Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Far more entertaining off the field

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Far more entertaining off the field

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:50 pm

The latest from Rotoworld.com:

"Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports Chris Sale lit into White Sox president Kenny Williams during a "contentious" meeting earlier this week. Sale was upset Williams banned Adam LaRoche's son from the clubhouse, a decision that prompted LaRoche to announce his retirement. Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports adds that Sale told Williams to "get out of the clubhouse and stay out." LaRoche's teammates were so upset with Williams that they actually threatened to boycott Wednesday's game against Milwaukee. LaRoche would have earned $13 million had he played this season."
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Far more entertaining off the field

Post by alohafri on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:54 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:The latest from Rotoworld.com:

"Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports Chris Sale lit into White Sox president Kenny Williams during a "contentious" meeting earlier this week. Sale was upset Williams banned Adam LaRoche's son from the clubhouse, a decision that prompted LaRoche to announce his retirement. Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports adds that Sale told Williams to "get out of the clubhouse and stay out." LaRoche's teammates were so upset with Williams that they actually threatened to boycott Wednesday's game against Milwaukee. LaRoche would have earned $13 million had he played this season."

Let them boycott! Of all things to take a stand on.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:01 pm

WHERE WAS ALL THIS PASSION IN SEPTEMBER OF 2012 WHEN THE WHITE SOX COUGHED UP A 3 GAME LEAD WITH 2 WEEKS TO GO?!?!?!?!?

LET ME GUESS, KEVIN YOUKLIS COULDN'T FIND A BABY SITTER.

AGAIN, HOW BIG OF A FREAKIN' WHACK JOB IS LAROUCHE?!?!?!?!?!?

FUCKER CAN'T BY A NICE RV FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND SO HIS WIFE AND KIDS CAN SIT COMFORTABLY IN THE PARKING LOT?!?!?!?

AND JUST HOW LONG IS THE LITTLE FUCKER'S SPRING BREAK?!?!?!?!?

BUT THEN, WITH THAT BEARD, I WOULD SUSPECT THE LITTLE ROACHES ARE HOME SCHOOLED.

WHICH BRINGS ME BACK TO THE RV IN THE PARKING LOT.  I'M SURE IT WOULD BE QUITE EASY TO INSTALL A DESK AND CHALK BOARD

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:02 pm

One has to wonder if Kenny Williams's management style is wearing a little thin with the boys in black.  There's not much forethought or insight in his style, just plenty of incite.  If KW's job doesn't survive this mess, he can surely get a professorship at Trump University as an expert in crisis mismanagement.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    BUT THEN, WITH THAT BEARD, I WOULD SUSPECT THE LITTLE ROACHES ARE HOME SCHOOLED.

ROFLMAO!!!  Kark, your best one ever! lol!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:One has to wonder if Kenny Williams's management style is wearing a little thin with the boys in black.  

There's no doubt in my mind. But Kenny isn't going anywhere until Reinsdorf sells.

It breaks my heart to have to support Kenny in something.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:18 pm

alohafri wrote:
    There's no doubt in my mind. But Kenny isn't going anywhere until Reinsdorf sells.

It's more likely that Chris Sale gets traded off for the next LaRoche. Sad

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:19 pm

alohafri wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:One has to wonder if Kenny Williams's management style is wearing a little thin with the boys in black.  

My impression is not that the kid is the issue, but that was another pretext for Sale to tell Kenny he really isn't welcome in the  clubhouse. He's not the manager, coach or even GM.
    He;s the damned president. Can you imagine Reinsdorf going down in the clubhouse at any time but to celebrate a playoff.  

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:07 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

My impression is not that the kid is the issue, but that was another pretext for Sale to tell Kenny he really isn't welcome in the  clubhouse. He's not the manager, coach or even GM.
    He;s the damned president. Can you imagine Reinsdorf going down in the clubhouse at any time but to celebrate a playoff.  

Besides Sale, who would stand up to management?  Abreu doesn't speak English.  A lot of the veteran players are new to the team and hardly know LaRoche and his son, and most of the young players are just trying to make the roster.  The whole idea that the team threatened to boycott a game sounds like overblown B.S.  I agree with Frank that it was mainly an opportunity for Sales to tear into KW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 am