Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Steve Lombardozzi

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Steve Lombardozzi

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I just found out that the Sox signed 27 year old Steve Lombardozzi a few months ago.  He's a switch hitter (career .263 BA) with decent speed who can play both in the infield and outfield.  He should make the team as a utility player and might be a better option at SS than anyone else that the Sox have now.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Re: Steve Lombardozzi

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 pm

They will trade him for Beckham when they are BUYERS in July!!!  

THE PLAYOFF PUSH!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:They will trade him for Beckham when they are BUYERS in July!!!  

THE PLAYOFF PUSH!!!

Then all those people who will buy Steve Lombardozzi jerseys will be screwed!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:01 pm

The safest approach is to buy a jersey of every player on the 40 man roster.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I don't believe he's played more than a handful of games at SS so I doubt he's the answer, plus hasn't he been injured for 2 yrs? Had he played at all?  Used to like him when he was with the Nats' but I think he's been masquerading as a fan for 2 years. 
    In other words, the typical W.Sox pickup

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Just looked it up. Hasn't been hurt, just in the minors. Seems like a pickup to keep the AAA roster filled so that the real prospects have someone to play against. As I said, thought he played well for the Nats'. Wonder what happened?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Just looked it up. Hasn't been hurt, just in the minors. Seems like a pickup to keep the AAA roster filled so that the real prospects have someone to play against. As I said, thought he played well for the Nats'. Wonder what happened?

It looks like Steve Lombardozzi got caught in a crunch with a number of good infield prospects arriving in Washington around the same time.  He's a scrappy player, but not spectacular lacking the power potential that his competitors possessed.  Also, he plays several positions, which may have gotten him pigeon-holed early on as a utility type.  He's probably major league caliber as a super sub, but perhaps not quite good enough to be an everyday player unless there aren't any better options.  I see him as a yeoman type player, sort of like outfielder J.B. Shuck.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:59 am

Sounds like a STIFF to me!!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:04 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Sounds like a STIFF to me!!!!!

Perhaps, Bobby, but one potential stiff is better than two.  On a good team with a strong farm system full of talent pushing for a major league opportunity, Lombardozzi would likely only get in the way.  On the White Sox, though, he could play a valuable role as a multi-position utility player.  I'd sooner see the versatile Steve Lombardozzi filling one roster spot than Leury Garcia and Mike Olt taking up two spots.  Think of him as a "stiff eliminator". Smile
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:11 am

A Stiff Eliminator already makes him Team MVP!!!!!

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:11 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:

Perhaps, Bobby, but one potential stiff is better than two.  On a good team with a strong farm system full of talent pushing for a major league opportunity, Lombardozzi would likely only get in the way.  On the White Sox, though, he could play a valuable role as a multi-position utility player.  I'd sooner see the versatile Steve Lombardozzi filling one roster spot than Leury Garcia and Mike Olt taking up two spots.  Think of him as a "stiff eliminator". Smile

I'd like to see the pitching staff cut down to 10.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:38 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

I'd like to see continual cases of free Guinness delivered to everybody in the nation.  But it ain't going to happen, even if Sanders is elected Prez.

Get used to the 12-man pitching staff, Kark, and just hope that Cooper doesn't push it to 13.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:50 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

I'd like to see continual cases of free Guinness delivered to everybody in the nation.  But it ain't going to happen, even if Sanders is elected Prez.

Maybe Manichewicz.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm