Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Brillant reporting !

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Brillant reporting !

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

Really enjoyed this from today's Tribune.

"Jeff Samardzija threw the first pitch at 1:10 p.m. Sunday. The White Sox starter's second pitch landed over the center-field wall at 1:11, thanks to Yankees leadoff hitter Jacoby Ellsbury. His third pitch, at 1:12, hit Brett Gardner in the right shin and the rout was on at U.S. Cellular Field, where the Sox fell 12-3 to drop the series 2-1."

Didn't see a second of the game. This was enough for me. Folded up the sports section and moved onto A & E section.

Oh, and somebody remind me why Samardzija is so well though of. Maybe he wasn't traded because nobody wanted him? 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Brillant reporting !

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 am

TeleFrank wrote:Really enjoyed this from today's Tribune.

"Jeff Samardzija threw the first pitch at 1:10 p.m. Sunday. The White Sox starter's second pitch landed over the center-field wall at 1:11, thanks to Yankees leadoff hitter Jacoby Ellsbury. His third pitch, at 1:12, hit Brett Gardner in the right shin and the rout was on at U.S. Cellular Field, where the Sox fell 12-3 to drop the series 2-1."

Didn't see a second of the game. This was enough for me. Folded up the sports section and moved onto A & E section.

Oh, and somebody remind me why Samardzija is so well though of. Maybe he wasn't traded because nobody wanted him? 

He's a "Grinder".

Seriously, Frank, Samardzija was over-hyped while with the north side franchise.  Obtaining Samardzija from Oakland was probably a feeble attempt to stick it to the Cubs.  As most of the things the Sox brass try, it didn't work.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Some clubs might have wanted him but I think the Sox still had visions of contention and weren't going to accept a "market deal" for someone of Samardzija's ilk.  Only true aces like Price, Hamels, or Cueto were commanding good prospects.  Samardzija's comps were guys like Leake, Haren, Latos, etc. who were traded for iffy low minors prospects. Samard's ERA was still around 4.00 when the deadline came. No club was going to offer a whole lot for that. Clearly the Sox didn't want to just "settle", so viola.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:35 am

PLUS SAMARDZIJA STILL HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE BLYLEVEN TO SALE'S VIOLA!!!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:19 pm

BRING BACK MICHAEL TAYLOR AND ALL KINDS OF STIFFS FROM CHARLOTTE!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am