Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

ITS MONOPOLY MONEY

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: ITS MONOPOLY MONEY

Post by alohafri on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Mike Olt has 5 errors in 5 games. Yes, he is the answer!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Bobby did you buy into the rebirth of Shooters?

The Fanboys would be a bit out of place at my joint.  Old Men in Sox garb may cause the customers to run and call the Department of Mental Health!!!
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:51 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:TWO CUBANS AWAY FROM TAKING BACK THEIR TITLE AND THEIR CITY!!!

REINSDORF WILL WIN HIS SECOND BEFORE RICKETTS WINS HIS FIRST!!!!

I have a feeling Ricketts will win his third before Reinsdorf wins his second.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:TWO CUBANS AWAY FROM TAKING BACK THEIR TITLE AND THEIR CITY!!!

Best thing that could happen for Sox fans at this point is a Cubs world series win.  Can't imagine any Sox beat writer wouldn't be throwing the barbs after that.  I'm pulling for a Cubs/Jays series.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Best thing that could happen for Sox fans at this point is a Cubs world series win.  Can't imagine any Sox beat writer wouldn't be throwing the barbs after that.  I'm pulling for a Cubs/Jays series.
    We are no longer in the 5th Grade on a Playground.  The White Sox have served up a plate of shit....AGAIN.  Fuck the White Sox.  Enough of the losing.  Enough of liars like Harrelson and Williams.  The success of the Cubs could make Creepy Jerry decide to sell the Sox.  He can't compete with Ricketts, even in his WELFARE BALLPARK with the borderline criminal lease.

GO CUBS!!!  Pack my Bar!!!  Let crazy old Sox Fans talk of their hate for the Cubs and their fans.  WHO CARES!!!  What do the Sox do for anybody?  The money of Cub Fans is green.

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Now that I own a small piece of a North Shore Restaurant-Bar,

Isn't that like a diabetic owning a Baskin-Robbins?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:03 am

An arsonist owning a gas station!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:37 am

Cream1953 wrote:Yup. Hahn's balls were taken away from him and put into Kenny's pocket as a prerequisite for him to be hired as the GM. Figurehead is all Hahn is. Williams is still pulling the strings.

Basically agree. Hahn has a voice in all of this, and I see some ideas that were probably his (like the trade for Eaton) but he can't do anything without the OK of both Williams and Reinsdorf. But Williams has a direct pipeline to Reinsdorf and if Kenny wants something, Hahn has to go along and then justify it to the public.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:12 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Turn on the game and Samardzija is down 5-2 in the 2nd
    A real team shuts him down and gives the rest of his starts to Kyle Drabek

Recent article in Fan Graphs claimed Samard's problem this year is his splitter is staying up in the zone and getting raked. His fastball velocity seems normal mid 90's but a closer look would also show he's drastically reduced the percent two-seam FB's this year and increased his cutter and slider percentage. Yet both the cutter and slider are getting hit hard. Either his catcher is calling bad games, or Samardzija is stupidly shaking him off. Didn't this guy graduate from Notre Dame ? WTF ?

As to Drabek, not sure what you see in this guy. 7-11 record with a 3.55 ERA as a 28 yr old in AAA and he's striking out less than 6 guys per 9 and walking over 3. That's Danks territory. Eric Johnson who put up a 2.53 this year in AAA looks like the option for 2016. He's been giving up way too many HR's in his brief stint with the Sox this year, but there's still hope for him.
    Carson Fullmer is off to a hot start in rookie ball and Frankie Montas might still be another option.

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:14 am

The organization is a joke on the fans.  Whatever fans they have left.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 am

Mark the CPA wrote:[quoteWE ARE BEING LEAD BY SOME VERY STUPID PEOPLE.

THAT SAID, FROM THE HITTING SIDE, I'D SAY THE LINEUP IS ALREADY TORN APART.  ABREAU THE ONLY PLAYER OVER 800 OPS.  EATON AND SOTO THE ONLY 2 OTHERS OVER 750 AND SOTO IS FALLING FAST.  GARCIA AND CABRERA JUST BARELY OVER 700.  ANYTHING LESS THAN 700 MEANS YOU BETTER BE SWINGING THE LEATHER TO JUSTIFY YOUR LINEUP SPOT
    SO THERE YOU GO.  MAYBE A 1/3 OF A LINEUP IF YOU GIVE GARCIA ANOTHER CHANCE SINCE HE IS YOUNG.
    THE KARK THINKS THE SOX ARE BETTER OFF GAMBLING THE MONOPOLY MONEY ON A BIG BAT AND A BIG ARM THEN TRYING TO IMPORT A BOATLOAD OF PROSPECTS BY TRADING THE LIKES OF SALE, ABREA, AND ROBERTSON.
    PS, AN ACE CLOSER IS NOT AN UNNECESSARY LUXURY ON A BAD TEAM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I can't ding the overall moves of Sox management in 2015 that badly. Given the core of Sale, Quintana, Rodon, Abreu, Eaton, etc. win-now in 2015 wasn't a bad strategy to try to take advantage of their prime years. It just didn't work out.
    If Abreu, Cabrera, Flowers, Ramirez, Bonifacio, Gillaspie, LaRoche, Samardzija, Noesi and Duke had all had the same WAR as in 2014, the Sox would be 19 wins better off today and breathing on the Royals' neck for first in the AL Central.
    Probably 1/2 of that 19 win decline over last year's performances for those guys was bad luck. Samardzija shouldn't have been this bad, nor should LaRoche, Ramirez, or Bonafacio. The other half was over-optimism that Cabrera, Abreu, Duke, and Gillaspie would repeat their 2014 which was career best or near-best for all of them.
    So given a real hard look at the 2015 Sox, and discounting for the over-optimism Mgmt had about certain players, it's still not unrealistic to say they could have been a 77-78 win team by now and tied or leading for the 2nd wild card spot if a few guys hadn't fallen apart so unexpectedly badly.

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:47 am

As to Drabek, not sure what you see in this guy.

WHAT DOES THE KARK SEE?!?!?!??!?

THE NEXT SEAN LOWE!!!!!!

SAMARDZIJA DOESN'T DESERVE ANOTHER START IN A WHITE SOX UNIFORM.  SO WHY NOT GIVE THEM TO A FORMER #1 PROSPECT THAT HOPEFULLY IS NOW 100% HEALTHY DURING 2 WEEKS THAT DON'T MATTER.

QUAD A PLAYERS LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:05 pm

I basically agree with Roger on his post. Overall I think Abreu has had a pretty good 2nd year all things considered. Let's face it, part of the plan last winter was to place some guys in the batter's box to surround and protect him thus making it a less appealing option to pitch around him. That support just didn't materialize and Jose has been pretty much left on his own. Also, I guess he's been a bit dinged up most of the year. The whole thing with Abreu kind of reminds me of Walter Payton in his early career on those shitty Bear teams. Opponents knew he was all the Bears had and so they keyed on him and yet Walter STILL managed to get the job done in spite of it. In short, I think Jose has proven himself to be a keeper...or excellent trade bait. 

I notice in Roger's post he failed to mention Available Garcia. Yeah yeah yeah, I know the kid's young but in my book I don't see him ever being anything better than, at best, average. I think he's a butcher in the outfield and his bat has only been so-so....even shocking with his lack of power. At the time he was traded to the team, I wondered on this board why Detroit gave him up so easily and was skeptical of all the accolades about him. He's done nothing to change my mind.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:17 am

THREE YEAR PLAN!!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!!

TAKING THEIR CITY BACK!!!

1962 all over again!!!!

Sox Park THE PLACE TO BE!!!

OOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!

Sponsored content