Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Meet and Greet Rick Hahn

sox55
    Roof Shot

Meet and Greet Rick Hahn

Post by sox55 on Fri May 22, 2015 6:25 pm

I had the opportunity this past Tuesday to get to ask a question of Rick Hahn at the STH gathering at Sox Park.

My question to Rick was: 
    "Watching Micah Johnson play 2b since ST in 2014, I have to believe that he can't play the position, he can't make the pivot on DP's and the exchange is too slow. He DOES seem to be able to hit MLB pitching though, so,do you see him as an infielder or as some scouts have suggested, an outfielder when he returns to the Majors?"

Rick Hahn's explanation and response was about as honest as he could be with us.

He said:
     "Micha Johnson has improved BUT he will never be a Gordon Beckham defensively,his arm strength is not as good but in his defense, Micah has had 2 surgeries the past 2 years, so we (The Sox) will not make any changes to him the rest of THIS year and when he comes back in September, it will be as a 2nd baseman.
    It is VERY POSSIBLE though, that Micah Johnson ends up as an outfielder down the road".

Last edited by sox55 on Fri May 22, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Meet and Greet Rick Hahn

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 pm

sox55 wrote:I had the opportunity this past Tuesday to get to ask a question of Rick Haan at the STH gathering at Sox Park.

My question to Rick was: 
    "Watching Micah Johnson play 2b since ST in 2014, I have to believe that he can't play the position, he can't make the pivot on DP's and the exchange is too slow. He DOES seem to be able to hit MLB pitching though, so,do you see him as an infielder or as some scouts have suggested, an outfielder when he returns to the Majors?"

Rick Haan's explanation and response was about as honest as he could be with us.

He said:
     "Micha Johnson has improved BUT he will never be a Gordon Beckham defensively,his arm strength is not as good but in his defense, Micah has had 2 surgeries the past 2 years, so we (The Sox) will not make any changes to him the rest of THIS year and when he comes back in September, it will be as a 2nd baseman.
    It is VERY POSSIBLE though, that Micah Johnson ends up as an outfielder down the road".

That's what I feel about him, John.  He's a potential outfielder, but that would cut his value down quite a bit.  Right now he lacks the power for a corner outfielder.  Also, he's got to show more smarts, especially on the basepaths.  BTW, ex-Sox Marcus Semien is destined for the outfield too as soon as the A's figure out he's not a defensively sound infielder.  Semien, though, is a better player.  Too bad the Sox didn't trade Johnson instead of Semien, but then maybe Billy Beane insisted on Semien.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat May 23, 2015 6:47 am

DOWN WHAT ROAD????

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Last I checked, outfielders need to THROW!!!!

I can't wait for the STH gatherings that feature FREE BEER!!!!!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat May 23, 2015 9:17 am

Was Harvey there to ask Hahn about moving Gordon to Left Field?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat May 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:Was Harvey there to ask Hahn about moving Gordon to Left Field?

Nope, Murph was but didn't say a word.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Mon May 25, 2015 11:25 am

Your question was fair.  Murph does not need to open his mouth.  Hahn did this a few times last season.  30 minute pep talks for the customers.  Murph knows what it is.  Hahn sure as Hell is not going to tell fans anything that matters.  He is not going to tell people he is working the phones trying to acquire Player A & B for players C & D from team Y.

Waiting for the FREE BEER party is a lot more fun.

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 8:04 pm

270 worth of singles doesn't mean he can hit

Johnson is a pinch runner in the era of 8 mAn pens
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:24 pm

DAMN DAMN DAMN.....You missed your chance!!!

Question #1......"Are you a toady for Kenny Williams?"

Question #2....."Is it true that you are forbidden to speak with Chairman Reinsdorf about baseball matters and have to relay your concerns through your puppeteer, Kenny Williams"????

Question #3....."Please explain to us how the Hell this FUCKED UP Organization operates from Chairman on down.  Is it really as bad as it seems"????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:22 pm