Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

How in the hell...

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

How in the hell...

Post by Cream1953 on Fri May 15, 2015 10:40 pm

do you load the bases with NOBODY out, send 5 straight guys to the plate with the bases loaded and get 2....TWO...fucking base hits....and score only 2 goddam runs??? You can't make this shit up!! It's like this team is DELIBERATELY trying to suck! 

Then, right on schedule, this outfit turns into "team hackaway" and hasn't sniffed a run since. In the meantime they have let the Oakland pitcher totally off the hook. 

Welcome to White Sox baseball!

I recall a few weeks ago when Kansas City ultimately won the ball game against the Sox when they scored a runner from first base on a single!!!! Fucking White Sox can't score a runner from second base on a single. Scared baseball by "Team Pussy". 

I don't care if they win or lose tonight. They got me so goddam mad I shut the fucking game off after the 4th inning. 

No excuse for this bullshit.

Re: How in the hell...

Post by Guest on Sat May 16, 2015 7:16 am

Team pussy actually pulled one out

Looks like they are about ready to enter their team prick tease phase
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat May 16, 2015 9:04 am

Figures they won. Maybe I should turn off the game more often. Nonetheless, they still aren't going anywhere this year....not as long as they have this goofy chemistry that they do and Ventura is the skipper.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat May 16, 2015 9:42 am

How many seasons as a Sox fan have we approached in March expecting good things?  5?

This is an organization that squandered away the best years of the career of one Frank Thomas.

I see magnificent Gillaspie added another error last night.

Be nice if they played sound fundamental baseball once per decade.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat May 16, 2015 10:32 am

Thing is, if I recall correctly, Ventura was actually a very decent defensive player and fundamentally sound. You would think he would at least stress and teach strong fundamentals with any team he ran.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat May 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Thing is, if I recall correctly, Ventura was actually a very decent defensive player and fundamentally sound. You would think he would at least stress and teach strong fundamentals with any team he ran.

If Ventura felt that his job was in jeopardy, he might actually give a hoot.  But as it stands now, why should he care?  Win or lose, he'll still be spitting his sunflower seeds in the dugout with a distant whimsical look on his face.

The big question is whether he'll blow out the bullpen by August 1st.

Post by Guest on Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 am

Cream1953 wrote:Thing is, if I recall correctly, Ventura was actually a very decent defensive player and fundamentally sound. You would think he would at least stress and teach strong fundamentals with any team he ran.

Not only that Cream, but I recall that the 2012 Sox where able to pretend much of the year because they played sound fundamental baseball.

Had to be a fluke because it was forgotten the next year.

As to Rosebol's point, April continues to be the harbinger of the rest of the season. Only diferrence now is the 2nd wildcard where in theory, the Sox havethe pitching where they can get lucky and ride a wave of Sale and Samardjza and the rest. However, that would require Cooper to ride the hot hand and throw pitch counts and the lefty righty nonsense in the toilet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:42 am