Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Jimmy Rollins?

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Jimmy Rollins?

Post by jaywit on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:54 pm

AND CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT THE YEARS 1985, 1990, 1999, 2004, 2009 HAVE IN COMMON?!?!?!?!

The years Cream got lucky?
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Of course, Rollins is supposed to be a MENTOR!!!

Few professional athletes know or care to admit, when they are done. So to think that they are going to "help" their replacement take their job is ludicrous. I've always thought most of these guys are exactly like DiMaggio was to Mantle - didn't even acknowledge his existence or give him the time of day - Mantle was competition to him and he hated him for it.  This was a cheap signing for appearances only. Personally, I'd rather see a Saladino out there busting his ass trying, then to see Rollins going thru the motions - let's hope Ventura is smart enough not to have him leadoff.

Managers can't resist batting formerly speed middle infield veterans at the top of the order even when those guys don't deserve it anymore.  Ventura's contemporary, Mattingly, gave Rollins close to 250 PA's in leadoff despite his miserable .298 OBP in that spot, and Rollins also got another 125 PA's as # 2 hitter with a sickly .305 OBP from that spot.   With Eaton seemingly entrenched in leadoff, doubtful that even Ventura would change that.  He could hit him # 2 though.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Chi-kid wrote:A lot of people could be jealous of Gordon.  What employer would allow a person to keep his job even though he fumbled it for six straight years ?  Then bring him back literally eight months later for an encore.
    The world does not often reward incompetence so generously.

Geez, you jumped the gun. Should have saved this post until he comes back as office errand boy and then is named manager.

I'm waiting for Jared Mitchell to come back as a hitting coach. Laughing
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:32 pm

jaywit wrote:AND CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT THE YEARS 1985, 1990, 1999, 2004, 2009 HAVE IN COMMON?!?!?!?!

Ouch!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:37 pm

alohafri wrote:
    jaywit wrote:AND CAN ANYBODY GUESS WHAT THE YEARS 1985, 1990, 1999, 2004, 2009 HAVE IN COMMON?!?!?!?!

Ouch!

Kevin!  There's no need to imitate the woman's response!

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:57 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Ouch!

THE KARK DOUBTS CREAMPUFF HAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE POLISH SAUSAGE TO MAKE A WOMAN SAY OUCH

AND JAY, YOU ARE OVER ESTIMATING

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:02 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:Of course, Rollins is supposed to be a MENTOR!!!

Few professional athletes know or care to admit, when they are done. So to think that they are going to "help" their replacement take their job is ludicrous. I've always thought most of these guys are exactly like DiMaggio was to Mantle - didn't even acknowledge his existence or give him the time of day - Mantle was competition to him and he hated him for it.  This was a cheap signing for appearances only. Personally, I'd rather see a Saladino out there busting his ass trying, then to see Rollins going thru the motions - let's hope Ventura is smart enough not to have him leadoff.

Managers can't resist batting formerly speed middle infield veterans at the top of the order even when those guys don't deserve it anymore.  Ventura's contemporary, Mattingly, gave Rollins close to 250 PA's in leadoff despite his miserable .298 OBP in that spot, and Rollins also got another 125 PA's as # 2 hitter with a sickly .305 OBP from that spot.   With Eaton seemingly entrenched in leadoff, doubtful that even Ventura would change that.  He could hit him # 2 though.

HATERS ARE GOING TO HATE

THE KARK CHOOSES TO BELIEVE IN EVEN YEAR MAGIC, THE AGE 37 LAST HURRAH YEAR, VETERAN ATHLETES UNDERSTANDING THEY NEED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE AND BE A MENTOR, THAT ALL THE BALL PLAYERS UNDERSTAND THE PRIDE OF WINNING, BUT MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT IS BEST FOR BUSINESS AND THE WHITE SOX UNIVERSE.

2016 IS THE YEAR THE WHITE SOX TAKE BACK THEIR TITLE AND THEIR CITY.

THE MORE I DRINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE OBVIOUS IT BECOMES

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:27 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Ouch!

THE KARK DOUBTS CREAMPUFF HAS ANYWHERE NEAR THE POLISH SAUSAGE TO MAKE A WOMAN SAY OUCH

AND JAY, YOU ARE OVER ESTIMATING

Hey, Kark, you're assuming that I meant it that way.  Let's just say that it's a dry day when Cream gets lucky. Razz

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:33 pm

You're jealous of Gordon!!!

Hey, I admit it. I am jealous of anyone who made it to the major leagues. I'd have taken beckhams career if I had the chance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:36 pm