Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

STAY THE COURSE!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: STAY THE COURSE!!!

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

ANOTHER THING THIS BOARD SEEMS TO FORGET, THAT LAST MAN ON THE BENCH DOESN'T NEED TO HIT.  IF USED PROPERLY, ALL HIS TIME WILL BE DEFENSE AND PINCH RUNNING AND HE'LL BE LUCKY TO GET 2 AB A WEEK.

With Ventura's track record, those 2 AB's will come with games on the line. Mad

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 am

Cream1953 wrote:I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

It's a hell of a lot easier to forsee a 190 for this stiff than it is to think he'd ever hit something like 280. Indeed, during his entire tenure with the Sox has Gordo ever sniffed 300 for any length of time?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt that a .190 BA was well within the realm of possibility for Beckham.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Beckham was a logical signing that just didn't work out.  I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

Beckham finding his way into the lineup had more to do with others playing their way out of it.  So I find it very difficult to blame Ventura when it was the young millioniares that placed him between Iraq and a hard on.

Had OUR White Sox known Dizzie Gillaspie would have played his way out of the organization, I'm sure the White Sox would have pursued a different course of action.

Again, this board needs to realize that when you are filling out the bottom of the roster, you will usually be stuck picking between the Gordon Beckham's of the world.
    NOBODY BUT YOU GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE BOTTOM OF THE ROSTER.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:55 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:given Luery Garcia's speed

It's a sad commentary on the White Sox that we ever have to even reference this guy's name. Good grief. Has he ever placed the bat on the ball in his entire major league career?

MAYBE IF OUR WHITE SOX WOULD DROP DOWN TO 10 PITCHERS, THEN MAYBE LUERY GARCIA COULD PLAY HERB WASHINGTON FOR A MONTH OR SO.

ANOTHER THING THIS BOARD SEEMS TO FORGET, THAT LAST MAN ON THE BENCH DOESN'T NEED TO HIT.  IF USED PROPERLY, ALL HIS TIME WILL BE DEFENSE AND PINCH RUNNING AND HE'LL BE LUCKY TO GET 2 AB A WEEK.  LOOK UP MIKE SQUIRES IN 1983 TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT
    WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE LAST MAN ON THE BENCH???  Most games do not go 16 innings.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:01 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

It's a hell of a lot easier to forsee a 190 for this stiff than it is to think he'd ever hit something like 280. Indeed, during his entire tenure with the Sox has Gordo ever sniffed 300 for any length of time?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt that a .190 BA was well within the realm of possibility for Beckham.
    Seems a bit of a stretch to blame Gillaspie's STIFFNESS on Beckham just like it was fucking idiotic for the media dopes to blame the location of Konerko's locker for Beckham's STIFFNESS.  SOME GUYS ARE NO FUCKING GOOD.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Mart, the only reason Beckham became a semi regular is that the rest of the infield also played like crap.

BTW, my defense of Beckham should not be confused with Brokeback Beckham syndrome.  I am just refuting this silly assertion that Beckham is somehow the cause of the White Sox whoa's.  The whole damn offense has under performed this year.  so to proclaim giving a measly $2mil to Beckham is some kind of disaster is a silly over exaggerasation.

Not arguing your basic point.  Big problem is everyone on the team performing below expectations.  But look at the "logic" of what they expected of Beckham. He was brought in to be Gillaspie's platoon partner at 3b and the fallback to start at 3b or 2b .. However,  1) Beckham was a worse hitter v. LHers than RHErs (.236 career hitter v. lefties)    2) Beckham had proven over 3000 PA's that he couldn't hit well enough for 2b, let alone the more offensively demanding 3b  and    3) the Sox already had a better choice for platoon partner at 3b in Bonafacio (.286 career hitter v. LHers) who also could be the fallback at 2b, plus they had Sanchez in the minors who could fulfill the same roles.  4) Sox failed, despite this surplus of IFers, to get a fallback at SS, since neither Beckham or Bonafacio (or anyone in the minors) had played that much.
    I think this was primarily an emotional, feel-good move by the Sox to resurrect their former 1st round pick for his possible season of redemption and to show fans that ex-Sox players really want to come back.  Look how Hawk, the front office and others talked up the signing.  And it carried the dangers that he'd get over-played.  Which happened.  Between June 5th and 9th, Beckham went 1-17 in his last five starts.    OK, pull his ass and sit him down, right ?  Nope.   He was rewarded with another 13 starts over the next month in which he went 3 for frikkin 42.. Anybody (Bonaduce, Saladino, my mom) could have done better than the 4 for 59 he pulled from the beginning of June to the AS break. And yes, he did hurt the Sox during that period..

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:08 pm

YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT BONAFACIO BEING A BETTER CHOICE OF PLATOON PARTNER FOR GILLASPIE

HOWEVER, SANCHEZ WAS BETTER SERVED PLAYING EVERYDAY IN THE MINORS.

BECKHAM IS NOW OUT OF THE LINEUP.  LETS GET LAROUCHE AND GARCIA TO JOIN HIM ON THE BENCH

JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN 24 HOURS TO FIND A RENT-A-HITTER.  THE KARK TRADES HIS SURPLUS OF MIDDLE RELIEVERS FOR AN RF AND DH

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:given Luery Garcia's speed

It's a sad commentary on the White Sox that we ever have to even reference this guy's name. Good grief. Has he ever placed the bat on the ball in his entire major league career?

MAYBE IF OUR WHITE SOX WOULD DROP DOWN TO 10 PITCHERS, THEN MAYBE LUERY GARCIA COULD PLAY HERB WASHINGTON FOR A MONTH OR SO.

ANOTHER THING THIS BOARD SEEMS TO FORGET, THAT LAST MAN ON THE BENCH DOESN'T NEED TO HIT.  IF USED PROPERLY, ALL HIS TIME WILL BE DEFENSE AND PINCH RUNNING AND HE'LL BE LUCKY TO GET 2 AB A WEEK.  LOOK UP MIKE SQUIRES IN 1983 TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT
    WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE LAST MAN ON THE BENCH???  Most games do not go 16 innings.

BENCH LIVES MATTER
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Toronto going BALLISTIC while Sox Fans continue to discuss GORDON FUCKING BECKHAM.

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:Toronto going BALLISTIC while Sox Fans continue to discuss GORDON FUCKING BECKHAM.

APPERANTLY YOU MISSED THE KARK BEGGING FOR GUYS LIKE LIND OR DAVIS OR CEPEDNIS OR SOME OTHER RENT A HITTER TO HELP OUT AT DH AND OF

LAROUCHE AND GARCIA NEED TO JOIN BECKHAM ON THE BENCH

PS, GET READY TO CELEBRATE 500 TONIGHT!!!!!!

OUR WHITE SOX ARE MAKING THE MOVE AND I AM CONFIRDENT WE CAN MAEK THE PLAYOFFS.

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Beckham was a logical signing that just didn't work out.  I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

Finally, you say something true. Nobody on this board ever foresaw Beckham hitting as high a .190

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Beckham was a logical signing that just didn't work out.  I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

Finally, you say something true. Nobody on this board ever foresaw Beckham hitting as high a .190

Evidently, Kark was also right about the Sox being buyers since they just picked up infielder stiff Justin Sellers from the Pirates.  With a little luck, he might be able to hit .190, too.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:05 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Evidently, Kark was also right about the Sox being buyers since they just picked up infielder stiff Justin Sellers from the Pirates.  With a little luck, he might be able to hit .190, too.

Here is another "opportunity" for the Sox - They can pick up a DH/OFer and ala Beckham get another "return to the nest" guy
    "Athletics released OF Dayan Viciedo.
    The veteran slugger opted out of his deal and was granted his release from the Athletics. He'll look to latch on elsewhere on a minor league pact. "

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:14 am

APPLES AND ORANGES.

BECKHAME WAS BROUGHT BACK FOR D OFF THE BENCH

VICIEDO SERVES NO USEFUL PURPOSE

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:Beckham was a logical signing that just didn't work out.  I doubt anybody foresaw a 190 avg.

That was reported into in the Chicago media, so get your facts straight jackass.

Has the shark bee moved? Wraped the tin foil a little tighter around your head retard.

I just love this board. I use the streak to enjoy a fanboy moment and all you cynical sad sacks go crazy.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:32 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

That was reported into in the Chicago media, so get your facts straight jackass.

Has the shark bee moved?  Wraped the tin foil a little tighter around your head retard.

I just love this board.  I use the streak to enjoy a fanboy moment and all you cynical sad sacks go crazy.  

A little "testy" today, Kark?  Excuse me!  I don't follow the "Chicago media" to any great extent.  I leave those morons to spout their nonsense for you other morons to fawn over. Razz

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:33 am

rmapasad wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

Here is another "opportunity" for the Sox - They can pick up a DH/OFer and ala Beckham get another "return to the nest" guy
    The veteran slugger opted out of his deal and was granted his release from the Athletics. He'll look to latch on elsewhere on a minor league pact. "

I see THE TANK compiled a very pathetic 619 OPS in 124 PA in AAA Nashville.

Now if he could run and play defense, he could be a 5th OF......

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:15 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

Roger, you must be clairvoyant, although I guess it's not too hard to read KW's pea-sized brain. From Rotoworld.com:

"White Sox signed OF Dayan Viciedo to a minor league contract. Viciedo was granted his release from Oakland earlier this week. Chicago has already assigned him to Triple-A Charlotte. This marks Viciedo's second stint with the White Sox after hitting 66 home runs in 483 games for the Pale Hose from 2010 to 2014. He'll work at first base, only playing outfield if there's an emergency."
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Next we will bring Adam Dunn back out of retirement

This team is so freaking snake bit.  How many times in the last 12 years or so have they gotten just hot enough to make them change direction and go back to win now.  This time they did neither!  Samardzija and LaRoche probably had at least some mild demand.  Dodgers were throwing things away and taking on players they did not even want.  Maybe they would have taken on Danks with Samardzija, and I would not mind seeing them make a move for Brandon Beachy.  Back from Tommy John and should be back to full strength by next year. 

I think the Sox missed the boat again. 

Hope they will still be able to find takers. Samardzija seems to be pitching well and I hope he can keep it up for selling purposes.  Maybe they can find a market for Cabrera, Garcia and Ramirez, too.  I wish they could have shopped all five of those.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Nomads44 wrote:Next we will bring Adam Dunn back out of retirement

This team is so freaking snake bit.  How many times in the last 12 years or so have they gotten just hot enough to make them change direction and go back to win now.  This time they did neither!  Samardzija and LaRoche probably had at least some mild demand.  Dodgers were throwing things away and taking on players they did not even want.  Maybe they would have taken on Danks with Samardzija, and I would not mind seeing them make a move for Brandon Beachy.  Back from Tommy John and should be back to full strength by next year. 

I think the Sox missed the boat again. 

Hope they will still be able to find takers. Samardzija seems to be pitching well and I hope he can keep it up for selling purposes.  Maybe they can find a market for Cabrera, Garcia and Ramirez, too.  I wish they could have shopped all five of those.

I'm with you, Jim, on Beachy.

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Jim

All 5 will be needed on the South Side this October

There ain't a doubt in my mind

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 am