Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Bo Jackson joins the act!!!

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Bo Jackson joins the act!!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 am

AT SoxFarce, Bo Jackson popped off at Sox Fans for not going to games.

Guess what, times have moved on.  There are very few Fanboys left going to 30 games per season to watch terrible baseball because they have made the Sox part of their identity.

Good luck getting young people out there when the team is shit and there is nothing to do in Bridgeport except get the Hell out.

Nobody owes a bad product a dime.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Bo Jackson joins the act!!!

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:AT SoxFarce, Bo Jackson popped off at Sox Fans for not going to games.

Guess what, times have moved on.  There are very few Fanboys left going to 30 games per season to watch terrible baseball because they have made the Sox part of their identity.

Good luck getting young people out there when the team is shit and there is nothing to do in Bridgeport except get the Hell out.

What would you guess the is percentage of people who go to Sox Fest that are adults over 25 years old who are not accompanied by kids?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:AT SoxFarce, Bo Jackson popped off at Sox Fans for not going to games.

What would you guess the is percentage of people who go to Sox Fest that are adults over 25 years old who are not accompanied by kids?

I haven't been there in over 10 years, but I remember seeing quite a few. I think the last time we went, we closed down the bar with JoePoe and a few others.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:06 pm

I could see going to close a bar!!!!!

I can understand a collector going to get something signed by a Hall of Famer like Fisk or Thomas.  I can understand going to get something signed by Bo Jackson.

I can not understand males over 25 coming alone to get some autograph of a current player or to have a chat with them.  They have to look at somebody like that as if they were named Gacy.

The seminars are a controlled message.  

The idea that I am here because I am some sort of IMPORTANT FAN is pure delusion and creepy if I am over 25 with no kids.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:10 pm

alohafri wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

I haven't been there in over 10 years, but I remember seeing quite a few. I think the last time we went, we closed down the bar with JoePoe and a few others.
    Ah, ok, a bar.  I assumed this was a dry event geared for the kids and taken advantage of by dork adults trying to scam autographs.  Now I get it.  I can see shooting the breeze with friends and an old Sox player or two at the bar.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Who cares what Bo thinks? Willie Harris is back in the fold and working his to manager. I heard he was fetching coffee. What's he thinking?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:03 pm

taken advantage of by dork adults trying to scam autographs

You must be positively devastated.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Cream1953 wrote:taken advantage of by dork adults trying to scam autographs

Hey, I didn't want to be one of the few joining the dork that Bobby and TFrank occasionally mention; you know, the guy who's got a Comiskey Park replica around his TV.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 pm

jaywit wrote:

Hey, I didn't want to be one of the few joining the dork that Bobby and TFrank occasionally mention; you know, the guy who's got a Comiskey Park replica around his TV.

BTW, this may be my first reply directed to you that didn't offer some kind of insult.

Hope I can sleep tonight.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:18 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:I could see going to close a bar!!!!!

I can understand a collector going to get something signed by a Hall of Famer like Fisk or Thomas.  I can understand going to get something signed by Bo Jackson.

I can not understand males over 25 coming alone to get some autograph of a current player or to have a chat with them.  They have to look at somebody like that as if they were named Gacy.

The idea that I am here because I am some sort of IMPORTANT FAN is pure delusion and creepy if I am over 25 with no kids.

ITS ONLY CREEPY IF YOU GET THE HOTEL PACKAGE
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Maybe I wasn't being clear, but I was actually lumping you in with the Comiskey Park TV guy and other dorks. Very Happy
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Maybe I wasn't being clear, but I was actually lumping you in with the Comiskey Park TV guy and other dorks. Very Happy

Yeah, I got it.  Prick.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:

Seminars??? On what?  How to be health conscious while having 2 hot dogs and 4 beers in 3 hours?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

jaywit wrote:

There are people who have fun with this fan stuff....make friends....have some pops and some laughs and enjoy ballgames and all the nonsense that comes along with it...like Hawkeroo...

Then there is the nut squad....People who make being a FANBOY some sort of career or MISSION IN LIFE!!!

Last time I was emotionally distraught after a Sox season was 1967.  8th Grade.  Lasted about a month.

Amazing how people try and imagine a personal connection to a billion dollar business where the employees are corporations and the Fanboys worry about meeting in places where they  don't have to part with more than $10.00.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:52 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:

Seminars??? On what?  How to be health conscious while having 2 hot dogs and 4 beers in 3 hours?
    Circle Jerks for the TRUE BELIEVERS!!!!  
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah, I got it.  Prick.

God I love it when you talk dirty! I love you
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Jay, TFrank and I know somebody who makes the TV Scoreboard dork look well adjusted.  There is a guy who has never really held a real job in his life for more than 6 months.  His objective is to be the Sox Radio Announcer.  He is currently around 63 or 64 years old living in a Flophouse on Clark Street.  The politically correct term would be Single Room Occupancy.  He has his scorebook for every season, scoring every game and screaming how bad Farmer is on Facebook.  He is a sad case, but he sat with us in LF in the 70s and 80s.  We told him he had to start in the Minors.  We got him a job interview at Northern Arizona University that he blew off.  A radio station in Aurora......blew it off.....It was going to be the Sox or nothing.

Sometimes REALITY never hits.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:46 pm

That's a sad story Bobby. So do you think Kark will ever get his shit together??
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

There are people who have fun with this fan stuff....make friends....have some pops and some laughs and enjoy ballgames and all the nonsense that comes along with it...like Hawkeroo...

Then there is the nut squad....People who make being a FANBOY some sort of career or MISSION IN LIFE!!!

Last time I was emotionally distraught after a Sox season was 1967.  8th Grade.  Lasted about a month.

Amazing how people try and imagine a personal connection to a billion dollar business where the employees are corporations and the Fanboys worry about meeting in places where they  don't have to part with more than $10.00.

I kinda thought WE were the nuts.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Has Bo Jackson ever left "the act"?

It seems that they roll him out every year to lead the cheers, pom-poms and all.

When a person is a young child without several years of experience in life, "the act" might seem new and exciting.  However, somewhere along the line as one progresses or regresses toward oldfarthood, one realizes that this is the same old crap reheated and served up again and again and again.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 am

Without goofy old men Fanboys, I would lose a source of material.

Yesterday on a message board, a totally over the top nut job claimed the Sox PLAYERS should have used the off season to pressure Ventura to resign.  Self important FAN imbeciles who should have known better and figured it out by now.

Hahn said Ventura is coming back in September, but some squirrelly FANBOY knows better.

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:53 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Jay, TFrank and I know somebody who makes the TV Scoreboard dork look well adjusted.  There is a guy who has never really held a real job in his life for more than 6 months.  His objective is to be the Sox Radio Announcer.  He is currently around 63 or 64 years old living in a Flophouse on Clark Street.  The politically correct term would be Single Room Occupancy.  He has his scorebook for every season, scoring every game and screaming how bad Farmer is on Facebook.  He is a sad case, but he sat with us in LF in the 70s and 80s.  We told him he had to start in the Minors.  We got him a job interview at Northern Arizona University that he blew off.  A radio station in Aurora......blew it off.....It was going to be the Sox or nothing.

Sometimes REALITY never hits.

THE KARK USED TO HANG OUT AT THE SAME BAR AS MIKE NORTH

B4 ANYBODY KNEW WHO MIKE NORTH WAS.

NORTH, WHO IS PERFECT FOR RADIO BECAUSE HE NEVER SHUTS UP, WOULD GO ON THE AIR FOR ANYBODY WHO WOULD LET HIM.  I BELIEVE HE EVEN PAID FOR AIRTIME A FEW TIMES.

POINT IS, MIKE NORTH KNEW HE COULD NOT JUST WALK INTO THE SCORE STUDIOS AND DEMAND HE BE PAIRED UP WITH THE LIKES OF A DAN JIGGETS.

TO NORTH's CREDIT, HE BUSTED HIS ASS AND KEPT ON BUSTING IT UNTIL HE GOT HIS CHANCE, THEN KEPT ON BUSTING IT BECAUSE HE WAS LIVING HIS DREAM.

TODAY, MIKE NORTH IS ONE OF THOSE MILLIONIARES THAT CREAM HATES AND SCHMUCKIE THINKS THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Without goofy old men Fanboys, I would lose a source of material.

Yesterday on a message board, a totally over the top nut job claimed the Sox PLAYERS should have used the off season to pressure Ventura to resign.  Self important FAN imbeciles who should have known better and figured it out by now.

Hahn said Ventura is coming back in September, but some squirrelly FANBOY knows better.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE WHITE SOX PLAYERS PRESSURE VENTURA TO QUIT?!?!?!?!?!

I WOULD THINK MOST OF THIS TEAM SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT KEEPING THEIR OWN JOB
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:13 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:Without goofy old men Fanboys, I would lose a source of material.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE WHITE SOX PLAYERS PRESSURE VENTURA TO QUIT?!?!?!?!?!

He lets them do whatever they want. There is no supervision, no accountability. Why is right!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Only in the mind of a simpleton could this idea hatch.  These players make a ton of money.  Why would they rock the boat like that?  Some sort of off season player revolt while they are out golfing, drinking and chasing women.

These dopey Fanboys act like these players are some sort of Little League team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:33 pm