Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Ventura

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Ventura

Post by alohafri on Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 am

Anyone who has been dreaming of a Robin Ventura firing can put those dreams to rest as the Bulls just fired Thibodeau and there is no way Reinsdorf is going to pay for two out of work head coaches.

Re: Ventura

Post by Guest on Thu May 28, 2015 12:07 pm

So who is the guy in the Bulls' office that is an ex-player who has never coached that is bringing JR and Pax their donut and coffee?  There's the next head coach.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Chi-kid wrote:So who is the guy in the Bulls' office that is an ex-player who has never coached that is bringing JR and Pax their donut and coffee?  There's the next head coach.

David Haugh strongly feels it will be Fred Hoiberg.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Chi-kid wrote:So who is the guy in the Bulls' office that is an ex-player who has never coached that is bringing JR and Pax their donut and coffee?  There's the next head coach.

This sure gives credibility to those that say JR does not care about winning.  Thibs had an EXTREMELY good record, did he not?  And that with injuries to primary / key players the last 2-3 years.

The first year and a half after his injury, I was in Rose's corner.  But he became a soap opera drama the team did not need.  I wonder if Thibs advocated getting rid of him and the mgmt team would hear nothing of it.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu May 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Hopefully Jim Thome.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 28, 2015 12:53 pm

I don't follow the Bulls so if Reinsdorf cut their head coach's dick off...whomever he is...I couldn't care less. Same goes for all their players too for that matter. But I DO care about the White Sox and put me in the category that believes Ventura isn't immune from getting the axe. Yeah, he might be one of Jerry's kids and there is no doubt some kind of warped loyalty there. But when enough fans start staying away and the media starts ripping Ventura and upper management, Reinsdorf included, relentlessly and unmercifully there'll be a change. Maybe not yet this year but sooner or later. And let's not forget that votes of confidence usually represent the kiss of death.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Actually Kevin, I wouldn't mind seeing Thome give it a whirl. I'm not the "Big Jim" fan most people are...I think his salt of the earth reputation is overblown. As such, I think this is what might make him good managerial material. He's got a real passion for the game and I don't think he'll take any shit from anybody. When it comes to the deadbeat players on this team, give me a hot-head who isn't afraid to kick them in the ass.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Cream1953 wrote:I don't follow the Bulls so if Reinsdorf cut their head coach's dick off...whomever he is...I couldn't care less. Same goes for all their players too for that matter. But I DO care about the White Sox and put me in the category that believes Ventura isn't immune from getting the axe. Yeah, he might be one of Jerry's kids and there is no doubt some kind of warped loyalty there. But when enough fans start staying away and the media starts ripping Ventura and upper management, Reinsdorf included, relentlessly and unmercifully there'll be a change. Maybe not yet this year but sooner or later. And let's not forget that votes of confidence usually represent the kiss of death.

I'd rather shit with hemorrhoids than watch the NBA but I do hear on ESPN that Thibodeau will be coaching somewhere next year.  Thus, JR won't be paying unemployment checks for long.  Thus, Ventura's head won't be protected because of JRs reluctance to pay two unemployed checks.  Anyway, if they just stopped sending checks to Ventura, would he awaken enough to notice or respond?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 am