Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

LaRoche Retiring

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: LaRoche Retiring

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:45 pm

I just read that some of the Sox players are trying to convince him NOT to retire. Holy fuck. Really?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I just read that some of the Sox players are trying to convince him NOT to retire.  Holy fuck.  Really?  

He takes the heat off the rest of the stiffs.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Rafael Palmiero is the only  1bman to hit more than 120 HR's after age 36 and we now know why he did it

Cuban enchiladas?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I just read that some of the Sox players are trying to convince him NOT to retire.  Holy fuck.  Really?  

He is probably well-liked in the clubhouse. I bet you haven't read about any fans trying to convince him not to retire, however.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 pm

For what it's worth, from Rotoworld.com:

"FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Adam LaRoche chose to retire after White Sox president Ken Williams told him that he no longer could bring his 14-year-old son into the clubhouse. LaRoche's son, Drake, has traveled with his dad for several years and has been a regular presence in the clubhouse. We're guessing this would be less of a concern if LaRoche had a productive first season in Chicago, but the team's front office decided that they didn't want his son as a regular fixture with the team. LaRoche told the White Sox on Tuesday that he would take a "couple of days" before making a final decision about retirement, but he's prepared to walk away from $13 million."

Last edited by MGJOHNSON on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Supposedly LaRouche took offense to Kenny Williams telling him his 14 year old shouldn't be in the clubhouse 24/7.

Now I love my kids as much as anybody but jeez!!!!!!

Ballplayers are off 5 months a year and make more than enough to have their families travel with them in the summer if so desired.

What a freakin' tard this guy is

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:37 pm

beat me by a minute mart

damn you

hopefully the kid has enough sense to tell daddy how freakin stupid he is

the KARK for one, can live with another year of LaRouche.  There are worse players the sox can take north y' know

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:46 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Supposedly LaRouche took offense to Kenny Williams telling him his 14 year old shouldn't be in the clubhouse 24/7.

Now I love my kids as much as anybody but jeez!!!!!!

Ballplayers are off 5 months a year and make more than enough to have their families travel with them in the summer if so desired.

What a freakin' tard this guy is

You can bet there is more to this.  La Roche is a pretty tough guy.  Maybe this was a setup to insult LaRoche and get him into a confrontation with KW.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:beat me by a minute mart

damn you

the KARK for one, can live with another year of LaRouche.  There are worse players the sox can take north y' know

Kark, I don't know what happened in LaRoche's case, but I wouldn't put anything passed Reinsdorf.

Here's a scenario:  Let's say that you are under contract to your employer.  He verbally insults your family to the extent that you punch him.  He says that he's going to press charges and void your contract unless you agree to resign.  Knowing that you don't have a leg to stand on since you threw the punch, what would you do?

I know that it sounds kind of fanciful, but it makes more sense than walking away from $13 million.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Shit, if that's all it took, I wish Kenny would have instituted this policy last year.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:08 pm

I imagine there's several jocks that don't feel so free of tongue with a 13 year old who's always in the clubhouse.  Difficult to offer the details of the encounter with the previous night's groupie.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Quick. Someone get John Danks' kids in the locker room!

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:43 pm

When I was 14, and when my son was 14, I think the last thing either of us wanted to do was spend every waking moment with my father..doesn't this kid have a life? Play ball in the summer? hang with his friends? kiss a girl? sneak a beer, or a toke? I'm with Jay, I wouldn't some kid at my place of work every day
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:22 am

jaywit wrote:I imagine there's several jocks that don't feel so free of tongue with a 13 year old who's always in the clubhouse.  Difficult to offer the details of the encounter with the previous night's groupie.

Agree with that in general.  Do recall, however, that as teenagers Ken Griffey Jr and Barry Bonds hung around their dads' locker rooms quite a bit. So it's not totally unheard of.  But their dads were a helluva lot better players than LaRoche.  Other thing that makes this odd is that supposedly several players tried to talk LaRoche out of quitting. So did this ban come from players bitching about the kid or was it Kenny concoction ?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:50 am

So did this ban come from players bitching about the kid or was it Kenny concoction ?

Or both? What's the liability of a kid taking part in drills on a major league level where playing catch can get you hit by a 75 mph toss. Or getting hit by a line drive. And maybe the other players were tired of some kid always there. Not everyone loves your kid as much as you do. 

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:17 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:beat me by a minute mart

damn you

Kark, I don't know what happened in LaRoche's case, but I wouldn't put anything passed Reinsdorf.

Here's a scenario:  Let's say that you are under contract to your employer.  He verbally insults your family to the extent that you punch him.  He says that he's going to press charges and void your contract unless you agree to resign.  Knowing that you don't have a leg to stand on since you threw the punch, what would you do?

I know that it sounds kind of fanciful, but it makes more sense than walking away from $13 million.

Mart

this is serious stuff.  Can we discuss it without the tinfoil.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:18 am

alohafri wrote:Quick. Someone get John Danks' kids in the locker room!

KEVIN FOR GM!!!!!!

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:25 am

rmapasad wrote:
    jaywit wrote:I imagine there's several jocks that don't feel so free of tongue with a 13 year old who's always in the clubhouse.  Difficult to offer the details of the encounter with the previous night's groupie.

Agree with that in general.  Do recall, however, that as teenagers Ken Griffey Jr and Barry Bonds hung around their dads' locker rooms quite a bit. So it's not totally unheard of.  But their dads were a helluva lot better players than LaRoche.  Other thing that makes this odd is that supposedly several players tried to talk LaRoche out of quitting. So did this ban come from players bitching about the kid or was it Kenny concoction ?

THE WAS NO BAN

LAROUCHE IS APPARENTLY AS GOOFY AS THAT FUCKED UP BERD OF HIS.

GOOD RIDDANCE.  THE KARK TAKES A 12TH PITCHER OVER A RETARD ANY DAY.

FAMILY MY BLACK ASS

GIVE THE KARK $13MIL AND EVEN AFTER TAXES, NOT ONLY WOULD I BE SET FOR LIFE, BUT SO WOULD MY CHILDREN AND MY GRANDCHILDREN.

ONLY LOGICAL REASON TO WALK AWAY IS IF HE IS MARRIED TO CINDY SANDBERG'S SISTER AND HE NEEDS TO ELIMINATE HIS INCOME SOURCE SO HE CAN SCREW HER IN THE PENDING DIVORCE

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:14 am

rmapasad wrote:

The Sox brass seems to be in a major spin mode, and it's not for the sake of public relations with the fans (it seldom is), most of whom are just glad LaRoche is gone and don't really care how his removal was accomplished.  Maybe the Sox braintrust is afraid that LaRoche sues them for changing a policy that was directed solely at him since the Sox claim that kids are still allowed in the clubhouse, just not LaRoche's kid all the time.  This crap about not wanting him to leave, giving him time to reconsider, etc. could all be feeding into setting up a legal defense.

However, I believe it's more a case of image control within the baseball community.  The Sox are a team based on acquisitions thru free agency, trades, etc.  Their farm system is far from being the envy of baseball.  It doesn't produce too many star players.  On opening day this year, it's unlikely that the Sox will have any homegrown (Sox drafted and developed) batters in the lineup.  They all came from elsewhere.  Thus, the Sox organization want to project itself as a place where players want to come to play and not a place that fucks over a player because he had a down year.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:40 am

TALK ABOUT MAJOR SPIN MODE!!!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AT THE 2ND LINE BECAUSE THIS SUMS IT UP

most of whom are just glad LaRoche is gone and don't really care how his removal was accomplished.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:57 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    The Sox brass seems to be in a major spin mode, and it's not for the sake of public relations with the fans (it seldom is), most of whom are just glad LaRoche is gone and don't really care how his removal was accomplished.  Maybe the Sox braintrust is afraid that LaRoche sues them for changing a policy that was directed solely at him since the Sox claim that kids are still allowed in the clubhouse, just not LaRoche's kid all the time.  This crap about not wanting him to leave, giving him time to reconsider, etc. could all be feeding into setting up a legal defense.
    However, I believe it's more a case of image control within the baseball community.  The Sox are a team based on acquisitions thru free agency, trades, etc.  Their farm system is far from being the envy of baseball.  It doesn't produce too many star players.  On opening day this year, it's unlikely that the Sox will have any homegrown (Sox drafted and developed) batters in the lineup.  They all came from elsewhere.  Thus, the Sox organization want to project itself as a place where players want to come to play and not a place that fucks over a player because he had a down year.

It's a very odd story.  First, I can't think of many players willing to walk away from $ 13 million over something like this.  Second, weird that the Sox will still allow kids in the clubhouse, just not LaRoche's.  Unless this kid was doing things that specifically that annoyed players, it sure looks like a prime motivation is because LaRoche hit .207 last year.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Again, the kid is not "banned". Williams was interviewed and said he told laroche to cut it back. He said "even 50% is a excessive amount" but that there was a lot of availability between 0-50%. I think when they signed him he asked if kids were allowed and I bet the Sox said sure they are. Always have been and laroche was the first guy to take it to the extreme and that was too much. It's the same scenario that lead your mom to tell you it was okay to have "A" cookie, and not that it was ok to have cookies. 
    Now let's ask ourself if laroche is focusing on trying to hit over .210, or focusing on what or where little laroche is and doing? It's a work place. For roughly 5 hours a day. Let's focus people!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Again, the kid is not "banned". Williams was interviewed and said he told laroche to cut it back. He said "even 50% is a excessive amount" but that there was a lot of availability between 0-50%. I think when they signed him he asked if kids were allowed and I bet the Sox said sure they are. Always have been and laroche was the first guy to take it to the extreme and that was too much. It's the same scenario that lead your mom to tell you it was okay to have "A" cookie, and not that it was ok to have cookies. 
    Now let's ask ourself if laroche is focusing on trying to hit over .210, or focusing on what or where little laroche is and doing? It's a work place. For roughly 5 hours a day. Let's focus people!

I'm going to bring my granddaughter to school with me every day. I would bet that my principal would do more than ask me to "cut it back".

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Again, the kid is not "banned". Williams was interviewed and said he told laroche to cut it back. He said "even 50% is a excessive amount" but that there was a lot of availability between 0-50%. I think when they signed him he asked if kids were allowed and I bet the Sox said sure they are. Always have been and laroche was the first guy to take it to the extreme and that was too much. It's the same scenario that lead your mom to tell you it was okay to have "A" cookie, and not that it was ok to have cookies. 

Its people like LaRouche that ruin it for everybody

My place of employment, if you had a doctors appointment, you could come in late or leave early.  Just make sure your work is done

Then one woman abused the policy.  Scheduling appointments at lunch and taking half days off on a repeated basis

As a result, anybody that takes more than 2 hours off work is now charged with 1/2 a vacation day.  Under 2 hours, you must document where you made the 2 hours up THAT WEEK

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:26 pm

I wonder how you tell a guy that he sucks with his kid constantly within earshot, not that KW would have the class to really care.  It would be hard to manage with a bunch of kids running around.  And focusing -- no way!

Anyhow, Reinsdorf has some new scapegoats to blame for his sucky teams.  If it's not the fans, it's the players' kids.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 am