Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

STANDING PAT

STANDING PAT

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:21 pm

WHITE SOX DO NOTHING B4 THE BREAK

THIS TEAM TRULY IS TEAM PRICK TEASE

OH WELL, IT WAS FUN SPENDING THE WEEK WITH MY PANTS AROUND MY ANKLES

That said, I think Micah Johnson and George Kottaras should be recalled ASAP.

Dump Beckham and the 12th pitcher

Then platoon Johnson and Garcia in RF (yes I know its OTJT at the MLB level but desparate times call for desparate measures.  Garcia is looking like Viciedo with hustle)

Platoon Kottaras and Soto at catcher (WTF does Flowers do that has him starting over Soto?)

Platoon Larouche and Flowers at DH (Keeps a #3 catcher and LaRouche has a 440OPS v LH, Flowers is 766)

Then pray a big bat becomes available in August

One last thing, White Sox brass needs to realize they can not settle for simply winning the series.  They need sweeps and extended streaks if they want to play in october

Re: STANDING PAT

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:05 pm

You had me until the platoon Flowers at DH...if anyone should be DFA, its Tyler

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Really!?!?!?

I thought throwing Johnson in RF would have drawn your ire.  Not that I was trying to draw it.  You are correct when you constantly remind us that asking a player, especially a rookie, to move to a position he never played b4 & learn at the MLB level is asking for trouble.  But I stand by my premise that desperate times call for desperate measures

PS, Flowers stays due to my 25 man & 3 catcher fetish
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:41 pm

The Tank is back!!!!  GET THOSE PANTS AROUND YOUR ANKLES!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:The Tank is back!!!!  GET THOSE PANTS AROUND YOUR ANKLES!!!

Now we know why they decided to stand pat.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm

The Tank is back!!!! 

Help on the way!!!! The final piece to the puzzle!!!  cheers cheers cheers

Another reason I absolutely hate this year's team. I never wanted to hear this fucker's name mentioned in association with the White Sox ever again and here he is back with the organization. These fucking clowns are completely clueless when it comes to judging talent.  
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Cream1953 wrote:The Tank is back!!!! 

Help on the way!!!! The final piece to the puzzle!!!  cheers cheers cheers

Another reason I absolutely hate this year's team. I never wanted to hear this fucker's name mentioned in association with the White Sox ever again and here he is back with the organization. These fucking clowns are completely clueless when it comes to judging talent.  

Another silly welcome-back-to-the-nest signing.

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Excuse me, but when did Aug 1 become April fools day?

Please tell me this is some sick joke

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Get ready to barf

Schuck just went on the DL leaving the big club an OF short

Just heard the tank is 1 - 2 during is 1st game at Charlotte

I'm praying he pulls a hammy as he jogs to the post game buffet
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Get ready to barf

Schuck just went on the DL leaving the big club an OF short

Just heard the tank is 1 - 2 during is 1st game at Charlotte

I'm praying he pulls a hammy as he jogs to the post game buffet

***********************************************************************************************

We both know that sooner rather than later he'll be called up and Robin will slot him in as soon as he arrives with Hawk absolutely fawning all over him and how it's so wonderful to have him back in the fold while explaining how. like Gordon, he just needed the time away to recharge his batteries. 

Since leaving the White Sox this lard-assed  absolute piece of worthless shit has been released by two teams this year!!!!!! Are you fucking kidding me??? Wake me when it's over. 
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Since leaving the White Sox this lard-assed absolute piece of worthless shit has been released by two teams this year!!!!!! Are you fucking kidding me??? Wake me when it's over.

That he folded like a tent this season in AAA, instead of showing some self-pride and trying to earn his way back to another shot in the bigs says a lot. A's are classic for giving guys second chances to revive their careers and even they said "sayonara" to him. Maybe Mgmt feels that giving a guy another opportunity to don the Sox uniform will be all the motivation needed for him to turn his career around.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Maybe Mgmt feels that giving a guy another opportunity to don the Sox uniform will be all the motivation needed for him to turn his career around.

Nonsense ..he's Cuban...the sox are going to get him a Uniform #9 and prop him up as a resurrected Minnie Minoso...
    (either that or Baines is retiring and the Sox need a new bench coach)
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Maybe I don't have that get all excited gene. But seems I've read that Tank signed a minor league contract. A minor league contract. Once again, it's a minor league contract. Haven't you read the papers boys and girls? Sox are walking around with a stuffy over the way this team is finally playing. Why mess with the almighty baseball ingredient of "chemistry"

Once more, minor league contract.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Post n°13

New post by TeleFrank Today at 7:23 pm

Maybe I don't have that get all excited gene. But seems I've read that Tank signed a minor league contract. A minor league contract. Once again, it's a minor league contract. Haven't you read the papers boys and girls? Sox are walking around with a stuffy over the way this team is finally playing. Why mess with the almighty baseball ingredient of "chemistry". Once more, minor league contract.

Sure - this wasn't much of a commitment and the Sox probably aren't chomping at the bit to get him back into a Chicago uniform. Then again, there are always the September callups.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Sure - this wasn't much of a commitment and the Sox probably aren't chomping at the bit to get him back into a Chicago uniform. Then again, there are always the September callups.

This is like divorcing your wife and hiring her as a secretary in your business. What could possibly go wrong?

BTW - he's supposedly only going to play 1b...maybe Abreu is on the block?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Sure - this wasn't much of a commitment and the Sox probably aren't chomping at the bit to get him back into a Chicago uniform. Then again, there are always the September callups.

This is like divorcing your wife and hiring her as a secretary in your business. What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds like Abreu may be hurt.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:Sure - this wasn't much of a commitment and the Sox probably aren't chomping at the bit to get him back into a Chicago uniform. Then again, there are always the September callups.

Sounds like Abreu may be hurt.

It looked like it.  Another blowout and they let him stay in the game.  Good for him for wanting to be there.  Bad for the Sox for not being more careful with the few blue chips they do have.  I'd not be surprised he misses a few days.  Hope if more than a week, they put him on the DL.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Dumb ass Robin should have pulled him from the game as soon as he hobbled all the way to first base on a single that would have been a double for Paul Konerko. Ventura fucking around with one of his best players because the player tells him he wants to stay in when common sense dictates you pull him. Yet another example of Ventura's "leadership". More important to keep your boys happy than it is to give yourself the best chance to win a game.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:54 am

CLEARLY ABREAU WAS INSPIRED BY JOHN CENA WHO WRESTLING FOR AT LEAST 5 MORE MINUTES WITH A CLEARLY BROKEN NOSE.

PLAY TOUGH

THE WILL TO WIN

LEADER OF MEN

BELIEVE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 am