Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Nomadsfest 2016

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Nomadsfest 2016

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:55 am

There are no times yet listed for games next year, but here are some dates to kick around. If we decide early enough, maybe our friend Bleacher Bum can do his magic and get Chuck's Southern Comfort Food to cater (as he has threatened in the past).

Saturday, June 11 (Kansas City)
    Saturday, June 25 (Toronto) I'm out of town for this one
    Saturday, July 9 (White Sox South, er, Atlanta)
    Saturday, July 23 (Deeeeetroit)
    Saturday, August 6 (Baltimore)

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: Nomadsfest 2016

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 pm

alohafri wrote:There are no times yet listed for games next year, but here are some dates to kick around. If we decide early enough, maybe our friend Bleacher Bum can do his magic and get Chuck's Southern Comfort Food to cater (as he has threatened in the past).

All in favor of June 25, raise your hand
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:52 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    alohafri wrote:There are no times yet listed for games next year, but here are some dates to kick around. If we decide early enough, maybe our friend Bleacher Bum can do his magic and get Chuck's Southern Comfort Food to cater (as he has threatened in the past).

All in favor of June 25, raise your hand

You suck! But I'll be in Denver, so I get the last laugh.  lol!
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 pm

July 9th.  Maybe #1 pick in the country Dansby Swanson will already be up.

Braves got Swanson plus a couple more for Shelby Miller.  Sale should bring a king's ransom by comparison.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:12 am

HOW IN THE HELL CAN IT NOT BE FOR THE RETURN OF GORDON BECKHAM????

GET SERIOUS!!!!
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:20 pm

Bob, have you crack double figures with screen names yet? Has it occurred to you that you and I are the only ones on the board who get this Shooters shit?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:59 am

I am just happy to give you a purpose.  Follow me around and worry about my screen names and the nonsense I post.
    THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!!!

People that reside here know all about Shooters Buffet and those wonderful White Sox get togethers that took place there.

At the end of the day, all of this nonsense is about having some LAUGHS.

FUN. 
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Shooters Buffet wrote:
    THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!!!

People that reside here know all about Shooters Buffet and those wonderful White Sox get togethers that took place there.

At the end of the day, all of this nonsense is about having some LAUGHS.

FUN. 
    Well it always makes me happy to see you know you're full of shit! I worry about you sometimes. Us city boys gotta stick together ! 
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:46 pm

You can get to a FANBOY MEETING and pick and choose whom to worry about!!!

A regular BUFFET of worry!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:01 pm

TeleFrank wrote:Bob, have you crack double figures with screen names yet? Has it occurred to you that you and I are the only ones on the board who get this Shooters shit?

Frank, with Bobby's repeated and voluminous mention of Shooters and the people there, I now know as much about it as I do WW II.  Haven't been to either so no first hand experience but I've read about the same on both.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:02 pm

jaywit wrote:
    TeleFrank wrote:Bob, have you crack double figures with screen names yet? Has it occurred to you that you and I are the only ones on the board who get this Shooters shit?

Frank, with Bobby's repeated and voluminous mention of Shooters and the people there, I now know as much about it as I do WW II.  Haven't been to either so no first hand experience but I've read about the same on both.

I thought that Shooters Buffet had closed down per reports from "Chairman Reinsdorf" or "Gordon Beckham", etc, etc.  Has it now re-opened and ready for more Sox Fan meetings ?
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

rmapasad wrote:I thought that Shooters Buffet had closed down per reports from "Chairman Reinsdorf" or "Gordon Beckham", etc, etc.  Has it now re-opened and ready for more Sox Fan meetings ?
    Shooters was closed down and sold. It got remodeled and is now called Texas Coral. I believe this might be a chain restaurant. I've been in there and it's pretty nice. Decent food with big helpings and very friendly staff. A full serve bar.

SFOD will not go there because they don't have a private room or area for them. Plus the cheapskates in the group will find the prices to high. Oh, and the country music might drown out the knucklehead who blames all that is wrong in the world on the Cubs from inserting himself into other peoples conversations. And while the Sox do dominate the conversation there are some who can talk on other subjects. Why I've had travel conversations, heard about one guys remodeling problems and informed the guys that while I do work in TV I don't work in the studio with the on air talent so I can't tell them what they are really like of if the ladies have augmented their figures.

I consider myself a member of SFOD and have eaten with them and attended a few games with them. They are long time Sox fans who met back when the Sox were leveraging the state to build them new Comiskey. They are old friends united by the Sox. Yeah a few of them are a little too fanboy for my taste but I've never had a bad time with them. There is at least two that I would be happy to never see again. They drive me crazy for different reasons but I try to avoid them when I do go to a meeting. 

So, I'm done defending them. Carry on Bob.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:09 pm

TeleFrank wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:I thought that Shooters Buffet had closed down per reports from "Chairman Reinsdorf" or "Gordon Beckham", etc, etc.  Has it now re-opened and ready for more Sox Fan meetings ?
    Shooters was closed down and sold. It got remodeled and is now called Texas Coral. I believe this might be a chain restaurant. 

It is. There is a Texas Corral in Oak Lawn.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 pm

TeleFrank wrote:
    Shooters was closed down and sold. It got remodeled and is now called Texas Coral. I believe this might be a chain restaurant. I've been in there and it's pretty nice. Decent food with big helpings and very friendly staff. A full serve bar.

SFOD will not go there because they don't have a private room or area for them. Plus the cheapskates in the group will find the prices to high. Oh, and the country music might drown out the knucklehead who blames all that is wrong in the world on the Cubs from inserting himself into other peoples conversations. And while the Sox do dominate the conversation there are some who can talk on other subjects. Why I've had travel conversations, heard about one guys remodeling problems and informed the guys that while I do work in TV I don't work in the studio with the on air talent so I can't tell them what they are really like of if the ladies have augmented their figures.

I consider myself a member of SFOD and have eaten with them and attended a few games with them. They are long time Sox fans who met back when the Sox were leveraging the state to build them new Comiskey. They are old friends united by the Sox. Yeah a few of them are a little too fanboy for my taste but I've never had a bad time with them. There is at least two that I would be happy to never see again. They drive me crazy for different reasons but I try to avoid them when I do go to a meeting. 

So, I'm done defending them. Carry on Bob.
    I read Lindberg's Book.  SFOD was a creation of John and a few friends to try and push the Stadium deal through.  John will tell you that other than Dino and Murphy, NONE of the current bunch has any connection to the MIDDLE 80s.

I do not consider myself at my age to be any kind of member of any ORGANIZED FAN CLUB.  I mean REAL LIFE INTERCEDED.  Nobody going to those meetings is under 50 years old.  Maybe nobody under 60.

Frank, you said a few years ago that it is a reason to get out of the house.  I agree with that.

NOBODY there drives me crazy.  Not even close.  How can it?  This is all BULLSHIT about the White Sox.  Sometimes other topics are brought up at the end of the table WE frequent when we go.  It sure is NOT once per month attendance, like the regulars.

After reading Lindberg's book, I have a new understanding.  There is no logical reason for over the top FANBOYISM for anybody usually over the age of 25.

A big part of the reason for the CONTINUED EXISTENCE of SFOD 30 years after their real mission was accomplished can be summed up by Springsteen......."GLORY DAYS"!!!

In the 30 years since we have all had the FINANCES of BASEBALL rammed down our throats.  The off season is MONEY SEASON.  The entire landscape of professional sports, college sports and the entire damned WORLD has changed.

GLORY DAYS...like when the World Series was played during the day and the Chicago papers sent WRITERS wherever it was played.

GLORY DAYS.....like when SFOD collected signatures on petitions to send to the Legislature.

GLORY DAYS.....before players were CORPORATIONS and actually rode trains and HATED the opposition.

Some want to IMAGINE some PERSONAL connection to the Sox.
    MORE GLORY DAYS.....usually over by age 25.

I enjoy the banter.  It sure is not life and death.

By the way, I sat near Norm at a game this SEPTEMBER.  The guy KNOWS THE GAME ON THE FIELD.  I never would have guessed.  HE KNOWS THE GAME.

IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Going to dumps is NOT because of some huge crowd.  Going to dumps like SHOOTERS was requested by some of these people.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF GOING TO A DUMP TO DISCUSS THE AWFUL WHITE SOX???  Is ORIGINAL SIN to blame?

Adam and Eve???

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:12 am

FORGETTING SOMEBODY FRANK!?!?!??!?!?!?!  YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO HURT A GUY

BTW, HOPE MY DOLLAR MAKES IT TO YOUR HOUSE B4 XMAS.  THE CARD IS IN THE MAIL

BTW, SHAME THE SFOD NEVER TOOK THE S OFF SHOOTERS AND TRAVELED NORTH TO CUMBERLAND AND HIGGINS

BUT THEN, THAT WOULD COST MORE THAN $4.99
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:28 am

A Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters is too upscale.

Need the Homeless rummaging through the trash!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:20 am

Shooters Buffet wrote:A Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters is too upscale.

Too many distractions at Hooters.  It's impossible to keep the conversation centered on "our" White Sox.

All eyes should be focused on Opening Day, not wandering elsewhere.

This is IMPORTANT STUFF !!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:

Too many distractions at Hooters.  It's impossible to keep the conversation centered on "our" White Sox.

While at Hooter's, any conversation that doesn't start with the first three words "Look at the..." is a distraction to man's main purpose.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:09 pm

There has to be SERIOUS FANBOY DISCUSSION of the battling White Sox.

The revered leader of the group tries to convince the FANBOYS that things aren't that bad.  The hopeless Sox are going to TURN IT AROUND.  Big Second half coming!!  Gordon Beckham to win MVP!!

The leader gets irritated when the Fanboys see through his cheerleading idiocy and he calls the wonderful meeting a BITCHFEST!!

RAH RAH RAH....this PROFESSIONAL FAN AND CHEERLEADER nonsense is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:08 am

jaywit wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

While at Hooter's, any conversation that doesn't start with the first three words "Look at the..." is a distraction to man's main purpose.

I always thought the place was misnamed. It should be called "Cheeks" as the cheeks are must nicer to look at there than the hooters.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:46 pm

alohafri wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

I always thought the place was misnamed. It should be called "Cheeks" as the cheeks are must nicer to look at there than the hooters.

I think you may be onto something.  Nice name for a competitor to Hooters.  I'd definitely attend the restaurant that would showcase the cheeks more than the hooters.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:50 pm

THE SPECIALTY CAN BE SMOKED BUTT!!!!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:38 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:THE SPECIALTY CAN BE SMOKED BUTT!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers
    joepoe
    Joe Borchard's Teammate

Post by joepoe on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Just let me know what the final decision is. I don't know my schedule that far in advance.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:44 pm

I'm calling it. Saturday, July 9th. 1:10 start against the Atlanta Braves. Who is in? I'll order tickets before I go on my road trip at the end of the month.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 am