Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    Changing my ways?

    Share
    avatar
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1045
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Portage Park

    Changing my ways?

    Post by TeleFrank on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 pm

    As you all know I grew up close to Wrigley. So there was often years where I saw more games there than at Comiskey. That's what made visits to Comiskey so very special. The el ride on the Howard line and the walk from State St. to the ballpark. The sight of the ball park as I walked out from the train bridge just east of the Ryan. It was always a special trip. Trips I treasured. It's a feeling that I'm sure many of you can write your own version of. 


    At one of those special games the adults who had taken me to the game decided to leave early to avoid the rush. Now you have to know that this was sometime in the 60's when the Sox had an exploding scoreboard but no homer threats at all. So that scoreboard going off was really something special to this kid from Uptown. Well as we were about to cross Wentworth the score board went off and the Sox I was to find out later had comeback and won the game. By the way I have no idea who, hit it or who they were playing. But it upset me so much that I swore that day that I would never leave a game before the last out, regardless of the outcome.


    Over the years I was tested, by friends who were not big ball fans, by girlfriends who were long since bored and a brother-in-law who would leave after the third if he thought he could make better time home. Pat, my wife had to listen to the fireworks story so she gave up pretty quickly. Mom who was the reason I am a Sox fan didn't object, she loved going to Comiskey as well. My sons also heard the story and would learn to sit with me.


    2015. Sox have put together a team that from the very day they started showing off the new boys to the press in the pre-season just didn't do anything for me. Yet I read in pretty much every media I frequent that the Sox were going to be a team to deal with, I didn't get it. Something inside me failed to accept this. Hawk came out saying that he had agreed to work less games this year because of his age. But even he announced he was going to do a full season because he thought this team was going to be something to watch. I turned down opening day tickets from John and only planned on attending the Konerko retirement and Nomadsfest.


    Well we all know how this team has turned out. I get daily updates on the uselessness of the team from my good pal Bobby, on this site and on Facebook. My gut feeling was very right.


    Last weekend I was in the strange position of having Nomadsfest to attend, I wouldn't miss that. But I also had free tickets that my wife obtained for Sunday's game. So here in a season I'd never really cared about I was going to attend two games in a row. But that's not really the reason for this essay.


    On Saturday and Sunday weather was a big issue. Saturday had heat and rain and thunder storms. Sunday just heat. But inside me I sat there on Saturday watching a much better team jump on the Sox was a feeling of no emotion, no thought that they might win. On Sunday I saw them do the same thing to the Sox's best pitcher Sale. I just sat there knowing that the Sox were not going to do anything offensively. And I was right. But here's the part that is the reason for this essay. I left early from both games. On Saturday after hearing thunder I left somewhere around the 6th. On Sunday I left earlier, the fifth. It was damn hot ! Made good time getting home, my brother-in-law would have been proud. Saturday I arrived home and was surprised to hear that the game was still going on. But even though they game went into extra innings the result of both days was the same. A lose.


    Bob and I often ride the people on SFOD's Facebook page that get all rah, rah about the Sox. But by now I just scroll past Bob's daily updates about how management sucks. Who cares anymore. What's the point of really wasting any time on a team that can't score runs. I'm still and will always be a Sox fan, but this years team has made me not care enough to really keep up with them. Plus the media who was writing and telling me that the 2015 team was going to be a force to deal with has shifted into telling the Sox who they should trade. So even if I wanted to read about the games, pretty much all I will find is trade talk, and I hate trade talk. 


    So blame it on age, blame it on the knowledge of age but this years team has spoiled baseball for me this year. I'm sure I'll watch a few innings on those nights when there is really nothing on. I will go thru the Trib's Sports page pretty quickly till the Hawks start training. The Bears? Who knows with those shitheads. Lovey Smith ruined the Bears for me and they will have to earn me back by playing some good ball. Then there will come spring and it will start all over again. I hope that I will have something to look forward to in 2016. But I'm sure Bob will tell us all that this won't happen unless the earth opens up and swallows the entire Sox management. 


    Go Sox, please go away quickly. The 2015 team that is.  


    Last edited by TeleFrank on Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1688
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 68
    Location : Springfield

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Nomads44 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 am

    Very enjoyable read, Frank.  Thanks for sharing.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7307
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:26 am

    Couldn't agree more.  Apathy is about the only emotion I have toward this club.  Hard to even muster some loose interest, other than hoping Sale does well, pulling for Quintana to be on the right side of decision once per month, and wondering if Abreu will return to being the guy he was last season.  Bleh.
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 am

    Nice post Frank. Team drudgery was sheer enjoyment in comparison to this year's team. From the manager on down I don't ever recall a White Sox team I've ever disliked so much. The offensive statistics of this year's team are so unbelievably bad that I am sometimes left thinking that they are playing this way on purpose. I know deep down this can't be true but for crying out loud there are times where such thoughts are about the only thing left that makes any sense. I mean, how can a collection of men who have been playing this game their entire lives, and in some cases have enjoyed a certain level of success at it, be so utterly and completely bad as they are with this team?? Hell, in spite of Bobby's constant rants about "The Chairman", I simply can't wrap my head around the notion that Reinsdorf forked over the millions of dollars like he did this past off-season just so he could bear witness to something so profoundly and totally inept and lifeless as this collection of clowns. To think otherwise just flies in the face of logic. 

    Never seen anything like it.

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

    I haven't watched so much as one pitch in a Sox game for well over a month. 
    Pure apathy. Sleep

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:Nice post Frank. Team drudgery was sheer enjoyment in comparison to this year's team. From the manager on down I don't ever recall a White Sox team I've ever disliked so much. The offensive statistics of this year's team are so unbelievably bad that I am sometimes left thinking that they are playing this way on purpose. I know deep down this can't be true but for crying out loud there are times where such thoughts are about the only thing left that makes any sense. I mean, how can a collection of men who have been playing this game their entire lives, and in some cases have enjoyed a certain level of success at it, be so utterly and completely bad as they are with this team?? Hell, in spite of Bobby's constant rants about "The Chairman", I simply can't wrap my head around the notion that Reinsdorf forked over the millions of dollars like he did this past off-season just so he could bear witness to something so profoundly and totally inept and lifeless as this collection of clowns. To think otherwise just flies in the face of logic. 

    Never seen anything like it.



    The 2015 Chicago White Sox are like dating that hot chick in high school that always stopped you whenever you had more than 3 buttons done on her blouse.

    Thru 90 games, the Sox have scored 5+ runs 23 times.  They have scored 1 or less in 24.

    In more than 1/2 there games, 46, they have scored 3 or less.

    In a way, the Sox are lucky they are 42-48 and not on a 100 loss pace.

    *********************************************************

    It doesn't take a CPA with a 135 IQ to figure out that just an average offense puts the White Sox in the heart of the race for at least the 1st wildcard.  How to elevate the offense to that level is the million dollar question.  Don't see it coming from the minors.  Although I think it may be time to roll the dice on playing Tim Anderson and Micah Johnson.  Don't see it coming from a trade.  At least not without creating a pitching void. 

    On the plus side, the only person I trade that would be missed in a stretch run is Samardzija.  so with a bet of luck the sox can have their cake and Edith too
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2370
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by rmapasad on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:56 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:Nice post Frank. Team drudgery was sheer enjoyment in comparison to this year's team. From the manager on down I don't ever recall a White Sox team I've ever disliked so much. The offensive statistics of this year's team are so unbelievably bad that I am sometimes left thinking that they are playing this way on purpose. I know deep down this can't be true but for crying out loud there are times where such thoughts are about the only thing left that makes any sense. I mean, how can a collection of men who have been playing this game their entire lives, and in some cases have enjoyed a certain level of success at it, be so utterly and completely bad as they are with this team?? Hell, in spite of Bobby's constant rants about "The Chairman", I simply can't wrap my head around the notion that Reinsdorf forked over the millions of dollars like he did this past off-season just so he could bear witness to something so profoundly and totally inept and lifeless as this collection of clowns. To think otherwise just flies in the face of logic. 
    Never seen anything like it.
    No doubt, it's been a puzzle trying to figure out why literally 95% of this team is below their levels of last year.   Is the Manager de-motivating them ?   A culture of mediocrity ? Playing for a Reinsdorf-owned team ?

    A few cold hard facts suggest there's still a talent deficiency, especially on offense. Sox were dead last in offense in 2013, and a lot of that same crew was still aboard to start 2015. (Flowers, Ramirez, Beckham, Gillaspie, Garcia).  Abreu and to a lesser degree Eaton helped Sox offense improve to 8th best in 2014, along with Gillaspie, Ramirez and Flowers having career (or near-career) years.  With all of them logically regressing some this year, it's also logical Sox would sink back offensively. Ramirez has slipped the most, but age decline has obviously set in.
    Meanwhile. newcomers Melky and LaRoche were over-rated. LaRoche is at an age when sluggers can fall off the cliff. Melky's best years were when he juiced and his power was always light for an OFer. What's particularly bad is that they've both been worse than their much-maligned predecessors who were run out of town (Dunn and Tank).
    Taken together, the return to the bottom of the offensive barrel like 2013 isn't totally shocking.

    Getting Robertson as Closer and Samardzija and Rodon into the rotation has helped the Sox improve from 13th in pitching last year.   But the logical regression of Sale (who was incredible last year but merely outstanding this year) and Quintana (who was excellent last year but merely good this season) has meant the improvement has only made the Sox 10th best pitching this year. 

    So all in all, the "gut feeling" of skepticism that Frank says he experienced before this year may well have come from looking at a team that had lost nearly 100 games in 2013 and nearly 90 in 2014 trying to convince itself and its fans that a few over-hyped newcomers would make a drastic difference.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7100
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by alohafri on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:15 pm

    Like last year, this year is like watching an accident. I can't look away. Can they get any worse? Why yes they can. 


    Maybe the best thing they can do for guys like Sale, Abreu, and Garcia is to trade them to a contender. I'm hoping for the worst record in baseball...so Kenny can draft another wide receiver.
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:09 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:Nice post Frank. Team drudgery was sheer enjoyment in comparison to this year's team. From the manager on down I don't ever recall a White Sox team I've ever disliked so much. The offensive statistics of this year's team are so unbelievably bad that I am sometimes left thinking that they are playing this way on purpose. I know deep down this can't be true but for crying out loud there are times where such thoughts are about the only thing left that makes any sense. I mean, how can a collection of men who have been playing this game their entire lives, and in some cases have enjoyed a certain level of success at it, be so utterly and completely bad as they are with this team?? Hell, in spite of Bobby's constant rants about "The Chairman", I simply can't wrap my head around the notion that Reinsdorf forked over the millions of dollars like he did this past off-season just so he could bear witness to something so profoundly and totally inept and lifeless as this collection of clowns. To think otherwise just flies in the face of logic. 

    Never seen anything like it.
    How about wrapping your head around the fact that Kenny Williams is a total Reinsdorf creation and still has a job where he spends Reinsdorf's millions on STIFFS.
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:08 pm

    I agree. All you're saying is Reinsdorf placed his trust, confidence and, yeah, money, in incompetents like Kenny Williams. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. It's a circus and ultimately the responsibility falls on Uncle Jerry for surrounding himself with these clowns. But you make it sound like he intended to blow these millions on purpose which, of course, is bullshit.
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:01 am

    I never said he INTENDS TO BLOW MILLIONS.  EVER.  I have said many times he surrounds himself with ass kissing incompetents and that makes him a fucking creep.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2370
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:19 am

    Cream1953 wrote:I agree. All you're saying is Reinsdorf placed his trust, confidence and, yeah, money, in incompetents like Kenny Williams. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. It's a circus and ultimately the responsibility falls on Uncle Jerry for surrounding himself with these clowns. But you make it sound like he intended to blow these millions on purpose which, of course, is bullshit.

    It's not so much that the Sox chose the wrong players this offseason. Most free agents are bad gambles because they're past-prime 30 + year olds who get way overpaid for past accomplishments they won't duplicate after signing with a new club. Sox were forced into the FA market because a weak farm system couldn't deliver decent major leaguers.
    Of course nobody put a gun to the Sox's head and forced them to pursue win-now in 2015. They could have done what the Cubs did - endure a few years of non-contention to keep building with youth. But Kenny undoubtedly convinced Reinsdorf that two losing seasons were enough and win-now was the way to go. Despite the fact that the Sox had too many offensive holes to plug and the fact that free agency wasn't going to offer enough decent solutions.




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 pm

    The KARK has a hard time agreeing with Roger's assessment.



    I don't have the data, but my gut tells me that even when the Sox have had less than mediocre offense, they were capable of scoring more than 1 run a quarter of the time.



    So far this year, the Sox have scored 1 or less runs with the same frequency they have scored 5 or more.



    The real plan was that the 2015 White Sox would have quality pitching staff carry a lineup that would just slightly below average.  A very reasonable plan that could have worked.



    The reality of 2015 is that the lineup is historically bad.  Sure we all saw quite a number of holes in the lineup, but nobody saw a lineup where everybody but Abreau would have an OPS under 700.  So again, the White Sox DID have a very reasonable plan of attack for 2015.  But the games are played on the field, not on some computer.  So sometimes even a clearly superior team, like the 2015 White Sox should be, get Austin Peed
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2370
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 pm

    Sure we all saw quite a number of holes in the lineup, but nobody saw a lineup where everybody but Abreau would have an OPS under 700.  So again, the White Sox DID have a very reasonable plan of attack for 2015.  But the games are played on the field, not on some computer.  So sometimes even a clearly superior team, like the 2015 White Sox should be, get Austin Peed>>>
    Technically Eaton is also over the 700 mark (barely) but your point is taken. Sure, if things had gone the way the Sox were wishing and hoping,.the plan might have worked.  But how reasonable were the hopes ?  I don't think the story is just about the Sox's bad luck.  It's hoping that Abreu and Eaton who both busted out in 2014 would stay there.  It's thinking that  throwing a bunch of scrubs at 2b, 3b and Catcher was an answer.  It's believing that RF was "solved" because Garcia was finally healthy despite the fact that he's an undisciplined hacker with bad defense and low power for a corner guy.  Finally, it's believing that LaRoche with a career 805 OPS was a real upgrade over Dunn's 773 last year.  Or that Melky, whose only value comes from hitting .300, would do it again even though he's only done it once while off the juice.
    Yeah, the pitching is better but it needed to get a whole, whole lot better with this offense. You can only expect so much from Sale or Quintana.  And Robertson, good as closer as he is, can't win games where the offense doesn't score.  Rodon is not totally major league ready. Samardzija didn't quite live up to the hype and Danks and Noesi just plain suck.  It's another Kenny Williams-style win-now patch job that just didn't patch.
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 pm

    Frank, for years I have enjoyed the people at the Park and even most at the Fanboy meetings.  If this horseshit franchise could ever COMPETE for something it would make it more FUN.  That would mean WINNING GAMES.


    How much White Sox talk did we engage in at Nomadsfest?  Not much.


    With age comes some wisdom.


    The White Sox are an entertainment product that does not entertain.


    The idea that somehow the fan is connected to the billionaire owners and the millionaire players is ridiculous.  Hawk Harrelson is PAID to act like a raving lunatic.  What does THE SELF IMPORTANT FAN actually get out of the deal if the team sucks?


    This is what it is.  An annual disappointment.  Dull and Boring.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 pm

    TeleFrank wrote:As you all know I grew up close to Wrigley. So there was often years where I saw more games there than at Comiskey. That's what made visits to Comiskey so very special. The el ride on the Howard line and the walk from State St. to the ballpark. The sight of the ball park as I walked out from the train bridge just east of the Ryan. It was always a special trip. Trips I treasured. It's a feeling that I'm sure many of you can write your own version of. 


    At one of those special games the adults who had taken me to the game decided to leave early to avoid the rush. Now you have to know that this was sometime in the 60's when the Sox had an exploding scoreboard but no homer threats at all. So that scoreboard going off was really something special to this kid from Uptown. Well as we were about to cross Wentworth the score board went off and the Sox I was to find out later had comeback and won the game. By the way I have no idea who, hit it or who they were playing. But it upset me so much that I swore that day that I would never leave a game before the last out, regardless of the outcome.


    Over the years I was tested, by friends who were not big ball fans, by girlfriends who were long since bored and a brother-in-law who would leave after the third if he thought he could make better time home. Pat, my wife had to listen to the fireworks story so she gave up pretty quickly. Mom who was the reason I am a Sox fan didn't object, she loved going to Comiskey as well. My sons also heard the story and would learn to sit with me.


    2015. Sox have put together a team that from the very day they started showing off the new boys to the press in the pre-season just didn't do anything for me. Yet I read in pretty much every media I frequent that the Sox were going to be a team to deal with, I didn't get it. Something inside me failed to accept this. Hawk came out saying that he had agreed to work less games this year because of his age. But even he announced he was going to do a full season because he thought this team was going to be something to watch. I turned down opening day tickets from John and only planned on attending the Konerko retirement and Nomadsfest.


    Well we all know how this team has turned out. I get daily updates on the uselessness of the team from my good pal Bobby, on this site and on Facebook. My gut feeling was very right.


    Last weekend I was in the strange position of having Nomadsfest to attend, I wouldn't miss that. But I also had free tickets that my wife obtained for Sunday's game. So here in a season I'd never really cared about I was going to attend two games in a row. But that's not really the reason for this essay.


    On Saturday and Sunday weather was a big issue. Saturday had heat and rain and thunder storms. Sunday just heat. But inside me I sat there on Saturday watching a much better team jump on the Sox was a feeling of no emotion, no thought that they might win. On Sunday I saw them do the same thing to the Sox's best pitcher Sale. I just sat there knowing that the Sox were not going to do anything offensively. And I was right. But here's the part that is the reason for this essay. I left early from both games. On Saturday after hearing thunder I left somewhere around the 6th. On Sunday I left earlier, the fifth. It was damn hot ! Made good time getting home, my brother-in-law would have been proud. Saturday I arrived home and was surprised to hear that the game was still going on. But even though they game went into extra innings the result of both days was the same. A lose.


    Bob and I often ride the people on SFOD's Facebook page that get all rah, rah about the Sox. But by now I just scroll past Bob's daily updates about how management sucks. Who cares anymore. What's the point of really wasting any time on a team that can't score runs. I'm still and will always be a Sox fan, but this years team has made me not care enough to really keep up with them. Plus the media who was writing and telling me that the 2015 team was going to be a force to deal with has shifted into telling the Sox who they should trade. So even if I wanted to read about the games, pretty much all I will find is trade talk, and I hate trade talk. 


    So blame it on age, blame it on the knowledge of age but this years team has spoiled baseball for me this year. I'm sure I'll watch a few innings on those nights when there is really nothing on. I will go thru the Trib's Sports page pretty quickly till the Hawks start training. The Bears? Who knows with those shitheads. Lovey Smith ruined the Bears for me and they will have to earn me back by playing some good ball. Then there will come spring and it will start all over again. I hope that I will have something to look forward to in 2016. But I'm sure Bob will tell us all that this won't happen unless the earth opens up and swallows the entire Sox management. 


    Go Sox, please go away quickly. The 2015 team that is.  
    Nice piece Frank ...but I think you just learned what your parents, who took you home early, knew. That in reality, the Sox, and any sport really, on the list of things that are important in life, are just below the taking of a great poop
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 am

    BRAVO!!!  Exactly correct.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 am

    Technically Eaton is also over the 700 mark (barely) but your point is taken. Sure, if things had gone the way the Sox were wishing and hoping,.the plan might have worked.  But how reasonable were the hopes ? 

    *********************************************

    Was it unreasonable to think Beckham to hit 220?
    Was it unreasonable to think LaRouche to hit 240?
    Was it unreasonable to think Ramirez to hit 260?

    And what about your boy Eaton?!?!?!?!??!

    A reasonable person already knew the offense was below average, but below average offense has won it all before.

    To put it in terms Kevin can understand, the problem isn't that the C- student is now getting all D's.  The C- student is now flunking every class because ditching school to go smoke pot with the ROBZ freedom fighters
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2370
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by rmapasad on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:33 pm

    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:********************************************
    Was it unreasonable to think Beckham to hit 220?
    Was it unreasonable to think LaRouche to hit 240?
    Was it unreasonable to think Ramirez to hit 260?

    And what about your boy Eaton?!?!?!?!??!

    A reasonable person already knew the offense was below average, but below average offense has won it all before.

    To put it in terms Kevin can understand, the problem isn't that the C- student is now getting all D's.  The C- student is now flunking every class because ditching school to go smoke pot with the ROBZ freedom fighters

    1- Agree- Sox won in 2005 with a C- offense. 
    2 -Agree - almost to a man, the 2015 offense has underperformed. Abreu was an A last year, now he's a B, Eaton was a B, now a C. Guys who were supposed to be decent have sucked (Cabrera, LaRoche)  Guys who were supposed to suck have sucked even more (Gillaspie, Beckham, Bonifacio, Sanchez, Flowers,etc).
    3 - in 2005 the Sox got pleasant surprises across the board - 2015 it's bad news everywhere.

    But the 2005 team also had a stronger foundation going in (83 wins the prior yr) than this yr's team (73 wins last yr).  2015 team needed to improve a lot more than did the  2005 club to be a real contender and 2015 squad also didn't have to fall nearly as far to be a bad team.
     



    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:02 pm

    1- Agree- Sox won in 2005 with a C- offense. 
    ************************************
    Don't recall saying this.  My comment about below average offenses winning in the past referred to baseball in general.

    Now that I think of it, I can't think of any regular that was C- that year, but whatever.....



    Anyway, expect more of the same this winter.  Hope Hahn has the balls to make Cabera and LaRouche the 2 most expensive pinch hitters ever.

    and lets not forget even year magic!!!!!!!!


    BELIEVE!!!!!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:13 pm

    Nice piece Frank ...but I think you just learned what your parents, who took you home early, knew. That in reality, the Sox, and any sport really, on the list of things that are important in life, are just below the taking of a great poop
    *************************************************

    YOUR FULL OF BEANS SHARPY!!!!!!!!!

    EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD HAS HELD IT UNTIL THE COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!!!

    THAT MEANS THE WHITE SOX ARE SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN A GREAT BIG POOP!!!!!!


    PS, CONGRATS TO FRANK FOR FINALLY OVER COMING THIS CHILDHOOD TRAUMA.  WHAT DID IT TAKE, 50 YEARS?!?!?!??!?!

    BUT HEY, AT LEAST YOU MADE IT AND THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

    I ONE THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOU SEEM TO TAKE PRIDE IN RIDING THE RAH RAH FANBOY, YET THIS PAINFULLY LONG AND TEDIOUS TERM PAPER OF YOURS MAKES YOU SOUND NO DIFFERENT.  SO JUST WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE HOW PEOPLE SHOULD ROOT FOR THE WHITE SOX.

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:31 pm

    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD HAS HELD IT UNTIL THE COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!!!

    THAT MEANS THE WHITE SOX ARE SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN A GREAT BIG POOP!!!!!!



    It all depends, Kark.  If it's one of those wet poops, it's probably better to rush to your Limbaugh autographed toilet than to soil your Palin designer panties. Smile

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:48 am

    SOUNDS LIKE MART HAS RAPPED THE TIN FOIL ON HIS HEAD A LITTLE TOO TIGHT THIS EVENING.
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 am

    I root for the White Sox with my pants around my ankles!!


    BELIEVE!!!
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7307
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:00 pm

    Gordon Beckham wrote:I root for the White Sox with my pants around my ankles!!


    You too?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Changing my ways?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 am