Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

This guys a genius

TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

This guys a genius

Post by TeleFrank on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:10 am

A genius who has stolen the Young Millionaires theory without knowing it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/ct-white-sox-robin-ventura-rosenbloom-20150629-column.html

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: This guys a genius

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:39 am

TeleFrank wrote:A genius who has stolen the Young Millionaires theory without knowing it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/ct-white-sox-robin-ventura-rosenbloom-20150629-column.html

On the surface, Rosenbloom is trying to defend Ventura; but his article actually indicts him.  Sure, we know that the Sox stink.  They are a much worse team on the field than they are on paper.  Yet, Rosenbloom points out that Ventura is reluctant to bring down "the hammer" on lousy performances.  Then a few paragraphs later, he starts with "If I'm Ventura" and proceeds to say how he would make the players bust their asses by going thru pregame defensive drills.

That gets to the main complaint that I have about Ventura.  He seems too lackadaisical, too laid-back, willing to let crappy play slide by like he doesn't really give a damn.  And that's basically what Rosenbloom is saying - and that's why Ventura must go!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:28 am

Kenny is very pleased with Robin. That's all that really matters. It's all sunshine and balloons on this team. flower

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Kenny is very pleased with Robin. That's all that really matters. It's all sunshine and balloons on this team. flower

2 California Valley Boys sharing a bong and ho-humming their way thru life.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Rosenbloom a long time critic of Chairman.
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Freaking amazing. This guy uses the Young Millionaires Theory and I can't get any love ? 
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:40 pm

No, Frank!!!

This group of Young Millionaires is just too brutal.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 am

TeleFrank wrote:Freaking amazing. This guy uses the Young Millionaires Theory and I can't get any love ? 

It's both the young and older millionaires.  I count 17 guys who aren't performing to last year's levels, and most of them are significantly below.   Only 2 guys are better than last year (Soto and Webb) and they're bit players.  Only 2 guys (Sale and Robertson) are as good as last year.. I don't know of any other team in baseball with such an epidemic of under-performance.. How can so many guys go into the tank all at once without it being the fault of people who are in charge of day-to-day performance ?  That would be the Managers and Coaches.
    Good organizations do not sit on their hands and make excuses.  Maybe getting rid of Ventura is no more than a symbolic gesture.  But some sort of gesture is called for.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:54 am

TeleFrank wrote:Freaking amazing. This guy uses the Young Millionaires Theory and I can't get any love ? 

Frank, it doesn't seem to be a case of either players or management.  It's both.  There is enough "stink" in this organization to be amply spread around.

I've often used the proverb that "a fish rots from the head down", but Reinsdorf isn't likely to relinquish his grip on the Sox until he croaks.  And given that the "good die young", he'll probably outlive us all.

The Sox brought in a lot of new players last winter, but that didn't seem to work.  Why are almost all the players underperforming when compared to their past stats?  Firing Ventura would appear to be a logical next step.  Maybe replace the whole coaching staff by letting a new manager actual choose his own coaches.  KW wouldn't be missed either.

And yes, some (or many) of the players should also go.  There's a flower out here in Arizona called "Queen of the Night" as it only blooms one night a year.  The rest of the time it looks like an ugly dying weed.  Tyler Flowers appears to have had his once annual bloom last night.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 am

Tyler Flowers appears to have had his once annual bloom last night.

You're too generous. Let's not forget that this worthless stiff earlier struck out with the bases loaded and NOBODY out for what seems the umpteenth time this year. Struck out swinging on a pitch at least half a foot inside. Way to go dickhead...it's not like the advantage was yours or anything like that. I swear, when Flowers steps to the plate with the bases loaded the opposing pitcher can be seen giggling on the mound. They put up a stat when he stepped into the batter's box....for his career this fucker is 2-30ish when the bases are loaded! You can't make this shit up. The man really knows how to step into a clutch situation. Mad
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Tyler Flowers appears to have had his once annual bloom last night.

You're too generous. Let's not forget that this worthless stiff earlier struck out with the bases loaded and NOBODY out for what seems the umpteenth time this year. Struck out swinging on a pitch at least half a foot inside. Way to go dickhead...it's not like the advantage was yours or anything like that. I swear, when Flowers steps to the plate with the bases loaded the opposing pitcher can be seen giggling on the mound. They put up a stat when he stepped into the batter's box....for his career this fucker is 2-30ish when the bases are loaded! You can't make this shit up. The man really knows how to step into a clutch situation. Mad

I generally don't believe in the notion of "clutch hitters" or "clutch chokers".  Most hitters hit about  the same in clutch and non-clutch situations.   Flowers in fact has the same shitty .218 Bat Avg with Runners in Scoring Position as he does overall. 
    But with bases loaded, he is wierdly off the charts.  3 -30 career in that situation, and 19 strikeouts in 35 BL plate appearances.  That's insane.  Most guys hit better with bases loaded than normal and Strike out at their normal rate.  Flowers hits 118 pts below his career Avgs. and strikes out nearly twice as much with bases loaded... What a guy !!!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 pm

The guy must remind Kenny Williams of Johnny Bench.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:The guy must remind Kenny Williams of Johnny Bench.

When he's actually more like Johnny Benchwarmer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 pm