Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

WTF???????

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

WTF???????

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:47 pm

So I thought I might catch the All-Star Game tonight....after a 12 hour day I could use some brain dead entertainment. So I ask a co-worker what time this thing started. She told me 7 pm eastern time as she looked it up on her phone. As I thought about it I also recalled seeing it posted online a few days ago...again 7pm EST. I figured all the pre-game bullshit would be over by 7 and the first pitch might be thrown around 7:15 or so. No problem....I can handle that. 

So I put it on the station just before 7. They weren't anywhere NEAR starting the thing. So i checked back a half hour later....they're still jerking off in the pre-game show. 8 o'clock....self-serving baseball advertising and shilling for upcoming Fox shows. Flip stations and come back about 8:15....just starting the national anthem. I left the room for a bit and come back at 8:30....15 fucking minutes AFTER the national anthem....and STILL no baseball. Are you fucking kidding me????? 

I'm done. I'm watching Big Bang Theory reruns and they can take their stupid and overblown all-star game and stuff it up their ass. I'll check out the score online later.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: WTF???????

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:19 pm

That DeGrom dude on the Mets has some of the nastiest shit I've seen a pitcher throw in my lifetime.  Holy shit.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:13 am

Cream1953 wrote:So I thought I might catch the All-Star Game tonight....after a 12 hour day I could use some brain dead entertainment. So I ask a co-worker what time this thing started. She told me 7 pm eastern time as she looked it up on her phone. As I thought about it I also recalled seeing it posted online a few days ago...again 7pm EST. I figured all the pre-game bullshit would be over by 7 and the first pitch might be thrown around 7:15 or so. No problem....I can handle that. 

So I put it on the station just before 7. They weren't anywhere NEAR starting the thing. So i checked back a half hour later....they're still jerking off in the pre-game show. 8 o'clock....self-serving baseball advertising and shilling for upcoming Fox shows. Flip stations and come back about 8:15....just starting the national anthem. I left the room for a bit and come back at 8:30....15 fucking minutes AFTER the national anthem....and STILL no baseball. Are you fucking kidding me????? 

I'm done. I'm watching Big Bang Theory reruns and they can take their stupid and overblown all-star game and stuff it up their ass. I'll check out the score online later.

I got home at about 7:35 from a park district meeting, expecting the 2nd inning. Nope, I caught Mike Trout's leadoff home run.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm so sick and tired of all the pre-game overhype bullshit and advertising. It's why I haven't watched a Super Bowl in years. When I was younger I might have rolled with it. Not anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm