Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Mariners Fire GM

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Mariners Fire GM

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Mariners have started reaching out to potential GM candidates, including former Rockies GM Dan O’Dowd. Kenny Williams of the White Sox and Kevin Towers, who has been a GM with San Diego and Arizona, have also been linked to the position.

Anyone want to bet that Reinsdorf doesn't give the M's permission to talk to Kenny?
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Mariners Fire GM

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:12 pm

alohafri wrote:According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Mariners have started reaching out to potential GM candidates, including former Rockies GM Dan O’Dowd. Kenny Williams of the White Sox and Kevin Towers, who has been a GM with San Diego and Arizona, have also been linked to the position.

Anyone want to bet that Reinsdorf doesn't give the M's permission to talk to Kenny?

Then he would be doing the Mariners a big favor..
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:23 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    alohafri wrote:According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Mariners have started reaching out to potential GM candidates, including former Rockies GM Dan O’Dowd. Kenny Williams of the White Sox and Kevin Towers, who has been a GM with San Diego and Arizona, have also been linked to the position.

Then he would be doing the Mariners a big favor..

Damn, I keep forgetting that it's the White Sox that Reinsdorf doesn't care about.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Geez look at that list ...what a bunch of retreads. There's nobody NEW out there? Whatever happened to that chink female the Dodgers used to have?
    (that one is for Roger...LOL Razz )
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Anyone want to bet that Reinsdorf doesn't give the M's permission to talk to Kenny?[/quote]

Then he would be doing the Mariners a big favor..[/quote]

Damn, I keep forgetting that it's the White Sox that Reinsdorf doesn't care about.[/quote]

I notice the Blue Jays are in first place now. They should be sending Jerry a "thank you" bouquet soon.

rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Geez look at that list ...what a bunch of retreads. There's nobody NEW out there? Whatever happened to that chink female the Dodgers used to have?

Kim Ng -works for MLB now. Had her shots at several GM jobs but no one hired her. Her rep with Dodgers was as an "inside" person - not real strong on player evaluation but very good at admin, contracts, salary numbers, etc (typical Asian, right Very Happy ?)
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 pm

rmapasad wrote:Geez look at that list ...what a bunch of retreads. There's nobody NEW out there? Whatever happened to that chink female the Dodgers used to have?

Kim Ng -works for MLB now.  Had her shots at several GM jobs but no one hired her.  Her rep with Dodgers was as an "inside" person - not real strong on player evaluation but very good at admin, contracts, salary numbers, etc (typical Asian, right Very Happy ?)

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 pm