Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

3 YEARS TOPS!!!!

3 YEARS TOPS!!!!

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:39 pm

RUMOR HAS IT THAT THE WHITE SOX ARE UNWILLING TO COMMIT TO ANYTING ABOVE 3 YEARS FOR ANY OF THE BIG HITTERS REMAINING IN THE FREE AGENT MARKET

LMAO!!!!!!

PENNY WISE AND POUND FOOLISH!!!!!!

REBUILDING ON THE CHEAP!!!!!!

RE-FOOL!!!!!!

THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!!  MASTERS OF THE HALFWAY REBUILD!!!!!  LET'S LOOK RESPECTFUL AND PRAY WE GET LUCKY!!!!!

RESPECT MY BLACK ASS.

THIS IS LIKE A GIRL SAYING THAT EVEN THOUGH SHE PUT OUT ON THE FIRST NIGHT, SHE AIN'T NO SLUT BECAUSE SHE MADE HIM WEAR A CONDOM

BELIEVE!!!!!

EVERYTIME I WANT TO BELIEVE THE WHITE SOX END UP SOUNDED LIKE HILLARY CLINTON

Re: 3 YEARS TOPS!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:08 pm

SUPPOSEDLY THE ROYALS ARE GIVING GORDON 4 YEARS!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

NOTHING LIKE BROADCASTING YOUR STRATEGY!!!!  PRAISE BUDDHAH REINSDORF AND THE CLOWN COLLEGE DON'T RUN THE US MILITARY!!!!!

ANOTHER BIG BAT

ANOTHER BIG ARM, PREFERABLY RIGHTHANDED

AN EXPERIENCE SHORTSTOP

MERCENARIES CARE ABOUT THEIR CONTRACTS!!!!!

PRETENDING TO CONTEND IS FUN!!!!!!

PRAYING FOR 500 IS A WASTE FO TIME
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

BELIEVE!!!

WIN NOW 2016!!!!

GET TO THAT FUCKING BALLPARK AND SHOWER CHAIRMAN REINSDORF WITH CASH!!!

Make the White Sox a LIFE PRIORITY!!!

What is wrong with you?

Don't you want to be 10 feet ahead of the garbage truck picking confetti off of the street after the World Series Parade!!

BELIEVE IN WIN NOW!!!  BELIEVE KENNY WILLIAMS IS JUST BRILLIANT!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:38 pm

The two big bats remaining as free agents among outfielders are Yoenis Cespedes and Justin Upton.  Of course, free agents only come free in some fantasy baseball formats.  I can understand why the Sox reportedly don't want to go long term on either one of these guys.  Each is a tremendous talent, but very risky. 

Cespedes seems to have worn out his welcome with four teams in the last two seasons.  As I mentioned elsewhere, the major knock on him is that he's uncoachable.

Upton doesn't seem like he puts out 100% all the time.  That's why I believe the Dbacks traded him.  He was considered a potential superstar, but is somewhat lackadaisical.  Upton could be KW's next Alex Rios.

If it were up to me, I'd probably pass on both and try to claim Lane Adams off waivers from KC; but then, I'm cheap always looking for those free breadsticks.

Perhaps speedy Denard Span could be signed at a reasonable price, which is probably wishful thinking since Scott Boras is his agent.  Span is also recovering from a torn muscle in his hip area, so he might not be all that fast.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:53 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:The two big bats remaining as free agents among outfielders are Yoenis Cespedes and Justin Upton.  Of course, free agents only come free in some fantasy baseball formats.  I can understand why the Sox reportedly don't want to go long term on either one of these guys.  Each is a tremendous talent, but very risky. 

I believe a lot of the risk is mitigated by the fact the game is played with monopoly money.  Plus baseball is not your typical business in other respects as well.  Your employees are also your product.  So you have risk in the opposite direction as well.  Unless they play in an ivy covered urinal, people don't usually pay a lot to see no talent losers

Cespedes seems to have worn out his welcome with four teams in the last two seasons.  As I mentioned elsewhere, the major knock on him is that he's uncoachable.

So was Dick Allen.  Hopefully Cespedes could be more than a one year wonder for the White Sox.

Upton doesn't seem like he puts out 100% all the time.  That's why I believe the Dbacks traded him.  He was considered a potential superstar, but is somewhat lackadaisical.  Upton could be KW's next Alex Rios.

Agreed, which is why I go balls out for Cespedes.  He is the biggest bat out there.  Plus he doesn't cost a draft pick.  White Sox need another big bat if they wish to contend.  Praying for Avisil Garcia to turn the corner is not the answer.

If it were up to me, I'd probably pass on both and try to claim Lane Adams off waivers from KC; but then, I'm cheap always looking for those free breadsticks.

That's right, All-Star talent are constantly sitting their for the taking on the waiver wire.  An a 26 year old that batted 226 in all of his 37 games in AAA just screams All Star talent.

Perhaps speedy Denard Span could be signed at a reasonable price, which is probably wishful thinking since Scott Boras is his agent.  Span is also recovering from a torn muscle in his hip area, so he might not be all that fast.

From the waiver wire to the disabled list.  Gotta love Mart's sources.  Now signing Span to be the 4th OF might makes senses.  But that implies that already have 3 that are better than Span which they don't.

Mart, enough of your defend the budget nonsense!!!

A loser built on the cheap is still a loser!!!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Ah, Kark, diss Lane Adams all you want, but he's probably better than newly acquired waiveree OF Daniel Fields. tongue

I agree that between Cespedes and Upton, Cespedes is definitely the one to go after.  As I mentioned in another thread, ignoring the Sox "braintrust" might well be a plus for a player.

I really don't care how Reinsdorf's pocketbook.  However if Reinsdorf shells out mega cash on a multi-year dud, we fans will be blessed with having to suffer thru watching that dud on a regular basis for years to come, ala Adam Dunn.  Unlike other teams which will chalk off their mistakes and move on, the Sox don't.  They just keep running their duds out there game after game after game, year after year after year. Sad
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 pm

the major knock on him is that he's uncoachable.

Since the White Sox don't have anybody who can coach, sounds like the perfect marriage to me. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Cream1953 wrote:the major knock on him is that he's uncoachable.

Since the White Sox don't have anybody who can coach, sounds like the perfect marriage to me. 

LOL...  Yeah, Cream, it would seem that way, except often the most stupid, incompetent bosses in the world love to bellow the Eric Cartman "you must submit to my authority" crap.  So with the Sox, there will likely be sparks flying between Cespedes and his bosses.  At least, it wouldn't be boring.  And where there are sparks, there may actually be a bit of life.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:37 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:

I really don't care how Reinsdorf's pocketbook. 
    I do.  All you cheap-ass Illinois residents (and I don't mean you, Mart, I know you're in AZ) gotta pay more state taxes so I can cheer on my beloved White Sox-----right here from my couch in Washington.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:04 pm

jaywit wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

I really don't care how Reinsdorf's pocketbook. 
    I do.  All you cheap-ass Illinois residents (and I don't mean you, Mart, I know you're in AZ) gotta pay more state taxes so I can cheer on my beloved White Sox-----right here from my couch in Washington.

The Illinois politicians should raise the taxes even more so the Sox can field a better team.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:Ah, Kark, diss Lane Adams all you want, but he's probably better than newly acquired waiveree OF Daniel Fields. tongue

That's like saying a turd smells better than a skunk

I agree that between Cespedes and Upton, Cespedes is definitely the one to go after.  As I mentioned in another thread, ignoring the Sox "braintrust" might well be a plus for a player.

I really don't care how Reinsdorf's pocketbook.  However if Reinsdorf shells out mega cash on a multi-year dud, we fans will be blessed with having to suffer thru watching that dud on a regular basis for years to come, ala Adam Dunn.  Unlike other teams which will chalk off their mistakes and move on, the Sox don't.  They just keep running their duds out there game after game after game, year after year after year. Sad

What's the difference between a cheap dud and an expensive dud?!?!?!?

Other than you expected more from the expensive dud

BTW, see the Giants signed Span

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:41 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:Ah, Kark, diss Lane Adams all you want, but he's probably better than newly acquired waiveree OF Daniel Fields. tongue

That's like saying a turd smells better than a skunk

What's the difference between a cheap dud and an expensive dud?!?!?!?

Other than you expected more from the expensive dud

BTW, see the Giants signed Span

Also, Justin Upton reportedly may be willing to take a one year contract.  Such a short term deal may propel him away from sitting on his ass.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:55 am

Geraldo Parra is a good journeyman outfielder who remains unsigned.  Unlike Upton, Parra always seemed to play above what was expected of him when with the Dbacks.

Parra reminds me of former Sox outfielder Dave Martinez.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

These assholes should pay Cespedes.

There is a huge image and credibility problem with the White Sox.

The Cubs are no longer owned by the bandit Tribune Company.

Ricketts plays for keeps.

Chairman has to either COMPETE or SELL.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:28 pm

The absolute dumbest thing I saw on the Internet during the Cespedes nonsense was that the agent for Cespedes, JAYZ or whatever the fuck his name is, was using THE WHITE SOX as leverage!!

The White Sox probably never made an OFFER.

I remember the first A-Rod go around with free agency.  The drillrod media said the Sox were a bidder.  FANBOYS led the cheers and the most gullible thought it was for real.

When he signed with Texas, Boras said the Sox NEVER MADE AN OFFER!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

WIN NOW 2016!!!!  Reinsdorf wants to win another World Series!!!!

I have a Chinese Buffet to sell, too!!!

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:25 am

Tell the whole truth Robert!!!!!!

They may have not made an official over to AROD, but they did have plans to kidnap him from his agent!!!

And let's not forget how the KARK called it

The a White Sox will sign aAROD unless some damn fool give him a 1/4 of a billion
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 am

Any damned fool can see the White Sox are basically the Brewers or the Padres.

This Fanboy cheerleading and worrying about Reinsdorf's business is just plain nuts.

We can go to a few FESTS,watch some games, and have some beers and laughs.

We can stir up shit on message boards, too!!!

Damn, before the Internet I was so smug in my belief that Sox Fans were so much smarter and had more savvy than Cub Fans.  Then I found out the World was not flat, too!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:Any damned fool can see the White Sox are basically the Brewers or the Padres.

This Fanboy cheerleading and worrying about Reinsdorf's business is just plain nuts.

Damn, before the Internet I was so smug in my belief that Sox Fans were so much smarter and had more savvy than Cub Fans.  Then I found out the World was not flat, too!!!

Well, the Sox said they didn't want to go more than three years for Cespedes, and Cespedes went for three years and it wasn't with the Sox.  So either (a) Reinsdorf offered him three years at less $$ than the Mets did or (b) Sox made a comparable offer and Cespedes preferred the Mets or (c) Sox didn't make him an offer at all.  
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:36 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Shooters Buffet wrote:Any damned fool can see the White Sox are basically the Brewers or the Padres.

Well, the Sox said they didn't want to go more than three years for Cespedes, and Cespedes went for three years and it wasn't with the Sox.  So either (a) Reinsdorf offered him three years at less $$ than the Mets did or (b) Sox made a comparable offer and Cespedes preferred the Mets or (c) Sox didn't make him an offer at all.  

I'm betting on (c).
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Doesn't Chairman Reinsdorf care about the WIN NOW FANBOYS????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 pm