCES CAN BE SUMMED UP BY USING AN OLD JOKE AS A METAPHOR

    2 FAGS WERE CAMPING IN THE FOREST WHEN THEY REALIZED A MOUNTAIN LOIN WANDERED INTO THEIR SITE.

    ONE OF THE QUEERS KICKED OFF HIS HIGH HEELS AND PUT ON HIS HIKING BOOTS

    THE OTHER HOMO SAID YOU ARE NUTS IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OUT RUN A MOUNTAIN LION.

    THE QUEER RESPONDED, I DON'T HAVE TO OUT RUN THE LOIN.  I JUST HAVE TO OUT RUN YOU.

    ****************************

    THE KARK REMEMBERS LAST YEAR.  I STOPPED CHECKING AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK.  BUT B4 THE BREAK, THEY LOST A HELL OF A LOT OF GAMES WHERE THE OPPOSITION SCORED 3 OR LESS.  A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE.

    HOW OFTEN DID THE SOX END UP WITH ZERO WHEN THEY HAD RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION WITH LESS THAN 2 OUTS?!?!?!?

    I SWEAR, THIS HAPPENED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A GAME.  JUST COME THRU ONE OF THOSE 3 TIMES AND HOW PROBABLY HAVE 90 WINS

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:57 pm

    SONNY GRAY GETTING FOOD POISONING IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

    NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BREAKS LIKE THIS.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7497
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:47 pm

    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:.

    NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BREAKS LIKE THIS.

    ...and they did. Yay.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2574
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:12 pm

    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:****************************

    THE KARK REMEMBERS LAST YEAR.  I STOPPED CHECKING AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK.  BUT B4 THE BREAK, THEY LOST A HELL OF A LOT OF GAMES WHERE THE OPPOSITION SCORED 3 OR LESS.  A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE.

    HOW OFTEN DID THE SOX END UP WITH ZERO WHEN THEY HAD RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION WITH LESS THAN 2 OUTS?!?!?!?

    I SWEAR, THIS HAPPENED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A GAME.  JUST COME THRU ONE OF THOSE 3 TIMES AND HOW PROBABLY HAVE 90 WINS


    Sox's problems last year were 1- not enough guys on base, therefore not enough guys in scoring position   and 2- no power when guys were on baseSox were 15th in HR's with men on base + RSP and 13th in OPS with RSP.  Adding Lawrie and Frazier, give the Sox more pop now to drive those runners in.  But the problem of not getting enough guys on base in first place remains.  Unfortunately, neither Frazier (309 OBP last yr) or Lawrie (299) are likely to help that much. 

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 am

    rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:****************************

    THE KARK REMEMBERS LAST YEAR.  I STOPPED CHECKING AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK.  BUT B4 THE BREAK, THEY LOST A HELL OF A LOT OF GAMES WHERE THE OPPOSITION SCORED 3 OR LESS.  A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE.

    HOW OFTEN DID THE SOX END UP WITH ZERO WHEN THEY HAD RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION WITH LESS THAN 2 OUTS?!?!?!?

    I SWEAR, THIS HAPPENED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A GAME.  JUST COME THRU ONE OF THOSE 3 TIMES AND HOW PROBABLY HAVE 90 WINS


    Sox's problems last year were 1- not enough guys on base, therefore not enough guys in scoring position   and 2- no power when guys were on baseSox were 15th in HR's with men on base + RSP and 13th in OPS with RSP.  Adding Lawrie and Frazier, give the Sox more pop now to drive those runners in.  But the problem of not getting enough guys on base in first place remains.  Unfortunately, neither Frazier (309 OBP last yr) or Lawrie (299) are likely to help that much. 


    BLAH BLAH BLAH

    I KNOW WHAT I SAW

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Guest on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:24 am

    THE KARK WATCHED THE RIGHT HALF INNING LAST NIGHT!!!!

    EATON BEATS THE THROW TO 2ND AND NO CHANCE TO GET THE OUT AT FIRST.

    WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN INNING ENDING DOUBLE PLAY TURNS INTO A 3 RUN BOMB!!!!

    **************************************************

    HOPEFULLY SONNY GRAY HAS SOME DAY OLD SUSHI FOR LUNCH TODAY WHILE RODON SHOWS WHY HE WAS A #1 DRAFT

    2-0 GOTTA LOVE IT

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:31 am

    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:****************************

    THE KARK REMEMBERS LAST YEAR.  I STOPPED CHECKING AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK.  BUT B4 THE BREAK, THEY LOST A HELL OF A LOT OF GAMES WHERE THE OPPOSITION SCORED 3 OR LESS.  A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE.

    HOW OFTEN DID THE SOX END UP WITH ZERO WHEN THEY HAD RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION WITH LESS THAN 2 OUTS?!?!?!?

    I SWEAR, THIS HAPPENED AT LEAST 3 TIMES A GAME.  JUST COME THRU ONE OF THOSE 3 TIMES AND HOW PROBABLY HAVE 90 WINS


    Sox's problems last year were 1- not enough guys on base, therefore not enough guys in scoring position   and 2- no power when guys were on baseSox were 15th in HR's with men on base + RSP and 13th in OPS with RSP.  Adding Lawrie and Frazier, give the Sox more pop now to drive those runners in.  But the problem of not getting enough guys on base in first place remains.  Unfortunately, neither Frazier (309 OBP last yr) or Lawrie (299) are likely to help that much. 


    BLAH BLAH BLAH

    I KNOW WHAT I SAW

    Hey, Roger, the trouble with your Dodgers is that they spend more time in doctors' offices than on the playing field.  They can't dodge trolleys too well on crutches.  An occasional injury now and then can be expected, but ten guy on the DL to start the season is absolutely pathetic.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2574
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm

    Hey, Roger, the trouble with your Dodgers is that they spend more time in doctors' offices than on the playing field.  They can't dodge trolleys too well on crutches.  An occasional injury now and then can be expected, but ten guy on the DL to start the season is absolutely pathetic.

    Yeah, their touted "depth" doesn't look so deep anymore.  New Mgmt. has gambled on pitchers with injury histories and so far they've been on the losing end (McCarthy, Anderson, Beachy, Montas).  Two best pitchers after Kershaw, (Kazmir and Maeda) aren't exactly iron men either.   Three starters (Ryu, Anderson, McCarthy) should be returning from their various surgeries in July but question is whether Dodgers will still be in the hunt by then.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2574
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:55 pm

    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    I KNOW WHAT I SAW  >>


    What we saw last night (Frazier hitting 3 run HR) hopefully signals part of the change this year.  Last year, the Sox got 19 HR's from 2b/3b.   Lawrie and Frazier hit 51 last year.  So 32 more HR's out of two IF spots goes a long way toward scoring more runs.

    Sponsored content

    Re: WHITE SOX CHANCES

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 pm