Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The Hoax of the 21st Century!!

Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

The Hoax of the 21st Century!!

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:46 am

WIN NOW!!!!

An absolute scam to appeal to the most gullible fish in the ocean!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: The Hoax of the 21st Century!!

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 am

Wow Bobby. Blow things out of proportion much? If this is the worst hoax any of us on the board have to suffer through in our lives we're a pretty fucking fortunate bunch. Actually, I think most of us aren't even paying much attention to this train wreck. As for myself they're nothing more than background noise if there's nothing else on. My attention is now directed towards Chicago's other shit show....the Bears. With the way things are going that's not going to last long either. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder if Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams are running that clown act too!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:58 am

I feel BETRAYED by Chairman Reinsdorf!!!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

THE WHITE SOX ARE IMPORTANT!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 am

We all know that the two biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American public have been the carpet sweeper and 24 hour martinizing!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:26 am

Was Kenny Williams the pitchman????
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:14 am

alohafri wrote:We all know that the two biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American public have been the carpet sweeper and 24 hour martinizing!
    I'm waiting for the fat-free hot dog.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:26 pm

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:We all know that the two biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American public have been the carpet sweeper and 24 hour martinizing!
    I'm waiting for the fat-free hot dog.

The concoction of the phoney "weapons of mass destruction" scare leading to the Iraq War so far leads as the biggest hoax in this century.  I'd bet on the 9/11 attack eventually surpassing it as more facts become known.  Oh, it definitely happened and Al Quada was primarily responsible -- but there is likely a lot of shit that we haven't been told.

Going back to the 20th century, the biggest now-known hoax in my lifetime in regards to the number of Americans who would die was probably the so-called "Gulf of Tomkin Incident".

Even all the years of bullshit from Reinsdorf and his minions can't compete with this type of stuff.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:17 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    The concoction of the phoney "weapons of mass destruction" scare leading to the Iraq War so far leads as the biggest hoax in this century.  I'd bet on the 9/11 attack eventually surpassing it as more facts become known.  Oh, it definitely happened and Al Quada was primarily responsible -- but there is likely a lot of shit that we haven't been told.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is a lot of stuff we don't know about the real reasons for invading Iraq, and some of the shit that went on there.  I have read a bit of commentary from a guy I know through Facebook.  He has a gov't job with certain classified info clearance, and although he will not in any way comment on specifics, he says with authority that we had ample reason to invade Iraq that had NOTHING to do with WMD's.  This guy, strikes me as a progressive and a Democrat, too, so I don't take him to be blowing conservative smoke up my ass.

Editing...Oh shit, I just realized this is in the non-political section of the board.  Kevin owes me a slap on the hand at the next fest.

Last edited by Soxillinirob on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:24 pm

WIN NOW!!!!
    An absolute scam to appeal to the most gullible fish in the ocean!!!  >>

Reality is that the Sox have had fair weather fans almost forever.   They have no tradition that brings fans to the ballpark even when the team sucks like NY, Boston, St. Louis or even the Cubs.  The only time the Sox were truly a popular team was in the early 1900's.   From 1900-1919 the Sox were either # 1 or 2 in league attendance 13 times.  But the crappy teams in the 1920's put an end to that.  Since 1920, the Sox have been in top two in league attendance a mere 5 times, the last being in 1991 when the new park opened.  Even after the 2005 Series win, the Sox were only 3rd in league attendance the next season.  Reinsdorf's record in poor attendance, bad as it is, is no worse than the guys who owned the Sox for the 60 years prior .
    The only way people come to the ballpark is a winner so I can't blame the Sox for trying to field one. Reinsdorf's problem isn't win-now, it's that he doesn't understand how to build a winning team.

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 am

I'll put up "fruit juice is good for you" as a big hoax. Getting all the sugar from a piece of fruit into one concentrated glass is a very high caloric way to get some vitamin C.  Unless you're about to go into a diabetic coma you don't need fruit juice.  Eat the fucking fruit.

Also, dairy as one of the "4 main food groups".  If I remember correctly, it was the dairy industry that first claimed that in an advertisement.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 am

jaywit wrote:I'll put up "fruit juice is good for you" as a big hoax. Getting all the sugar from a piece of fruit into one concentrated glass is a very high caloric way to get some vitamin C.  Unless you're about to go into a diabetic coma you don't need fruit juice.  Eat the fucking fruit.

Also, dairy as one of the "4 main food groups".  If I remember correctly, it was the dairy industry that first claimed that in an advertisement.

When you point this out, are you including orange juice or grapefruit juice or pineapple juice, or more like the random fruit punch crap that they sell that seem kind of like soda without the fizz?
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:I'll put up "fruit juice is good for you" as a big hoax. Getting all the sugar from a piece of fruit into one concentrated glass is a very high caloric way to get some vitamin C.  Unless you're about to go into a diabetic coma you don't need fruit juice.  Eat the fucking fruit.

When you point this out, are you including orange juice or grapefruit juice or pineapple juice, or more like the random fruit punch crap that they sell that seem kind of like soda without the fizz?

The punch is worse than the juice, no doubt, but look at the contents of these juices.  Lotsa calories and sugar.  Eat fruit and drink water.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 am

jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

The punch is worse than the juice, no doubt, but look at the contents of these juices.  Lotsa calories and sugar.  Eat fruit and drink water.

Yeah, but there's nothing like chugging down a 1/4 of a bottle of O.J. after I mow the lawn.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:59 am

jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

The punch is worse than the juice, no doubt, but look at the contents of these juices.  Lotsa calories and sugar.  Eat fruit and drink water. Malort

Fixed it for you.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

alohafri wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

The punch is worse than the juice, no doubt, but look at the contents of these juices.  Lotsa calories and sugar.  Eat fruit and drink water. Malort

Fixed it for you.

Thanks, buddy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 pm