Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Cubtober!!!

    Share
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 959
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Cubtober!!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:13 am

    SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox.


    HOWIE IS ON THE CASE!!!!
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2376
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 am

    SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 959
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 am

    Magic # is 1.


    There today.


    PARTY ON WITH THE CHICAGO CUB FANS!!!!!!


    City is going to ROCK with Cub Fever!!


    FUCK CHAIRMAN REINSDORF!!
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by jaywit on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:18 pm

    rmapasad wrote:SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.

    Interesting point although I'm sure there are enough mopes around who'd buy something touting making the playoffs. 

    Maybe something along the lines of Hot Lips compliment to Frank Burns when, in the throes of passionate necking, yells out, "Oh Frank!  You're so above average!"

    Oh Cubs!  You're so above average!
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

    Posts : 959
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 am

    Maybe I am getting older, but the nutso intense dumb ass Cub Fan is not all over the Shrine this year.


    The vendors are still waving the beers in your face, but the I AM AN ASSHOLE AND PROUD OF IT goof seems to have, for the most part, either grown up or gone to rehab.



    In no way, shape or form am I implying that all of the sudden the Chicago sports fan has gotten smarter or matured.  There just is a different feel to The Shrine.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 am

    There just is a different feel to The Shrine.


    Maybe because the real baseball fans are attending the games b/c they are finally winning?  Maybe its not just a tourist trap anymore, but a place to go because of good baseball?  We always say the Sox fans are front runners, but I know a lot of Cub fans who wouldn't go to games when the team sucked b/c they didn't want to watch shitty baseball, just like sox fans. The only difference is that Wrigley would still sell out b/c of the park, a tourist trap. I never really felt that the Cubs sellouts, when they were 30 games out of last place, reflected the real Chicago cub fan, just someone hitting a site, like going to the Water tower. It would be interesting to know if the number of bus tours are down.
    avatar
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1045
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Portage Park

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by TeleFrank on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:16 am

    It's very unfair of Bob to bring up people that most of you folks have not met. But let me assure you that this guy Howie is indeed a real piece of work. He purchased a replica 2005 ring some years ago and actually wears it. The Sox are "we" to him. He also went out and purchased a replica of the scoreboard from Comiskey that fits around his TV so he can pretend he's at the game every day. I suggested to him that he get a headboard just like the TV frame and his wife could trigger it when he got her off. He didn't see the humor in that suggestion. 

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:08 pm

    He didn't see the humor in that suggestion. 


    I did .. cheers
    avatar
    Blondy28
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1553
    Join date : 2009-04-11

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Blondy28 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 am

    jaywit wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.

    Interesting point although I'm sure there are enough mopes around who'd buy something touting making the playoffs. 

    Maybe something along the lines of Hot Lips compliment to Frank Burns when, in the throes of passionate necking, yells out, "Oh Frank!  You're so above average!"

    Oh Cubs!  You're so above average!

    Third best record in baseball is "above average"?  I suppose in its most literal sense, anything above average is "above average".
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Harry Caray on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 am

    Tribune article on Ricketts today indicates he is not a Wrigley, the Tribune Company or Reinsdorf.


    Any FANBOY idea that Reinsdorf is going to COMPETE with Ricketts in the $$$$$$ area would have to be concocted at Shooters Buffet, which is now gone.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by alohafri on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 am

    Harry Caray wrote:Tribune article on Ricketts today indicates he is not a Wrigley, the Tribune Company or Reinsdorf.


    Any FANBOY idea that Reinsdorf is going to COMPETE with Ricketts in the $$$$$$ area would have to be concocted at Shooters Buffet, which is now gone.

    The asshole will never move. Nowhere will he get a cake deal on a stadium like he has now.

    The more people who come to games, the more he has to cough up. Where is the inspiration to improve? There is none. He will probably live another 20 years.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 am

    TeleFrank wrote:It's very unfair of Bob to bring up people that most of you folks have not met. But let me assure you that this guy Howie is indeed a real piece of work. He purchased a replica 2005 ring some years ago and actually wears it. The Sox are "we" to him. He also went out and purchased a replica of the scoreboard from Comiskey that fits around his TV so he can pretend he's at the game every day. I suggested to him that he get a headboard just like the TV frame and his wife could trigger it when he got her off. He didn't see the humor in that suggestion. 



    Maybe Howie didn't hear the he part.

    Maybe Howie just heard his wife getting off

    Maybe Howie knows about that battery powered device in the nightstand

    Maybe Howie was perturbed by the thought of fireworks from the other room disturbing the Sox game

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 am

    Harry Caray wrote:Tribune article on Ricketts today indicates he is not a Wrigley, the Tribune Company or Reinsdorf.


    Any FANBOY idea that Reinsdorf is going to COMPETE with Ricketts in the $$$$$$ area would have to be concocted at Shooters Buffet, which is now gone.



    TWO CUBANS AWAY!!!!!!!!

    THEN IT WILL BE THE WHITE SOX TURN TO BACK INTO THE 2ND WILDCARD
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by alohafri on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:37 am

    TeleFrank wrote:It's very unfair of Bob to bring up people that most of you folks have not met. But let me assure you that this guy Howie is indeed a real piece of work. He purchased a replica 2005 ring some years ago and actually wears it. The Sox are "we" to him. He also went out and purchased a replica of the scoreboard from Comiskey that fits around his TV so he can pretend he's at the game every day. I suggested to him that he get a headboard just like the TV frame and his wife could trigger it when he got her off. He didn't see the humor in that suggestion. 

    Is Howie the guy who skipped out on the bill?
    avatar
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

    Posts : 382
    Join date : 2013-10-26
    Location : Any place I want to be

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Father of Satan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

    Harry Caray wrote:Tribune article on Ricketts today indicates he is not a Wrigley, the Tribune Company or Reinsdorf.


    Any FANBOY idea that Reinsdorf is going to COMPETE with Ricketts in the $$$$$$ area would have to be concocted at Shooters Buffet, which is now gone.

    Ricketts sold his soul to me! Reinsdorf didn't have to. I owned him from day one! Fie!
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by jaywit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:37 pm

    Blondy28 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.

    Interesting point although I'm sure there are enough mopes around who'd buy something touting making the playoffs. 

    Maybe something along the lines of Hot Lips compliment to Frank Burns when, in the throes of passionate necking, yells out, "Oh Frank!  You're so above average!"

    Oh Cubs!  You're so above average!

    Third best record in baseball is "above average"?  I suppose in its most literal sense, anything above average is "above average".

    Put "Third Best Record In Baseball!" on a T-shirt with a Cubs logo and see how that sells.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by alohafri on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm

    jaywit wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.

    Interesting point although I'm sure there are enough mopes around who'd buy something touting making the playoffs. 

    Maybe something along the lines of Hot Lips compliment to Frank Burns when, in the throes of passionate necking, yells out, "Oh Frank!  You're so above average!"

    Oh Cubs!  You're so above average!

    Third best record in baseball is "above average"?  I suppose in its most literal sense, anything above average is "above average".

    Put "Third Best Record In Baseball!" on a T-shirt with a Cubs logo and see how that sells.

    Right now you could put a Cubs logo on a Brown Shirt and it would sell.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by jaywit on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:56 pm

    alohafri wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Blondy28 wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:SFOD Fanboy Howie has been assigned the important function of going into all the Big Box, Sporting Goods, and other retail outlets in Lake and McHenry Counties to see if these stores are selling 2015 Cubs Playoff items and not White Sox. >>
    Wonder what those Cub playoff items might say. "Wild card team" ? Hopefully  Cub playoff items will be around for longer than the 1 day playoff.

    Interesting point although I'm sure there are enough mopes around who'd buy something touting making the playoffs. 

    Maybe something along the lines of Hot Lips compliment to Frank Burns when, in the throes of passionate necking, yells out, "Oh Frank!  You're so above average!"

    Oh Cubs!  You're so above average!

    Third best record in baseball is "above average"?  I suppose in its most literal sense, anything above average is "above average".

    Put "Third Best Record In Baseball!" on a T-shirt with a Cubs logo and see how that sells.

    Right now you could put a Cubs logo on a Brown Shirt and it would sell.

    Was that a typo?  Was the "r" meant to be there in "shirt"?  Or was that suppose to be "shart"?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cubtober!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:41 pm