Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Future assured

Future assured

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:46 pm

So poor Jeff Samrdzinagondoc is going along well and then the infield fucks up and a pop up falls in that should have been caught...says a few "fucks", kicks the dirt, slams the ball into his glove just like the anti-DiMaggio would have, and proceeds to give up 6 runs and about a dozen hits in a row. 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly hoping the Sox give him $25 million a year for about 5 yrs. How can a team go wrong with a guy with this much balls, determination, and fight in him? Not to mention, sticking up for his teammates.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Future assured

Post by alohafri on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Chi-kid wrote:So poor Jeff Samrdzinagondoc is going along well and then the infield fucks up and a pop up falls in that should have been caught...says a few "fucks", kicks the dirt, slams the ball into his glove just like the anti-DiMaggio would have, and proceeds to give up 6 runs and about a dozen hits in a row. 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly hoping the Sox give him $25 million a year for about 5 yrs. How can a team go wrong with a guy with this much balls, determination, and fight in him? Not to mention, sticking up for his teammates.

Give him a qualifying offer, he will reject it, and we may get a better player than we would have gotten by trading his ass this week.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:08 pm

The Shark?  He's more like a guppy.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:18 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:The Shark?  He's more like a guppy.

It figures this would happen.  I have a feeling this was a "depression start".  What might have been for him is quickly fading away based on how the Yankees SMASHED them.  Sox are lucky to escape with the one they did get.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Typical White Sox pitcher whose balls shrivel up anytime something happens they don't like. Rather than sucking it up and focusing on the matter at hand they collapse like a cheap folding chair. Happened the other night when "Rodan" didn't get a call. Of course he then proceeds to hand about 75 runs over to the Yankees before he gets out of the inning while all along the White Sox chief enabler, Hawkeroo, goes on and on about how that one pitch fucked everything up by breaking Rodan's concentration and focus. One bad call by the ump is now responsible for a pitcher suffering from a complete melt down! What a bunch of bullshit and a prime example of the "loser" mentality. 

Here's a novel idea. Fucking grow a pair and get the next guy out rather than wringing your hands and going "woe is me" if something doesn't go your way. 

Just another example of the culture of mediocrity as exemplified by "team pussy".
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Sox are lucky to escape with the one they did get.

**************************************************************************************************

Jim, these clowns actually think they have what it takes to still get to the post-season and then make some noise. It's truly amazing how far this team, from management on down, has its head shoved up its ass. I sat with a look of disbelief on my face when, just a couple of days ago, Hahn addressed the media and told them that this team is "right where we want to be!" So much for Bobby's brainy hero. lol 

You can't make this shit up. 
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Ever since they Sox signed him I've been saying to myself "Self, why is this guy so widely admired. Can it be for his seemingly mediocre pitching? His hair care regiment? His connection to Notre Dame?" I've never gotten it. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:07 pm

The Shark turned into a flounder, and the bullheads running the team (into the muck) decide that he's a keeper. Mad

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Rather than sucking it up and focusing on the matter at hand they collapse like a cheap folding chair. Happened the other night when "Rodan" didn't get a call.

I turned that game on in the 2nd inning, when the Sox were down 5-0, and I was watching and thinking to myself what the fuck was going on? Rodon's body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was ..he looked like he was going thru the motions and didn't give a rats ass where he threw the ball or how he threw it ..I was stunned.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Rather than sucking it up and focusing on the matter at hand they collapse like a cheap folding chair. Happened the other night when "Rodan" didn't get a call.

I turned that game on in the 2nd inning, when the Sox were down 5-0, and I was watching and thinking to myself what the fuck was going on? Rodon's body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was ..he looked like he was going thru the motions and didn't give a rats ass where he threw the ball or how he threw it ..I was stunned.

Why do I have a feeling you could say the same thing about the other 26 guys on the roster?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Rodon's body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was 

Yeah I know he's a rookie and just learning the ropes blah blah blah  but I've yet to see anything from Rodan which blows wind up my skirt. So far I'm seeing another Johnny Danks or Gavin "Big Pussy" Floyd. Good from time to time but not so good most of the time. 

Maybe I'm being hard on the kid but, as we all know, rookie pitchers from other teams don't seem to have any trouble at all against the White Sox. 
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Rodon's body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was 

Yeah I know he's a rookie and just learning the ropes blah blah blah  but I've yet to see anything from Rodan which blows wind up my skirt. So far I'm seeing another Johnny Danks or Gavin "Big Pussy" Floyd. Good from time to time but not so good most of the time. 

Maybe I'm being hard on the kid but, as we all know, rookie pitchers from other teams don't seem to have any trouble at all against the White Sox. 

I'm with you, Cream.  Haven't been much of a Rodon fan since the minute he joined the Sox.  Maybe he'll find a new pitch in the minors, or get better with age, but he has only two pitches and not much control.  He's going to have good days, such as when his control is spot-on, but those days will be rare.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 pm