Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

1st Fatality of Cubtober

Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

1st Fatality of Cubtober

Post by Harry Caray on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 am

Yesterday morning I go out to get the newspaper.  Cup of coffee in hand.  Sit in chair on my front porch.  I see a Copper get out of his car and walk around the yard next door.  Hear the siren.  Fire truck comes followed by ambulance.

They bring a neighbor woman out from between the building next to mine and the one further south.  The GANGWAY in Chicagoese.

I see them put her in the ambulance.  She is white as a ghost and her head just flops.  OUT COLD.

My guess is she was hammered.

She was.  

However, she lives on the top floor of a 4 unit condo.  Her condo has the rooftop deck.

Friends of hers came by at 1:00 pm.  I noticed the hospital visitor sticker on one.  They told me she died.

Talked to a few neighbors from the building south.  The friends told me the Cops determined she used her credit card for a cab at 1:00 am from Wrigleyville.

A woman in the building next to hers told me at 2:00 am she heard a loud thud....she thought a fan fell off a ceiling in a unit below hers at the time.

We pieced this together before the Detectives arrived.

Broken pelvis.  Internal bleeding.  Was between buildings for 3 hours.

She lived in the top floor unit with rooftop deck.

The walls have to be to code.  They are at least 4 feet up there.

In her 30s.

Later last night I asked younger neighbors what kind of drugs are popular in bars lately.

Her boyfriend had left the bars and was asleep when this happened.

I highly doubt she was pushed.  You have to make a real effort to get over the walls.  No signs of a struggle on her body.

She was in her 30s.

God rest her soul.

Re: 1st Fatality of Cubtober

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 am

ONE DOWN, SEVERAL MILLION LEFT TO GO
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Such a damn shame. Her whole life in front of her. Sounds like alcohol and or drugs takes down another. So many that I've known over the years gone as a result of various abuses. Some people have never figured out that you can have a good time without getting totally blotto. Probably never will. Took me years to learn that very lesson.

And in her case over what? A fucking sports team? So sad.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Such a damn shame. Her whole life in front of her. Sounds like alcohol and or drugs takes down another. So many that I've known over the years gone as a result of various abuses. Some people have never figured out that you can have a good time without getting totally blotto. Probably never will. Took me years to learn that very lesson.

Absolutely.  Sad story.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm

IN HER 30'S.  I ASSUME LIVING IN SIN SINCE THE STORY MENTIONS A SOUND ASLEEP BOYFRIEND.  I ALSO ASSUME SHE WAS CHILDLESS

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

I WONDER IF IT OCCURRED TO ANY OF THE BOARD GENIUSES THAT THE ONLY BOTTLE THIS CHICK SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT AT 2AM IS A BABY BOTTLE.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I WONDER IF IT OCCURRED TO ANY OF THE BOARD GENIUSES THAT THE ONLY BOTTLE THIS CHICK SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT AT 2AM IS A BABY BOTTLE.

In the Czech Republic the government has your concerns and encourages couples to have more than the normal 1child. So that after birth, the mom can take a year off at 70% of her salary, 2yrs off at 60% and have her job guaranteed , or 4 yrs off without a guaranteed job but at 50 and 40% of her salary. You willing to put your tax money where your mouth is? 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I WONDER IF IT OCCURRED TO ANY OF THE BOARD GENIUSES THAT THE ONLY BOTTLE THIS CHICK SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT AT 2AM IS A BABY BOTTLE.

In the Czech Republic the government has your concerns and encourages couples to have more than the normal 1child. So that after birth, the mom can take a year off at 70% of her salary, 2yrs off at 60% and have her job guaranteed , or 4 yrs off without a guaranteed job but at 50 and 40% of her salary. You willing to put your tax money where your mouth is? 

It sounds like a place where employers won't hire too many childbearing age women. scratch

On the other hand, if all these benefits are paid thru increased taxation, it sounds like a place where anyone not currently having children may want to consider leaving...

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I WONDER IF IT OCCURRED TO ANY OF THE BOARD GENIUSES THAT THE ONLY BOTTLE THIS CHICK SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT AT 2AM IS A BABY BOTTLE.

ALWAYS A BIG GOV SOLUTION FOR LITTLE TIMMY.

SOME OF US CONSIDER CHILDREN A BLESSING.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:42 pm

HEY, MAYBE THE BITCH DID A PRE EMPTIVE SUICIDE

SHE FELL JUST LIKE THE CUBS DID 2NITE

LMAO!!!!!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 pm

**************************************************************************************

I doubt this applied to your mother. 

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:43 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    In the Czech Republic the government has your concerns and encourages couples to have more than the normal 1child. So that after birth, the mom can take a year off at 70% of her salary, 2yrs off at 60% and have her job g
    uaranteed , or 4 yrs off without a guaranteed job but at 50 and 40% of her salary. You willing to put your tax money where your mouth is? 

So in other words, no you wouldn't, and since you had no intelligent or civil comeback, the insults spewed forth. Gotcha 
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:22 am

Cream1953 wrote:Such a damn shame. Her whole life in front of her. Sounds like alcohol and or drugs takes down another. So many that I've known over the years gone as a result of various abuses. Some people have never figured out that you can have a good time without getting totally blotto. Probably never will. Took me years to learn that very lesson.

The sports team is just the excuse for BLOTTO.  This will be a repeat of the St. Patrick's Day LUNACY.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:12 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:

The sports team is just the excuse for BLOTTO.  This will be a repeat of the St. Patrick's Day LUNACY.

And Cinco de Mayo, and the night before Thanksgiving...any excuse to get so shitfaced that you can't see.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:34 am

alohafri wrote:
    Hawk Harrelson wrote:

And Cinco de Mayo, and the night before Thanksgiving...any excuse to get so shitfaced that you can't see.

That was every Friday or Saturday night in college.  Still doing that in your 30s is a problem.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:53 pm

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Hawk Harrelson wrote:

That was every Friday or Saturday night in college.  Still doing that in your 30s is a problem.
    Really don't get this. Had more than my share of nights where got drunk.
    BUT, never went out TO get drunk. Knew there was to be a lot of drinking and had all nighters (driving to Cicero at 4 a.m. because they still had bars open).
    Just never said to myself or buddies let's go get drunk.
    The drug era was just after me- marijuana in high school but not very prevalent-it was for musicians.
    When I tried it, really didn't do anything for me so don't know if I ever did it more than once twce after that.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:58 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Hawk Harrelson wrote:

BUT, never went out TO get drunk. Knew there was to be a lot of drinking and had all nighters (driving to Cicero at 4 a.m. because they still had bars open).
    The drug era was just after me- marijuana in high school but not very prevalent-it was for musicians.
    When I tried it, really didn't do anything for me so don't know if I ever did it more than once twce after that.

There have been times where I have stayed home and said, "I'm going to get drunk tonight." I usually stopped after two drinks when boredom set in.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:00 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Hawk Harrelson wrote:

When I talk about drug era after me, referring to college. LSD was after college-law school etc-and not too many in law school were into LSD.
    Some of the heavier stuff out after law school-cocaine and heroin, but never had the desire to try that. Knew about some big firm parties where cocaine out on table. Know some people who said they used heroin "recreationally-just like marijuana" not regularly and not addicted!!
    Wasn't the least bit interested in that

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:44 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    In the Czech Republic the government has your concerns and encourages couples to have more than the normal 1child. So that after birth, the mom can take a year off at 70% of her salary, 2yrs off at 60% and have her job g
    uaranteed , or 4 yrs off without a guaranteed job but at 50 and 40% of her salary. You willing to put your tax money where your mouth is? 

So in other words, no you wouldn't, and since you had no intelligent or civil comeback, the insults spewed forth. Gotcha 
    In other words, the premis of yor ridiculous argument is so retarded I was able to dismiss it with a single sarcastic statement
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 am

premis of yor ridiculous argument is so retarded I was able to dismiss it with a single sarcastic statement

**************************************************************************************************

Yeah, you're one tough cookie. Nobody on this board flexes their internet muscles more than you. Also, you have a lot of business calling someone retarded when your spelling is time and again roughly on the level of a 4th grader.   

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:40 am

So in other words, no you wouldn't, and since you had no intelligent or civil comeback, the insults spewed forth. Gotcha Creampuff
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:55 pm

If you were funny or original that might have been worth a laugh. Since you're niether....Rolling Eyes
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Let's start worrying about THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX around here.

If you bastards made the Sox a LIFESTYLE choice, we would not have this bickering!!

Will Gordon be moved to LF next Spring so he can concentrate on POWER???

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:14 pm

If Beckham is still available in late February, he might be worth a minor league contract.

The city of Charlotte needs a husband young man with great hair to replace the near death Ric Flair.

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Cream1953 wrote:If you were funny or original that might have been worth a laugh. Since you're niether....Rolling Eyes

So in other words, no you wouldn't, and since you had no intelligent or civil comeback, the insults spewed forth. Gotcha AGAIN Creampuff
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:39 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:If Beckham is still available in late February, he might be worth a minor league contract.

Oh, he'll be available unless he's already committed to the Yokahama Swallows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:37 pm