Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Flowers NON-TENDERED!!! Where is Marty???

Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Flowers NON-TENDERED!!! Where is Marty???

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Just wait....the Sox will try and bring Ramirez and Flowers back on the cheap to WIN NOW!!!!

Isn't Flowers the greatest framer of pitches that ever caught???
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Flowers NON-TENDERED!!! Where is Marty???

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Just wait....the Sox will try and bring Ramirez and Flowers back on the cheap to WIN NOW!!!!

Not only that, but that yellow fingernail polish is sexy.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Well, I told you so... Razz

You might be right though, Bobby, it wouldn't be surprising to see both Flowers and Ramirez back with the Sox next season.  After all, they are "family" - no matter how disfunctional. Sad
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:15 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Hawk Harrelson wrote:Just wait....the Sox will try and bring Ramirez and Flowers back on the cheap to WIN NOW!!!!

Not only that, but that yellow fingernail polish is sexy.

Not a defender of Flowers but is there anyone out there that will improve this position?  Won't be long before Avila gets on the ragging list.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Not a defender of Flowers but is there anyone out there that will improve this position?  Won't be long before Avila gets on the ragging list.

Considering Flowers was due to make $ 3.5 - 4 mil in arb the Sox probably figured they could nab some RHed hitting free agent Catcher for $ 1.5 - $ 2 mil or even bring Flowers back for that price. As to whether that strategy will work question is:  how many White Sox strategies actually work ?
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 pm

WIN NOW-RELOAD has been a disaster for years!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Since I'm on a roll, I'll make another prediction.  The Sox will nab a catcher in the Rule 5 draft.

(It's not like they're replacing Johnny Bench.)
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:47 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:Since I'm on a roll, I'll make another prediction.  The Sox will nab a catcher in the Rule 5 draft.

Very reasonable prediction.  But some of the cheap FA still available are John Jaso, Jeff Mathis, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, along with probably older guys Wilin Rosario, Dioner Navarro, Mike Napoli.

A favorite of mine might be Cody Stanley.  I watched him a few times with the Cardinals.  Got a couple big hits to opposite field if I remember correctly.  However, he also got hit with a 50-game suspension going into 2016.  Not sure the ages of any of these or even if they have any interest in any of them, but are any an improvement over Flowers?

Mart, do you know where to find a Rule V eligible catchers list?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:53 pm

I was just wondering about that myself.  Try this webpage, Jim:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2015-rule-5-draft-preview-names-remember/
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:I was just wondering about that myself.  Try this webpage, Jim:

Thanks, I was not familiar with any of the five listed that I can remember.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:I was just wondering about that myself.  Try this webpage, Jim:

Thanks, I was not familiar with any of the five listed that I can remember.

The Rule 5 draft is Dec. 10th, a week from tomorrow.  Ah, the excitement peaks this time of year.  The Sox are the most entertaining when they're not playing!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:59 am

Nomads44 wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:Since I'm on a roll, I'll make another prediction.  The Sox will nab a catcher in the Rule 5 draft.

Very reasonable prediction.  But some of the cheap FA still available are John Jaso, Jeff Mathis, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, along with probably older guys Wilin Rosario, Dioner Navarro, Mike Napoli.

A favorite of mine might be Cody Stanley.  I watched him a few times with the Cardinals.  Got a couple big hits to opposite field if I remember correctly.  However, he also got hit with a 50-game suspension going into 2016.  Not sure the ages of any of these or even if they have any interest in any of them, but are any an improvement over Flowers?

Looks like the Sox are going for a free agent in Navarro.    Makes some sense as he's a switch hitter and hits LHers pretty well.    He made $ 5 mil last year with Toronto, so it's pretty doubtful the Sox will be saving anything v. sticking with Flowers.   Navarro will be 32 so this move has the look of "win-now".
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Looks like the Sox are going for a free agent in Navarro.    Makes some sense as he's a switch hitter and hits LHers pretty well.    He made $ 5 mil last year with Toronto, so it's pretty doubtful the Sox will be saving anything v. sticking with Flowers.   Navarro will be 32 so this move has the look of "win-now".

Because the last former Cub named Navarro that the Sox picked up worked out so well.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 pm

WIN NOW-RELOAD!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:01 pm

alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Because the last former Cub named Navarro that the Sox picked up worked out so well.

With all the bashing you do of this guy, if he ever dies a mysterious death, I'm going to have to report you to the authorities. Suspect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 am