Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Joe Garagiola

Joe Garagiola

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm

When I was a kid, I loved his commentary on the NBC game of the week and the World Series. Later in life, he became redundant and very boring, but in his prime, for a kid watching baseball, I loved listening to him and his stories.  Second best ballplayer to come out of this neighborhood of St Louis - guesses as to the best?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Joe Garagiola

Post by rmapasad on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Chi-kid wrote:When I was a kid, I loved his commentary on the NBC game of the week and the World Series. Later in life, he became redundant and very boring, but in his prime, for a kid watching baseball, I loved listening to him and his stories.  Second best ballplayer to come out of this neighborhood of St Louis - guesses as to the best?

Yogi
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:06 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:When I was a kid, I loved his commentary on the NBC game of the week and the World Series. Later in life, he became redundant and very boring, but in his prime, for a kid watching baseball, I loved listening to him and his stories.  Second best ballplayer to come out of this neighborhood of St Louis - guesses as to the best?

Yogi
    Childhood friends ,that lived on the same block, who made the BIGS ,and each led wonderful lives. Americana.

May they both rest in peace.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 pm

With all due respect, another one I thought had been dead for 20 years.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:12 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Yogi
    Jack Buck, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 pm