Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

BLAME THE EX CUB

BLAME THE EX CUB

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 am

JUST THINK IF SAMARDZIJA WENT 6-0 INSTEAD OF 0-6 IN AUGUST...

THEY'D BE 2ND PLACE IN THE CENTRAL AND JUST ONE GAME OUT OF THE 2ND WILDCARD; 5 OUT TOF THE 1ST WILDCARD

FIGURES IT WOULD BE THE EX CUB WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF "WILL TO WIN"

Re: BLAME THE EX CUB

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:14 am

BTW, WHAT ARE THE ODDS SAMARADZIJA BECOMES THE FIRST PLAYER EVER TO ACCEPT A QUALIFYING OFFER?!?!?!?!?!?!

Here's another thing, with Sale and Quintana and Rodon all under control for the remainder of the decade, this team really really needs to focus on hitting the next 2, maybe 3, drafts.

Just look at the minor league stats.  DOES ANYBODY SCREAM FUTURE ALL STAR HITTER?!?!?!?

The closest is Tim Anderson and he strikes out 5 times as often as he walks

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 am

BTW, WHAT ARE THE ODDS SAMARADZIJA BECOMES THE FIRST PLAYER EVER TO ACCEPT A QUALIFYING OFFER?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure the draft picks are worth making him one. Don't you have to pay him $14million if he accepts the offer?  He's nowhere near a $14million pitcher. I know mediocre is expensive, but is below average this expensive as well?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:11 am

Chi-kid wrote:BTW, WHAT ARE THE ODDS SAMARADZIJA BECOMES THE FIRST PLAYER EVER TO ACCEPT A QUALIFYING OFFER?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure the draft picks are worth making him one. Don't you have to pay him $14million if he accepts the offer?  He's nowhere near a $14million pitcher. I know mediocre is expensive, but is below average this expensive as well?

Samardzija will sign with a National League club where he can face the pitcher every couple of innings.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:30 am

Chi-kid wrote:BTW, WHAT ARE THE ODDS SAMARADZIJA BECOMES THE FIRST PLAYER EVER TO ACCEPT A QUALIFYING OFFER?!?!?!?!?!?!

According to the talking heads on the Score yesterday; A qualifying offer this winter will be roughly $16million

These people were of the opinion that Samardzija will be offered something significantly better than a 1 year deal for $16million. 

But we both know what will happen with Samardzija.  He will stink as long as he is in a Sox uniform.  He will figure out how to pitch once he goes elsewhere.

The KARK takes the qualifying offer gamble based on what I know now
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:08 pm

TWTW!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 am