Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Frazier acquired

Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Frazier acquired

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 am

We got Frazier.  Three team deal.  Haven't heard who we gave up.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Frazier acquired

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:45 am

Soxillinirob wrote:We got Frazier.  Three team deal.  Haven't heard who we gave up.

Chris Sale?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am

Soxillinirob wrote:We got Frazier.  Three team deal.  Haven't heard who we gave up.

Trayce Thompson and Micah Johnson go to the Dodgers.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:01 pm

alohafri wrote:

Actually Frankie Montas was the guy the Dodgers really wanted and got in that deal.  Sure they see Thompson as some sort of reserve OFer - late inning defensive replacement/pinch runner type.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:06 pm

alohafri wrote:

That's it?  LOL.  Hardly even a loss.  Of course, the Sox have to pay the guy whatever millions he has under contract so that's probably the real loss.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

That's it?  LOL.  Hardly even a loss.  Of course, the Sox have to pay the guy whatever millions he has under contract so that's probably the real loss.

The Trib is saying Montas as well. He wasn't mentioned on MLBtraderumors.com.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Micah Johnson is the next Jerry Owens....and he can't field.

Never heard anyone compare Trayce Thompson with Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle.

Sox franchise has been dead in the water for years!!!

THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.

Last in MLB in LOCAL TV Ratings in 2015.

SHOOTERS BUFFET CLOSED.

They have to create interest.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:12 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Actually Frankie Montas was the guy the Dodgers really wanted and got in that deal.  Sure they see Thompson as some sort of reserve OFer - late inning defensive replacement/pinch runner type.

LMAO...  Now as a Dodger, you see Trayce Thompson as having some value. 

Great trade for the Sox as they give up basically unproven Montas for Frazier.  The other two are stiffs.  Thankfully, the Sox aren't going to waste any more playing time on Thompson and Johnson.  It's a plus that they are gone.  BTW, besides his erratic defense, Micah Johnson is one of the dumbest players around, no "baseball sense" whatsoever.

Maybe the Dodgers can become for the White Sox what the KC Athletics were for the Yankees several decades ago, i.e., a place to dump "our" trash. Laughing
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 pm

LMAO...  Now as a Dodger, you see Trayce Thompson as having some value. 

Great trade for the Sox as they give up basically unproven Montas for Frazier.  The other two are stiffs.  Thankfully, the Sox aren't going to waste any more playing time on Thompson and Johnson.  It's a plus that they are gone.  BTW, besides his erratic defense, Micah Johnson is one of the dumbest players around, no "baseball sense" whatsoever.Maybe the Dodgers can become for the White Sox what the KC Athletics were for the Yankees several decades ago, i.e., a place to dump "our" trash.                                       
    I guess "pinch runner/late inning defensive replacement" is more than zero value but it's about as close to zero value as one can get.  .  Not real happy about this deal from the Dodgers' perspective.  Montas is a decent prospect but all he could end up being is a reliever.   Since everything Cincy is getting is coming from the Dodgers (Peraza plus) wondering why the Dodgers just didn't get Frazier for themselves.  Thompson and Johnson were virtually useless throw-ins as Dodgers will soon see that neither can be trusted for any meaningful job in the majors.   
    From the Sox's standpoint this could be a pretty decent deal.  It now means Lawrie moves to 2b bumping Sanchez out of that job and gives the Sox a solid bat at 3b.  As noted, Montas isn't a huge give-up.  Another benefit is that it removes Thompson from Ventura's clutches.  Robin was making noises about switching Eaton to another OF spot and trying Thompson in CF during Spring Training.  Sox are now spared from that dumb idea.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:01 pm

rmapasad wrote:LMAO...  Now as a Dodger, you see Trayce Thompson as having some value. 

Great trade for the Sox as they give up basically unproven Montas for Frazier.  The other two are stiffs.  Thankfully, the Sox aren't going to waste any more playing time on Thompson and Johnson.  It's a plus that they are gone.  BTW, besides his erratic defense, Micah Johnson is one of the dumbest players around, no "baseball sense" whatsoever.Maybe the Dodgers can become for the White Sox what the KC Athletics were for the Yankees several decades ago, i.e., a place to dump "our" trash.                                       
    I guess "pinch runner/late inning defensive replacement" is more than zero value but it's about as close to zero value as one can get.  .  Not real happy about this deal from the Dodgers' perspective.  Montas is a decent prospect but all he could end up being is a reliever.   Since everything Cincy is getting is coming from the Dodgers (Peraza plus) wondering why the Dodgers just didn't get Frazier for themselves.  Thompson and Johnson were virtually useless throw-ins as Dodgers will soon see that neither can be trusted for any meaningful job in the majors.   
    From the Sox's standpoint this could be a pretty decent deal.  It now means Lawrie moves to 2b bumping Sanchez out of that job and gives the Sox a solid bat at 3b.  As noted, Montas isn't a huge give-up.  Another benefit is that it removes Thompson from Ventura's clutches.  Robin was making noises about switching Eaton to another OF spot and trying Thompson in CF during Spring Training.  Sox are now spared from that dumb idea.

Although I still like the idea of moving Eaton to a corner OF spot.  If only they'd find a quality CF.  Eaton was a mess out there last season.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

Although I still like the idea of moving Eaton to a corner OF spot.  If only they'd find a quality CF.  Eaton was a mess out there last season.

Eaton's defense took a tumble from 2014.  While his still has the speed for CF, he took some bad routes this year and his arm isn't that great.  Which presents a question as to what corner OF spot he could move to.  LF is the most logical but Melky (who is no defensive wizard) is under contract for next two years and there's no place else to stick Melky except DH.  Maybe that's the plan for 2017 .. RF apparently was where Ventura was going to put Eaton if the Thompson experiment took hold (whew ! that it didn't) but RF isn't where Eaton belongs.  Sox got to work with him to get better in CF is about the only answer for right now.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:19 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Eaton's defense took a tumble from 2014.  While his still has the speed for CF, he took some bad routes this year and his arm isn't that great.  Which presents a question as to what corner OF spot he could move to.  LF is the most logical but Melky (who is no defensive wizard) is under contract for next two years and there's no place else to stick Melky except DH.  Maybe that's the plan for 2017 .. RF apparently was where Ventura was going to put Eaton if the Thompson experiment took hold (whew ! that it didn't) but RF isn't where Eaton belongs.  Sox got to work with him to get better in CF is about the only answer for right now.
    Always thought Eaton had a very good arm.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Trayce Thompson was no minor league phenom.

Fanboys fell in love with him because he was not the walking dead like Dunn, Beckham, DeAza, Flowers the Framer and LaRoche!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Trayce Thompson was no minor league phenom.

Fanboys fell in love with him because he was not the walking dead like Dunn, Beckham, DeAza, Flowers the Framer and LaRoche!!!

He wasn't there long enough for the fanboys to grow tired.  A year from now we'll all be scratching our heads trying to remember who he was.  He'll be back to AAA and we won't hear about him again
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:26 am

When I first saw this, I thought the Sox signed Joe.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:46 am

alohafri wrote:When I first saw this, I thought the Sox signed Joe.

I miss Joe's harebrained declarations.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 am

Since I hardly ever watch National League games I don't know enough about this guy to have an opinion on him one way or another. All I know is that he is now a member of the White Sox which usually means there's a decent probabilty that whatever skills he has will start regressing to the point where we label him a stiff come July. There will be some ridiculous bullshit excuse made for him like he is having problems adjusting to American League pitching or the grass is cut too tall at the Cell or how the wind currents off the lake are fucking with his timing at the plate.

I'll reserve an opinion on how he's working out until I see how he does over the long term. With how things have worked out the past few years with several other White Sox acquisitions, it's literally impossible for me to get excited about anything when it comes to this team.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:52 am

Cream1953 wrote:Since I hardly ever watch National League games I don't know enough about this guy to have an opinion on him one way or another. All I know is that he is now a member of the White Sox which usually means there's a decent probabilty that whatever skills he has will start regressing to the point where we label him a stiff come July. There will be some ridiculous bullshit excuse made for him like he is having problems adjusting to American League pitching or the grass is cut too tall at the Cell or how the wind currents off the lake are fucking with his timing at the plate.

I'll reserve an opinion on how he's working out until I see how he does over the long term. With how things have worked out the past few years with several other White Sox acquisitions, it's literally impossible for me to get excited about anything when it comes to this team.

Both Frazier and Lawrie have the potential to become stiffs.  
    A Christmas gift to the fanboys! santa
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:44 am

On this board, I know it's not cool to even remotely imply that Sox admin did something smart but I have to say, I think the Sox picked someone's pocket on this one.  We'll never hear of Thompson or Johnson again and the only reason we'll remember who they are is because we'll ask ourselves in the future, who did the Sox give up to get Frazier?  Someone bought into Thompson's hot streak.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 pm

jaywit wrote:On this board, I know it's not cool to even remotely imply that Sox admin did something smart but I have to say, I think the Sox picked someone's pocket on this one.  We'll never hear of Thompson or Johnson again and the only reason we'll remember who they are is because we'll ask ourselves in the future, who did the Sox give up to get Frazier?  Someone bought into Thompson's hot streak.

I wouldn't mind if the Sox extended Fraizer a couple of years. Unlike Teahen, he has a fairly quality body of work to go by. Teahen only played well against the Sox. Based on that, I should be getting a contract extension.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:12 pm

EXTENSION....WITHOUT SWINGING THE BAT!!!

Anybody ever figure out why this team SUCKS.....CONSTANTLY???
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Is the Sanchez Era already over????

OH NO!!!

They gave Goofy Gordon SIX DAMNED SEASONS to prove beyond any doubt he SUCKED!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:EXTENSION....WITHOUT SWINGING THE BAT!!!

Anybody ever figure out why this team SUCKS.....CONSTANTLY???

It wouldn't be the first time they did it. I'm surprised they haven't extended Robin yet. He's been so successful.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Is the Sanchez Era already over????

OH NO!!!

They gave Goofy Gordon SIX DAMNED SEASONS to prove beyond any doubt he SUCKED!!!!

Gordon is going to turn the corner this year.
    s0ch0a
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by s0ch0a on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:32 am

I like the deal. It made the Sox better at both third and second.

When last season ended, I was hoping the Sox would get a major-league catcher and improvements at third, second and DH. Three out of four ain't bad.

I have a friend who insists that the Sox will pick up J. Upton AND Cespedes.

That would also be nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:24 pm