Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

2016: 20 Sox top prospect list

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

2016: 20 Sox top prospect list

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: 2016: 20 Sox top prospect list

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Not overly impressive, to be honest. When I tried to click your link, I accidentally initially clicked the advertising at the top of this page and it was an ad for meeting sexy Latina women. I liked what I saw on that page quite a bit more than in our list of prospects.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Not overly impressive, to be honest.  When I tried to click your link, I accidentally initially clicked the advertising at the top of this page and it was an ad for meeting sexy Latina women.  I liked what I saw on that page quite a bit more than in our list of prospects.

Well, on another page that site rated the Sox farm system #24 out of 30 teams, which is not good.  Anyway, I just thought that I'd give the link for anyone interested.  The Sox farm system has been pretty dismal for over a decade.  In Monday's opener, the only player to take the field who was both drafted and developed by the Sox will be pitcher Chris Sale.  All the position players in the lineup came via trade or free agency.  Tyler Saladino is the only position player on the team drafted and developed by the Sox.  Besides Sale, there are a few more pitchers on the team that the Sox drafted and developed: Rodon, Jones, and Petricka.  Neither Sale or Rodon, though, spend much time in the Sox minor league system.  It's like a black hole, which can happen when hiring is based primarily on a buddy system rather than on competency.

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:25 pm

The Sox farm system has been pretty dismal for over a decade. 

I'd argue the Sox farm system hasn't been good since they canned Larry Himes ..
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Chi-kid wrote:The Sox farm system has been pretty dismal for over a decade. 

U are CORRECT, Tim

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:09 pm

sox55 wrote:

U are CORRECT, Tim

Well there was that little blip when the White Sox were producing guys like Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand, Mark Buehrle....

Crying shame that Larry Himes was not allowed to finish what he had started.

Imagine Frank and SamMe going into the HOF on the same day, both in White Sox uniforms sporting multiple World Series rings

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:21 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    sox55 wrote:

U are CORRECT, Tim

Well there was that little blip when the White Sox were producing guys like Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand, Mark Buehrle....

Crying shame that Larry Himes was not allowed to finish what he had started.

Imagine Frank and SamMe going into the HOF on the same day, both in White Sox uniforms sporting multiple World Series rings

Yeah, the Sox did have a respectable farm system back around Y2K, which seems like a millennium ago. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:10 pm