Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by Harry Caray on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 am

    THREE!!


    PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS!!!


    Stadium Authority foots the bill!!


    CHAIRMAN REINSDORF IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON TAKING!!!
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7497
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:44 am

    Meanwhile, my son's field trip to Springfield to visit several gov't sites and points of interest is canceled because of budgetary problems in the state that have several of the sites closed due to no funding.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7238
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by alohafri on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 am

    Harry Caray wrote:THREE!!


    PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS!!!


    Stadium Authority foots the bill!!


    CHAIRMAN REINSDORF IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON TAKING!!!

    Since when?
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by jaywit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:13 pm

    Harry Caray wrote:THREE!!


    PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS!!!


    Stadium Authority foots the bill!!


    CHAIRMAN REINSDORF IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON TAKING!!!

    Wow, great!  One for every fan that shows up in September.  Can you play Madden Football on them?
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by jaywit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:34 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Meanwhile, my son's field trip to Springfield to visit several gov't sites and points of interest is canceled because of budgetary problems in the state that have several of the sites closed due to no funding.

    Reminds me of a topic I considered posting in miscellaneous rants.  I heard from the school nurse of the local grade and middle school district that this year's "field trip" was to a place called Silverwood which is the local amusement park in this region.  Last year's "field trip" was to a roller rink.  Does anyone in Chicagoland have these kinds of field trips?  Has all America dumbed down this much?  I remember going to Lincoln Park Zoo or Brookfield Zoo or one of the many museums/planetariums etc.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7238
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by alohafri on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:17 pm

    jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Meanwhile, my son's field trip to Springfield to visit several gov't sites and points of interest is canceled because of budgetary problems in the state that have several of the sites closed due to no funding.

    Reminds me of a topic I considered posting in miscellaneous rants.  I heard from the school nurse of the local grade and middle school district that this year's "field trip" was to a place called Silverwood which is the local amusement park in this region.  Last year's "field trip" was to a roller rink.  Does anyone in Chicagoland have these kinds of field trips?  Has all America dumbed down this much?  I remember going to Lincoln Park Zoo or Brookfield Zoo or one of the many museums/planetariums etc.

    I don't like field trips. I find them a headache. But when I take them, they are curricular or community service. My eighth grade team takes a field trip to Naper Settlement, to see the areas role in the Underground Railroad; and to the Naperville VFW to have lunch with veterans and lay a wreath at the veterans memorial around Veterans Day.

    Unfortunately, not all field trips are curricular. I do understand the end of the year celebration trips (my school takes the eighth graders to Chicago on a boat trip on Lake Michigan as their end of the year celebration). But some that I have seen other grades take in my building include bowling and shit like that. Those trips I don't understand and have a hard time supporting.

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 pm

    Kids with bad grades should be sent to a White Sox game as punishment.

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:43 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Meanwhile, my son's field trip to Springfield to visit several gov't sites and points of interest is canceled because of budgetary problems in the state that have several of the sites closed due to no funding.

    The school should take the kids on a drive by of the local abortion clinic and tell them that is where the tax money went that was going to fund the field trip to Springfield. Sad
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by Harry Caray on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:49 pm

    MGJOHNSON wrote:Kids with bad grades should be sent to a White Sox game as punishment.
    Kids with bad grades should have been taken on a field trip to SHOOTERS BUFFET where they would be forced to eat that garbage, and then listen to a lecture on White Sox history from Rich Lindberg.  Next thing you know, they would be accepted to Ivy League schools after a punishment and rude awakening like that.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by Guest on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:56 pm

    Soxillinirob wrote:Meanwhile, my son's field trip to Springfield to visit several gov't sites and points of interest is canceled because of budgetary problems in the state that have several of the sites closed due to no funding.

    Be grateful he won't be anywhere near a politician. He might become infected. 

    Sponsored content

    Re: NEW VIDEO BOARDS AT THE CELL!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 pm