Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

GLENSDALE IS ROCKING!!!

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

GLENSDALE IS ROCKING!!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:07 pm

BELIEVE!!

Huge win over pesky Padres!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: GLENSDALE IS ROCKING!!!

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:BELIEVE!!

Huge win over pesky Padres!!!

Let the excitement build !!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Some of the Facebook people are printing playoff tickets!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 pm

The woman giving inning by inning updates on these bullshit games and leading the cheers needs a life.

The one guy talking about SWIRLING TRADE RUMORS can be out on Mars or Jupiter.

The idea that Reinsdorf would be paying Votto's contract is just plain lunacy.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:01 am

The Sox are actually doing well this spring

Hope it is a sign

Typically Sox suck in March and act like April does matter

Need to come out of the gate swinging.  As I have noted numerous times, if the Sox don't win April, they don't win
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 am

BELIEVE!!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:34 am

Father of Stan wrote:The Sox are actually doing well this spring

Hope it is a sign

Typically Sox suck in March and act like April does matter

Need to come out of the gate swinging.  As I have noted numerous times, if the Sox don't win April, they don't win

Didn't Roger last spring show us analysis that tied spring training success to regular season success? Woo hoo!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Didn't Roger last spring show us analysis that tied spring training success to regular season success? Woo hoo!

Spring Training results are meaningless.  April isn't.  In 2015, 8 of the top 10 April teams made the playoffs. Only two teams (Jays and Rangers) got in after after sub-.500 Aprils.   Jays were 11-12 in April so they didn't have a big hole to dig out from. 
    Both the Ranger and Indians got into a big April hole with 7-14 starts. Rangers had to go 46-38 (3rd best in baseball) in second half to make it where Indians who were "only" 39-34 (9th best) didn't.
    Sox were one of 7 teams with a sub .450 teams in April.  Of those 7 only the Rangers made it in.  So with the Sox, like any other team, a bad April means one of two things 1- it's usually a sign of a bad team or 2- even if it isn't a sign of a bad team, it makes for a real uphill battle. Rangers had to be REALLY good afterward to make it. Just being pretty good like the Indians didn't cut it.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:44 pm

KARK has ALWAYS told us!!!

BE THE CHAMPIONS OF APRIL!!!

BELIEVE!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:KARK has ALWAYS told us!!!

BE THE CHAMPIONS OF APRIL!!!

BELIEVE!!

Here's the deal with this April thing.  Every team starts with a 33% chance of playoffs in theory.

1- Being the "champs" of April (.600 or better record) means a team's odds go up to 50%. Since 2000, the Sox are 2 for 5 in making the playoffs after .600 + Aprils (2000 and 2005). Sox are a little behind the norm but if they have a .600 April this year and get in that would bring them up to 3 for 6 in making playoffs after .600 Aprils. Same as rest of baseball.

2-  "Chumps" of April (.400 or worse) have only a 1 in 7 shot of making playoffs.  Sox have had 4 of those Aprils since 2000 and no surprise haven't made the playoffs in any of them. 

3- In between Aprils don't predict the rest of the season very well.  Sox started April between .400 and .600 seven times.   Four times they ended season on same side of .500 they were in April, three times they wound up on opposite sides of .500 they were in April.  Which is almost same you find with other teams in baseball.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:21 pm

They are currently hitting the shit out of the ball ...lots of home runs so far - Sabermetric dream...

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Roger is hillarious

I basically said the same thing last year.

But is stead of an agreement, I get the RobZ of sabermetrics deliberately disagreeing with me.

The 2016 White Sox appear to be a pitching rich hitting poor team that will need to feast on the weak while not getting devoured by the powerful

I White Sox also need to stop beating themselves.  To bad sabermetrics don't measure sabotage.   Sox must lead the league regularly in that

You don't need fan graphs to figure that out

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:01 am

Chi-kid wrote:They are currently hitting the shit out of the ball ...lots of home runs so far - Sabermetric dream...

I would have to check, but I recall 2000 and 2005 and a couple near miss years being good springs

My guess is that for the White Sox, there is some correlation with spring performance and the season

The most likely reason would be that far too many times the White Sox use April as extended spring training
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Father of Stan wrote:Roger is hillarious

I basically said the same thing last year.

But is stead of an agreement, I get the RobZ of sabermetrics deliberately disagreeing with me.

The 2016 White Sox appear to be a pitching rich hitting poor team that will need to feast on the weak while not getting devoured by the powerful

I White Sox also need to stop beating themselves.  To bad sabermetrics don't measure sabotage.   Sox must lead the league regularly in that

You don't need fan graphs to figure that out

Wasn't disagreeing with you because I don't remember exactly what you said last year.  Was responding to Rosebowl's post.  All I can say is Sox seem to be like most other teams. A lousy April means a very high probability of a lousy team. A great April means about a 50-50 shot at the playoffs.  Modestly plus or minus .500 Aprils don't predict anything. 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Stop making sense.

Don't you understand the Sox have to go wire to wire in the minds of some?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:Stop making sense.

Some of those Facebook mopes are hanging on every pitch in spring training!!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:09 pm

alohafri wrote:

People are nuts.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:10 pm

alohafri wrote:

Truly amazing how many dumb fucks waste oxygen.  A lot of them are only concerned with WINNING these meaningless games.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Truly amazing how many dumb fucks waste oxygen.  A lot of them are only concerned with WINNING these meaningless games.

HOW SILLY IS IT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THOSE CONCERNED WITH THE SPRING W/L RECORD

HILLARIOUS HOW IN BLAGO'S CELL ROSEBOWL TELLS ME THAT WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR BEDROOMS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

YET REOSEBOWL IS HERE DAILY TELLING US WHAT THE PROPER WAY TO ROOT FOR THE WHITE SOX IS.

WHEN WILL THE ROSEBOWL'S OF THE WORLD REALIZE ITS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS HOW MUCH I SPEND ON THE WHITE SOX, OR HOW OFTEN I WATCH THEM ON TV OR LISTEN OF THE RADIO.  AND IF I WANT TO WAX POETIC ON FACEBOOK OR TWEET OR POST ABOUT MY FAVORITE TEAM, HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HURT BOBBY ROSEBOWL?!?!?!?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

HOW SILLY IS IT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THOSE CONCERNED WITH THE SPRING W/L RECORD

HILLARIOUS HOW IN BLAGO'S CELL ROSEBOWL TELLS ME THAT WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THEIR BEDROOMS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

YET REOSEBOWL IS HERE DAILY TELLING US WHAT THE PROPER WAY TO ROOT FOR THE WHITE SOX IS.

WHEN WILL THE ROSEBOWL'S OF THE WORLD REALIZE ITS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS HOW MUCH I SPEND ON THE WHITE SOX, OR HOW OFTEN I WATCH THEM ON TV OR LISTEN OF THE RADIO.  AND IF I WANT TO WAX POETIC ON FACEBOOK OR TWEET OR POST ABOUT MY FAVORITE TEAM, HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HURT BOBBY ROSEBOWL?!?!?!?

I've often wondered why Bobby is so obsessed with those obsessed about the White Sox.

Really, who cares what the fanboys think about the Sox?  Fanboys ain't going to cause a recession or a war or shut down the government or deny people healthcare, unless they vote for GOP wackos. affraid
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I've often wondered why Bobby is so obsessed with those obsessed about the White Sox.

He's like Kark and Rob with the homos.  Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:00 pm