Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Things are looking up

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Re: Things are looking up

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Kark, just fucking relax and figure out what the fuck is really bothering you and do something about it.

I am no psychologist, but I sure as shit know that Rob is not bothering you, Roger is not bothering you, Eaton's contract has NOT ONE FUCKING THING TO DO WITH REAL LIFE, The White Sox are the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS and unimportant in the real world.

This board has great posters who are a lot of fun, and SMART.  Not blithering idiots trying to be the Sox radio announcer or calling the Sox WE, US AND OUR.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!

LAUGH AT THIS SHIT LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN WE WOULD LIGHT UP THE INDIANS BOARD AND THE CUBS BOARD JUST FOR SNICKS!!!

REMEMBER YOUR OWN GOLDEN RULE....The Sox won a World Series and the only thing the paying customer got for free was CONFETTI OFF THE STREET!!

You have been one of the funniest posters here over a long period of time.

I can see coming here to vent and blow off steam, I have done it.  

GET YOUR WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOR BACK!!!

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF REINSDORF IS GIVING 35 YEAR CONTRACTS??

WHO FUCKING CARES???

THIS IS BULLSHIT IN THE REAL WORLD.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue May 19, 2015 1:39 am

Cream1953 wrote:Nice to see you Roger. So who's the lovely lady in the pic?

My better half.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue May 19, 2015 6:22 am

I figured as much but you never want to say anything until you know for sure. At any rate, I crunched some numbers which, by my calculations, informed me that it's a 99.57848% certainty that you married up. And before you even ask, I took all variables into consideration geek
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue May 19, 2015 8:53 am

But what about EATON????
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:But what about EATON????

He's up to .233. tongue
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue May 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:But what about EATON????
    Like that topic hasn't been covered enough already ?  Smile

Post by Guest on Tue May 19, 2015 1:53 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Excuse me frank and Cream, but Roger didn't simply express a different opinion on the Eaton extension, he blatantly invented numbers and tried to pass them off as fact and it was Roger that threw the damn hissy fit when I pointed out that his analysis was invented data

BTW, I don't recall either of you agreeing with his $20mil savings nonsense at the time.  And Frank, if he was so knowledgeable about contracts how come he never explained why Eaton didn't wait a year to sign for 50% more?  Gee, I would think a question like that would have jumped into the mind of a qualified attorney

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You do realize that Roger was giving his OPINION on the Eaton contract, don't you?

YOU DO REALIZE THAT HIS OPINION WAS BASED OFF NUMBERS HE PLUCKED OUT OF THIN AIR DONTCHA?

He gave his opinion and then proceeded to say Why he felt that way

NO, HE SIMPLY INVENTED NUMBERS BUT GAVE THE IMPRESSION THEY WERE BASED ON SOME SORT OF ANALYSIS

and gave his reasons of what the scenario would be if Eaton had the same numbers or better than last year.

AND WHEN HE FINALLY TRIED TO PRESENT REAL DATA, IT DIDN'T COME CLOSE TO MATCHING HIS ORIGINAL CONCLUSION

Nobody got the impression that this was a given-for chrissakes, he was talking about the FUTURE!!

ROGER STATED AT LEAST 3 TIMES THAT SIGNING EATON WAS A MUST.  MAYBE YOU NEED TO RE-READ THE THREAD SINCE YOU APPEAR TO MIS-REMEMBER WHAT WAS ACTUALLY POSTED

You proceeded to disagree with his opinion-as is your right,

I DID NOT DISAGREE WITH HIS OPINION.  I STATED HIS OPINION WAS BASED ON MADE UP DATA.  TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

and then rapidly degenerated into name calling.

YES, ROGER DID DO THIS INSTEAD OF ADMITTING HE COMPLETELY INVENTED HIS NUMBERS IN ORDERR TO JUSTIFY HIS PRE-DETERMINED CONCLUSION

As an aside, I see that Eaton is doing slightly better than he was so I guess the jury is out on Roger's speculation- even if it is different than yours!

AND NOW HERE YOU GO COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING WHAT I POSTED IN THE THREAD.

My main premisis was that Eaton only has 2 years of service time and there was no need to lock him up long term.  If roger simply disagreed with that fine.  But he went well beyond that.  He insisted that Eaton was a must sign now and that signing him saved the Sox $20+ million.  An absolutely absurd conclusion which will become very obvious this winter when no player with a similar amount of service time and production will be signing 7 year deals around $65mil.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue May 19, 2015 2:24 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Excuse me frank and Cream, but Roger didn't simply express a different opinion on the Eaton extension, he blatantly invented numbers and tried to pass them off as fact and it was Roger that threw the damn hissy fit when I pointed out that his analysis was invented data

BTW, I don't recall either of you agreeing with his $20mil savings nonsense at the time.  And Frank, if he was so knowledgeable about contracts how come he never explained why Eaton didn't wait a year to sign for 50% more?  Gee, I would think a question like that would have jumped into the mind of a qualified attorney

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You do realize that Roger was giving his OPINION on the Eaton contract, don't you?

YOU DO REALIZE THAT HIS OPINION WAS BASED OFF NUMBERS HE PLUCKED OUT OF THIN AIR DONTCHA?

He gave his opinion and then proceeded to say Why he felt that way

NO, HE SIMPLY INVENTED NUMBERS BUT GAVE THE IMPRESSION THEY WERE BASED ON SOME SORT OF ANALYSIS

and gave his reasons of what the scenario would be if Eaton had the same numbers or better than last year.

AND WHEN HE FINALLY TRIED TO PRESENT REAL DATA, IT DIDN'T COME CLOSE TO MATCHING HIS ORIGINAL CONCLUSION

Nobody got the impression that this was a given-for chrissakes, he was talking about the FUTURE!!

ROGER STATED AT LEAST 3 TIMES THAT SIGNING EATON WAS A MUST.  MAYBE YOU NEED TO RE-READ THE THREAD SINCE YOU APPEAR TO MIS-REMEMBER WHAT WAS ACTUALLY POSTED

You proceeded to disagree with his opinion-as is your right,

I DID NOT DISAGREE WITH HIS OPINION.  I STATED HIS OPINION WAS BASED ON MADE UP DATA.  TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

and then rapidly degenerated into name calling.

YES, ROGER DID DO THIS INSTEAD OF ADMITTING HE COMPLETELY INVENTED HIS NUMBERS IN ORDERR TO JUSTIFY HIS PRE-DETERMINED CONCLUSION

As an aside, I see that Eaton is doing slightly better than he was so I guess the jury is out on Roger's speculation- even if it is different than yours!

AND NOW HERE YOU GO COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING WHAT I POSTED IN THE THREAD.

My main premisis was that Eaton only has 2 years of service time and there was no need to lock him up long term.  If roger simply disagreed with that fine.  But he went well beyond that.  He insisted that Eaton was a must sign now and that signing him saved the Sox $20+ million.  An absolutely absurd conclusion which will become very obvious this winter when no player with a similar amount of service time and production will be signing 7 year deals around $65mil.

And the reason it wasn't an opinion is because he didn't say "I think' or "it's my opinion"
    And I would venture to guess that most of this board would consider
    "Eaton was a must sign now and that signing him saved the Sox $20+ million" was Roger's personal opinion based on his analysis.
    Don't you state YOUR opinions as positive statements. Hell, on the Blago thread you put them down as if they were given by GOD straight to you and Rush-and that they are not debatable.

"An absolutely absurd conclusion which will become very obvious this winter when no player with a similar amount of service time and production will be signing 7 year deals around $65mil."

IS THE ABOVE AN ABSOLUTE FACT-OR IS IT YOUR OPINION???

Post by Guest on Tue May 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Kark, just fucking relax and figure out what the fuck is really bothering you and do something about it.

THIS IS HOW I RELAX!!!!!!!!

I am no psychologist, but I sure as shit know that Rob is not bothering you, Roger is not bothering you,

THE WAY THESE TWO GET AWAY WITH JUST INVENTING CRAP ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!!

Eaton's contract has NOT ONE FUCKING THING TO DO WITH REAL LIFE, The White Sox are the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS and unimportant in the real world.

This board has great posters who are a lot of fun, and SMART.  Not blithering idiots trying to be the Sox radio announcer or calling the Sox WE, US AND OUR.

ITS LIKE A MARRIAGE!!!!!!

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!

LAUGH AT THIS SHIT LIKE THE OLD DAYS WHEN WE WOULD LIGHT UP THE INDIANS BOARD AND THE CUBS BOARD JUST FOR SNICKS!!!

WHO IS THE ONE CLAIMING JERRY WILL GET HIS 2ND B4 RICKETTS GETS HIS FIRST?!?!?!?!?!?

REMEMBER YOUR OWN GOLDEN RULE....The Sox won a World Series and the only thing the paying customer got for free was CONFETTI OFF THE STREET!!

You have been one of the funniest posters here over a long period of time.

AND NOT JUST MY LOOKS!!!!!!

I can see coming here to vent and blow off steam, I have done it.  

GET YOUR WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOR BACK!!!

TITLESS!!!!!!!  LMAO!!!!!!

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF REINSDORF IS GIVING 35 YEAR CONTRACTS??

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO BUEHRLE!!!!!!

WHO FUCKING CARES???

APPARENTLY YOU DO!!!!!!

THIS IS BULLSHIT IN THE REAL WORLD.

THE GUY THAT CAMPAIGNED FOR THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER WANTS TO TELL ME WHATS REAL!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!

BIGFOOT IS REAL.  GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T.

SINCE ITS CLEAR ALL OF YOU HATE ME AND WISH I WERE DEAD THEN MAYBE I SHOULD RUN OFF THE BOARD

BUT THEN, WHY SHOULD I MAKE ANY OF YOU HAPPY

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 pm

alohafri wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:I don't always agree with Roger and I agree that he sometimes goes off on an unnecessary tangent over things that all of us can easily see without the mathematical analysis. That said, we all bring something different to the table that makes us unique to this board. Just because I think Roger tends to be an academic snob doesn't mean I wouldn't like the guy in person. Kinda like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. lol
    On the other hand, King Baby loses his mind anytime someone disagrees with him....especially when it comes to numbers. Who likes that kind of bullshit?

Sheldon here.  Popped in briefly.  For the record, Kark didn't "drive me off" the Board but time spent answering posts did.  Very inundated with work now and need to spend the spare time with other pursuits. See things are looking up with the Oakland sweep, and although Kark is probably crowing about his call on Eaton, also see Eaton's hitting .298 in May so time will tell.

Kark should be more worried about the ex-Cub that takes the mound every 5 days...the guy who is a #2 who should be a #4 at best.

Cub players are always over-hyped, whether they're Joan Baez or Anita Bryant.  Jeff Somebody-else-try-to-spell-his-name is a decent pitcher, but he isn't top tier.  And he certainly isn't worth $20 million per year on a multi-year contract.  Hopefully the Sox front office won't be a Sucker for the Shark.

Post by Guest on Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am

Anita Bryant & Joan BAez

LMAO!!!!!

Thanx for making my morning Mart.  You clearly are exhibit A in Rosebowl's claim regarding the wit & humor of tie board.

But then, anybody that could author THOSE DARN SOX has to be be off the chart in the wit & humor dept

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed May 20, 2015 9:56 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Anita Bryant & Joan BAez

LMAO!!!!!

Thanx for making my morning Mart.  You clearly are exhibit A in Rosebowl's claim regarding the wit & humor of tie board.

But then, anybody that could author THOSE DARN SOX has to be be off the chart in the wit & humor dept

Thanks, Kark.  With a few more hard shots hit their way, both Bryant and Baez could be singing soprano.

At least they have Fidel in the middle to harmonize between the two. Sleep
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 am

Careful Mart. He's just trying to butter you up for something or setting you up for a big fall. Either way no good will come out of it. Suspect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm