Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    White Flagging!!

    Share
    avatar
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2130
    Join date : 2012-04-30
    Location : Shooters Buffet with Howie!!

    White Flagging!!

    Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm

    Maybe they can get another bag of balls for Gordon!!!!!


    What can they get for Shark?


    Can they get a box of sunflower seeds for Gillaspie?


    Can they unload Cabrera???
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7173
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by alohafri on Mon May 25, 2015 5:10 pm

    Gordon Beckham wrote:Maybe they can get another bag of balls for Gordon!!!!!


    What can they get for Shark?


    Can they get a box of sunflower seeds for Gillaspie?


    Can they unload Cabrera???

    Sale, Abreu, Garcia, and Robinson are the only guys they have worth anything.
    avatar
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 161
    Join date : 2015-04-24

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Mon May 25, 2015 7:15 pm

    They have to start the Shark market NOW.


    Shark can bring a real return.  Ask the Cubs.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7173
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by alohafri on Tue May 26, 2015 6:49 am

    alohafri wrote:
    Sale, Abreu, Garcia, and Robinson are the only guys they have worth anything.

    Robertson, whatever. It doesn't matter. He'll never play again. No reason to have a closer when you score one run a game.
    avatar
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

    Posts : 382
    Join date : 2013-10-26
    Location : Any place I want to be

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Father of Satan on Tue May 26, 2015 7:06 am

    alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Sale, Abreu, Garcia, and Robinson are the only guys they have worth anything.

    Robertson, whatever. It doesn't matter. He'll never play again. No reason to have a closer when you score one run a game.

    You don't even know who you are trading, do you Kenny Williams? Hahahahaha!
    avatar
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 161
    Join date : 2015-04-24

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue May 26, 2015 7:58 am

    BELIEVE!!!


    After the White Flag proudly flies, the Sox can try Danks as a closer and give Gordon his shot at LF!!!!!
    avatar
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1688
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 69
    Location : Springfield

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Nomads44 on Tue May 26, 2015 11:52 am

    Father of Satan wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Sale, Abreu, Garcia, and Robinson are the only guys they have worth anything.

    Robertson, whatever. It doesn't matter. He'll never play again. No reason to have a closer when you score one run a game.

    You don't even know who you are trading, do you Kenny Williams? Hahahahaha!


    Maybe we needed Oral Roberts(on).
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by jaywit on Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm

    The most ridiculous aspect of the Sox in the JR era is the white flag trade.  So many years they should have white flagged and they don't.  The one year they choose to do so is when they're actually in a pennant race.  What a bunch of goofballs. 

    For me, the good will that was earned after the world series win gradually eroded starting in 2007 and was completely gone early in the 2014 season.  Now I don't give a rat's heinie about the Sox anymore.  I'm the fair weather fan that "true fans" call out and hate and that management from successful organizations covet.  When they actually win, I'll be back.  Until then I'm watching the Mariners--at least they know how to catch a baseball, have some interesting starting pitching, and they're close by.
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 64
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Cream1953 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:27 pm

      I'm the fair weather fan that "true fans" call out and hate and that management from successful organizations covet.  When they actually win, I'll be back


    ******************************************************************************************


    I saw you coming 5 miles away.  Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by jaywit on Tue May 26, 2015 6:29 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:  I'm the fair weather fan that "true fans" call out and hate and that management from successful organizations covet.  When they actually win, I'll be back


    ******************************************************************************************


    I saw you coming 5 miles away.  Evil or Very Mad

    More like 5 years away.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm

    If the Sox are in White Flag mode, they need to seriously consider trading Sale

    PRO:
    1) Young and under a favorable contract which means he just might have the highest trade value of any Sox player
    2) Being an Ace caliber pitchers means he just might be the most coveted player in this July's trade market
    3) He is healthy now, but has always been considered fragile.  The time to trade him is during a time when his health isn't considered a cause for concern.

    CON:
    1) Sale is exactly the type of pitcher the Sox will need when they build a contender.
    2) Dwindling fan base will not appreciate a fire sale

    REBUTTAL:
    1)  Just how are the Sox going to build a contender?  Do the Sox have any prospect that are considered a future All-Star at the plate?  The Sox have never ever been able to buy a lineup.  But  couple times, they were able to grow one.  Sale should be able to land at least 2 blue chip hitting prospect
    2)  The fans hate the team already.  They won't be back until the team constantly starts winning.  the names of the players won't matter, and with few exceptions never have

    WHAT SHOULD THEY TRADE FOR:
    Since Abreau is the only hitter worth a damn in the lineup, and he can DH, I'd say all positions are open.
    avatar
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

    Posts : 161
    Join date : 2015-04-24

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 pm

    jaywit wrote:The most ridiculous aspect of the Sox in the JR era is the white flag trade.  So many years they should have white flagged and they don't.  The one year they choose to do so is when they're actually in a pennant race.  What a bunch of goofballs. 

    For me, the good will that was earned after the world series win gradually eroded starting in 2007 and was completely gone early in the 2014 season.  Now I don't give a rat's heinie about the Sox anymore.  I'm the fair weather fan that "true fans" call out and hate and that management from successful organizations covet.  When they actually win, I'll be back.  Until then I'm watching the Mariners--at least they know how to catch a baseball, have some interesting starting pitching, and they're close by.
    FUCK TRUE FANS!!!!!  Self important douchebags, usually with little or no life.
    This is entertainment.  Since 2008 it has been a steaming pile of shit.
    People wondered why I would go to tailgates and not go in the ballpark!!!!!
    Do I want to pay $9.00 per beer to sit and watch ADAM DUNN?  TANK?
    Why waste time playing what if and other ridiculous make believe waste of time conversations with TRUE FANS when I can walk over to Shinnicks and get real beer and converse with the Bridgeport crowd?
    We can not control Reinsdorf's operation of his BUSINESS.
    I HOPE THEY LOSE AND LOSE OFTEN.


    End the WIN NOW IDIOCY.  Get a top 3 draft pick again.


    I AM TIRED OF THE MELKYS AND LaOafs.  Come here and sucK.


    The biggest load of crap is Sox fans won't tolerate rebuilding.
    Attendance dropping 8 straight years of WIN NOW!!!
    NOBODY GIVES A FUCK.  NOBODY WATCHES ON TV.


    WIN NOW without spending huge $$$$$$$$ is for CHUMPS!!!  SUCKERS!!!!  BELIEVERS!!!!
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2506
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by rmapasad on Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm

    WIN NOW without spending huge $$$$$$$$ is for CHUMPS!!!  SUCKERS!!!!  BELIEVERS!!!!

    Bottom line is that Reinsdorf opened up the pocketbook by his standards, although at $ 115 mil the Sox's payroll is still about $ 10 mil below the major league average.  Still $ 50 million + below the big boys like Giants, Tigers, Dodgers, Yankees.  Unless a team has a good farm system like Cardinals or Royals spending $ 100 - 120 mil doesn't make you a contender.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1029
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu May 28, 2015 6:15 am

    This is an annual farce.  A waste of time.


    These people are too dumb to sell hope.  Sell the future.


    People have lost interest for good reason.


    The Tribune does not own the Cubs anymore.


    The White Sox are about to lose another GENERATION of fans.


    Nobody should care!!!
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2506
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by rmapasad on Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 pm

    This is an annual farce. A waste of time.

    Hahn and even Reinsdorf (by spending more) tried to improve the team over the offseason. But the club is performing like crap. Three pitchers have ERA's 1 pt higher than last year and Sale's is 2 pts higher. 8 of the 9 hitters are at least 70 pts worse in OPS than last year. When nearly everyone is failing to perform like they should, the Manager has to take the rap. Ventura may have not had the horses in 2013 or 2014, but that's not an excuse now. Management did as much as reasonably could be expected over the offseason. The only move they can and must now make in order to show they mean business is to fire Ventura and soon. If there is anything to salvage from this season it has to be done now.






    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7173
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by alohafri on Thu May 28, 2015 1:24 pm

    rmapasad wrote:This is an annual farce.  A waste of time.

    Hahn and even Reinsdorf (by spending more) tried to improve the team over the offseason.   But the club is performing like crap. Three pitchers have ERA's 1 pt higher than last year and Sale's is 2 pts higher. 8 of the 9 hitters are at least 70 pts worse in OPS than last year.   When nearly everyone is failing to perform like they should, the Manager has to take the rap.  Ventura may have not had the horses in 2013 or 2014, but that's not an excuse now.   Management did as much as reasonably could be expected over the offseason.   The only move they can and must now make in order to show they mean business is to fire Ventura and soon.  If there is anything to salvage from this season it has to be done now.







    Sale's upped ERA is the result of one game. He has been on a steady ERA decline ever since.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by jaywit on Thu May 28, 2015 1:42 pm

    Chairman Reinsdorf wrote:
    jaywit wrote:The most ridiculous aspect of the Sox in the JR era is the white flag trade.  So many years they should have white flagged and they don't.  The one year they choose to do so is when they're actually in a pennant race.  What a bunch of goofballs. 

    For me, the good will that was earned after the world series win gradually eroded starting in 2007 and was completely gone early in the 2014 season.  Now I don't give a rat's heinie about the Sox anymore.  I'm the fair weather fan that "true fans" call out and hate and that management from successful organizations covet.  When they actually win, I'll be back.  Until then I'm watching the Mariners--at least they know how to catch a baseball, have some interesting starting pitching, and they're close by.
    FUCK TRUE FANS!!!!!  Self important douchebags, usually with little or no life.
    This is entertainment.  Since 2008 it has been a steaming pile of shit.
    People wondered why I would go to tailgates and not go in the ballpark!!!!!
    Do I want to pay $9.00 per beer to sit and watch ADAM DUNN?  TANK?
    Why waste time playing what if and other ridiculous make believe waste of time conversations with TRUE FANS when I can walk over to Shinnicks and get real beer and converse with the Bridgeport crowd?
    We can not control Reinsdorf's operation of his BUSINESS.
    I HOPE THEY LOSE AND LOSE OFTEN.


    End the WIN NOW IDIOCY.  Get a top 3 draft pick again.


    I AM TIRED OF THE MELKYS AND LaOafs.  Come here and sucK.


    The biggest load of crap is Sox fans won't tolerate rebuilding.
    Attendance dropping 8 straight years of WIN NOW!!!
    NOBODY GIVES A FUCK.  NOBODY WATCHES ON TV.


    WIN NOW without spending huge $$$$$$$$ is for CHUMPS!!!  SUCKERS!!!!  BELIEVERS!!!!

    I'm going to go out on a limb, and excuse me for being blunt and crass, but I'm getting the vague feeling that JR is getting under your skin.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1029
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu May 28, 2015 2:26 pm

    Check out how he threw the fired Bulls coach under the bus.


    Reinsdorf is an asshole of the first degree.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1029
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu May 28, 2015 2:29 pm

    Jay, for years I wanted Reinsdorf to prove me dead wrong.  That he cared about us chumps who buy tickets.  That winning really is important to him.


    Has not happened.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2506
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by rmapasad on Thu May 28, 2015 4:07 pm

    Jay, for years I wanted Reinsdorf to prove me dead wrong.  That he cared about us chumps who buy tickets.  That winning really is important to him.  Has not happened. >
    Reinsdorf cares to the extent that excessive losing starts to hurt the bottom line.    Otherwise he's allowed both chaos and lethargy to afflict his organizations despite his statements about everyone being "on the same page."   He's given major responsibilities to people that other organizations would not hire for similar roles.  The few competent ones who are part of his circuses don't last.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by jaywit on Thu May 28, 2015 4:23 pm

    rmapasad wrote:Jay, for years I wanted Reinsdorf to prove me dead wrong.  That he cared about us chumps who buy tickets.  That winning really is important to him.  Has not happened. >
    Reinsdorf cares to the extent that excessive losing starts to hurt the bottom line.    Otherwise he's allowed both chaos and lethargy to afflict his organizations despite his statements about everyone being "on the same page."   He's given major responsibilities to people that other organizations would not hire for similar roles.  The few competent ones who are part of his circuses don't last.

    It's hard to argue with his results.  How much has the net worth of the Sox risen since he owned them?  Somewhere over 100x?  Success on the field is only weakly correlated with success to the bottom line.  What needs to happen to fix this in all sports, and will never happen, is to tightly tie remuneration with winning the championship, paying the chamions at the cost of all the losers.  Neither owners nor players will ever want this.
    avatar
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2506
    Join date : 2009-04-06
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by rmapasad on Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm

    It's hard to argue with his results.  How much has the net worth of the Sox risen since he owned them?  Somewhere over 100x?  Success on the field is only weakly correlated with success to the bottom line.  What needs to happen to fix this in all sports, and will never happen, is to tightly tie remuneration with winning the championship, paying the chamions at the cost of all the losers.  Neither owners nor players will ever want this.>>
    Reinsdorf's timing was perfect in buying both the Sox and Bulls in early 80's for a song.  Even an idiot owner like Frank McCourt made a billion dollar profit on a major market baseball franchise in the last decade. Not saying Reinsdorf hasn't been clever about his finances - he has been.  But to your point, it's not because he's increased the Sox's value due to the quality of the product he's fielding. 
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1029
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu May 28, 2015 6:45 pm

    The value of the Sox has risen with the value of all MLB teams.
    avatar
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1029
    Join date : 2014-06-13

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 pm

    No wonder Chairman is pissed....HE HAD TO EAT $9,000,000 to fire Thibs!!!


    What are the odds NOW that he would even consider FIRING Ventura?
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3603
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by jaywit on Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm

    Hawk Harrelson wrote:The value of the Sox has risen with the value of all MLB teams.

    Doesn't that tell you that all of the owners have more of an interest in advancing their sport as a whole than their team as an individual?  It's been far more lucrative to advance their sport than their team.  Most owners are just as successful running the Washington Generals as they are the Harlem Globetrotters. 

    No matter how it's occurred, JR has made a mint off his team and he has no reason for changing his style until the bottom line takes a significant hit. 

    Sponsored content

    Re: White Flagging!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:26 pm