Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Maybe it pays to ignore

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Maybe it pays to ignore

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

At least it seems that way.  The Sox have been doing fairly well since I stopped watching them in early June.  I'm almost tempted to start watching them again, but I'm afraid that they will turn back into pumpkins. affraid

(If the Cubs get too close to making the playoffs, maybe I'll start watching them just to jinx them.)
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Maybe it pays to ignore

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 am

The Sox always seem to turn it up around the trade deadline just enough so their brilliant management decides to stand pat and stick their followers with this train wreck the rest of the year. 

We also have Jerry Manuel ball to look forward to. That's when after they've already pissed the season away and are hopelessly out of it they suddenly turn into the hottest team in the baseball come September thus giving their fans false hope for next year.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 am

3RD PLACE CREAMPUFF!!!!!!!!!!

JUST 2 GAMES UNDER TOILETBOWL!!!!!!!!

DOWN TO 5 TEAMS TO CLIMB OVER ALUMINUM FOIL HAT BOY!!!!!!

A TRUE FAN SEES THAT THIS IS 1983 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY IN HELL A SANE GM THROWS AWAY THIS SEASON JUST WHEN THE TEAM IS FINALLY PLAYING UP TO ITS CAPABLITIES!!!!

AND THANK YOU 2ND WILDCARD!!!!!!!!  THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER, EVER, TRADE AWAY CHRIS SALE!!!!!!!

KENNY WILLIAMS HAS MORE BASEBALL BRAINS THEN ALL YOU CYNICAL SAD SACKES COMBINED!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:50 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    KENNY WILLIAMS HAS MORE BASEBALL BRAINS THEN ALL YOU CYNICAL SAD SACKES COMBINED!!!!!!!!

Does this mean that his brains are made up of string and cork? Rolling Eyes

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

I broke down and watched the last 3 innings of tonight's game.  The Sox actually held on to win.  One thing that I noticed is that Jose Abreu looks like he's having fun playing the game like he did last year.  He actually cracked a bit of a smile.  The first few months of this season he looked like he was attending a funeral.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 pm