Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Taking their City Back!!

Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Taking their City Back!!

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 am

TODAY!!

BELIEVE!!

Patrick Kane will be there to present the Crosstown Cup!!

THE CUP IS IN THE BUILDING!!!

GET YOUR PANTS AROUND YOUR ANKLES!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Taking their City Back!!

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:15 pm

Im
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:16 pm

I'm done with this team. Fuck Reinsdorf. Fuck Kenny. Goodbye.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:10 pm

alohafri wrote:I'm done with this team. Fuck Reinsdorf. Fuck Kenny. Goodbye.

What happened?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Chi-kid wrote:

What happened?

They were their usual self.  Watching LaRoche come up in important spots is painful.  I'd take Tank on his worst day over this fucking stiff.  Samardja doesn't even seem like a major league pitcher to me right now.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:19 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

What happened?

They were their usual self.  Watching LaRoche come up in important spots is painful.  I'd take Tank on his worst day over this fucking stiff.  Samardja doesn't even seem like a major league pitcher to me right now.

Quad Cities could beat this team. LaRoche needs to retire. He is as done as Dunn was. Samalphabetsoup will be back next year because no one will offer him anywhere CLOSE to what he THINKS he should be offered. So the Sox, hoping to justify this pre-season trade will make him an offer and he will take it. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:20 am

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

What happened?

Quad Cities could beat this team. LaRoche needs to retire. He is as done as Dunn was. Samalphabetsoup will be back next year because no one will offer him anywhere CLOSE to what he THINKS he should be offered. So the Sox, hoping to justify this pre-season trade will make him an offer and he will take it. 

Kevin, that's a likely scenario.  The Sox will offer the Flounder a qualifying offer in the hope of getting a high draft choice for him when (rather, "if") he signs elsewhere.  However, he may just grab the Sox offer for another year gambling that he'll improve enough to get more money as a free agent at the end of next season.  The Sox should have unloaded him last month when he still was halfway decent and had some value. Crying or Very sad
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:47 am

Chi-kid wrote:

What happened?
    What doesn't happen is the appropriate question.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:12 pm

The Sox should have unloaded him last month when he still was halfway decent and had some value.

The dumb fucks who run this asylum felt that this team could still make a run. Just goes to show how fucking stupid and gullible they are. Personally I think it's funny how they were duped into keeping this train wreck of a team together. 
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Cream1953 wrote:The Sox should have unloaded him last month when he still was halfway decent and had some value.

The dumb fucks who run this asylum felt that this team could still make a run. Just goes to show how fucking stupid and gullible they are. Personally I think it's funny how they were duped into keeping this train wreck of a team together. 
    Again, if the Sox decided to really wave the white flag in July it would have meant putting guys like Sale, Quintana, Abreu or Eaton on the block.  Those are the only 4 who have real value. But logically the Sox could see these guys as "cornerstones" for next 3-4 years as they all have reasonable contracts.
    Samardzija did have some trade value but it wasn't enough to land any top shelf prospect.  His horrendous August probably has destroyed much chance for the Sox try to do a waiver deal with some contender for him.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:59 pm

STRETCH...STRETCH!!!

KEEP THE FUCKING CUP!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:50 am

KEVIN

ITS LIKE A MARRIAGE

NOT THAT MARRIAGE MEANS ANYTHING ANYMORE IN THIS COUNTRY

WHICH MEANS THE SOX ARE LIKE A GAY MARRIAGE

A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS

PRAISE BUDDHAH WE HAVE EVEN YEAR MAGIC TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:09 am

WHAT ABOUT WIN NOW 2015??

2ND Wild Card EXCITEMENT!!

THE MOMENTUM WINNING THE CUP BRINGS!!!!

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Let's just say Frank and Roger owe the KARK an apology over all the crap they gave him concernin 4/39

This millenium, if the Sox ain't in first by 4/30, they will suck the rest of the year. This I the 15th straight year 4/30 has proven to be the harbinger

Funny thing is, didn't both say that team was overhyped on Opening day? I guess contradicking yourself doesn't matter when you have a chance to deliberately disagree with the KARK
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Let's just say Frank and Roger owe the KARK an apology over all the crap they gave him concernin 4/39

This millenium, if the Sox ain't in first by 4/30, they will suck the rest of the year.  This I the 15th straight year 4/30 has proven to be the harbinger

Funny thing is, didn't both say that team was overhyped on Opening day?  I guess contradicking yourself doesn't matter when you have a chance to deliberately disagree with the KARK

The Sox's 8-11 April this year co-incided with a very reliable baseball trend.  When a bad team from the prior year has a lousy April that invariably means they will continue to stink after April. This isn't a "Sox" thing -  the same could be said about 6 other teams this year (Seattle, Miami, Philly, Milwaukee, Marlins, Padres).

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:54 pm

So in other words april can matter

Add rosebowl o the people owing me an apology

Now let the KARK be the first to predict the return of even year magic in 2016

Plus the last two time the USA elected a new President (2000, 2008) Sox won the division.  3rd time is the charm.

I'm actually psyched!!!!!!  Might even attend a game!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 am