Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Things are looking up

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Things are looking up

Post by alohafri on Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 am

WE have just doubled OUR road wins by taking the series in Milwaukee. Polish up the trophy!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Things are looking up

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 14, 2015 10:40 am

Now on to the Oakland for the annual thrashing and complete ass-kicking by the A's!!!!! cheers
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 am

Cream1953 wrote:Now on to the Oakland for the annual thrashing and complete ass-kicking by the A's!!!!! cheers

Good point, Cream.  What is it about the A's that causes the Sox to go to their positions in the field and immediately drop their pants and trip over their dicks for 3-4 consecutive days?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu May 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:Now on to the Oakland for the annual thrashing and complete ass-kicking by the A's!!!!! cheers

Good point, Cream.  What is it about the A's that causes the Sox to go to their positions in the field and immediately drop their pants and trip over their dicks for 3-4 consecutive days?

One thing's for sure, Micah Johnson won't be tripping on his dick. He is being sent down in favor of Carlos "Don't Call Me Dirty" Sanchez.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 14, 2015 2:52 pm

I thought Micah was the missing piece????!!!!  scratch

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu May 14, 2015 4:54 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

One thing's for sure, Micah Johnson won't be tripping on his dick. He is being sent down in favor of Carlos "Don't Call Me Dirty" Sanchez.

It's about time!  For whatever little that Micah Johnson added offensively, he more than subtracted with crummy defense and outright stupidity.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Joe Frazer will be beside himself.  He's convinced that Micah is holding the Sox back and Sanchez will be the answer.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri May 15, 2015 10:08 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Joe Frazer will be beside himself.  He's convinced that Micah is holding the Sox back and Sanchez will be the answer.
    He has been sensible for the most part this season.  Some of the highs and lows, but not many.
    I do not think he has claimed Sanchez is leading this team to the promised land.  He wants somebody who can catch the ball.

Post by Guest on Sat May 16, 2015 7:20 am

Joe Frazier is back???????

I thought he was cured of this psych ward a couple of years ago

Sure you don'tea Harvey Rabbit????
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat May 16, 2015 8:10 am

Joe is on Murph's Page!!  Some real dedicated FANBOYS.

Not cynical bastards who don't BELIEVE and make the Sox a focal point of their lives like here.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat May 16, 2015 9:24 am

You oughta try and get Joe back on here....we seem to be down a man after our charming accountant chased Roger off. Joe made a fun whipping boy. A truly smart, successful guy who made baseball observations as screwy as anybody on this board. I liked him.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat May 16, 2015 9:29 am

Same here!!

Renaissance Man!!
    s0ch0a
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by s0ch0a on Sun May 17, 2015 1:11 am

Seems the A's have decided against kicking our ass this trip.

David Robinson with the four-out save. Great job!

Let's see what our Sunday lineup (Beckham, Schuck sure to start) can do.

Post by Guest on Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 am

Cream1953 wrote:You oughta try and get Joe back on here....we seem to be down a man after our charming accountant chased Roger off. Joe made a fun whipping boy. A truly smart, successful guy who made baseball observations as screwy as anybody on this board. I liked him.

1). Fuck Roger. MR Polite my ass. Yeah Cream, he was so polite to so when is explained to yIu the difference between wins and era as if you were 10. The Capt Obvious term paper writer acted like we were all 10. Then he made shit up ad tried to pass it of as fact. Then when I called him on it, he tried to out KARK the KARK. So fuck Roger, fuck his phony politeness, fuck his made up numbers and faulty logic and fuck his cookie cutter analysis. The real reason the clown is gone is that the KARK shattered his little bubble that he is some kind of expert

2). I'd love Joe back. But then, I'd love Al in Cal back. Both I love both men too much as people to wish them back to this psych ward. Been wanting to escape it myself. But where else can I go to play the world's biggest asshole?!?!?

3). THe White Sox should be on the correct side of 500 by this time next week. Just in time for Memorial Day and to jump start Sox mania for this summer. And thanks to the 2nd wildcard and incredibly deep pitching, the world title is again appearing on the horizon in 2015
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun May 17, 2015 10:32 am

1). Fuck Roger. MR Polite my ass. Yeah Cream, he was so polite to so when is explained to yIu the difference between wins and era as if you were 10. The Capt Obvious term paper writer acted like we were all 10. Then he made shit up ad tried to pass it of as fact. Then when I called him on it, he tried to out KARK the KARK. So fuck Roger, fuck his phony politeness, fuck his made up numbers and faulty logic and fuck his cookie cutter analysis. The real reason the clown is gone is that the KARK shattered his little bubble that he is some kind of expert

*********************************************************************************************************

Wow. Somebody woke up with a full diaper.  tongue
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun May 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Father of Stan wrote:
    3).  THe White Sox should be on the correct side of 500 by this time next week.  Just in time for Memorial Day and to jump start Sox mania for this summer.  And thanks to the 2nd wildcard and incredibly deep pitching, the world title is again appearing on the horizon in 2015

I thought we had to consider this impossible because of not winning April.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 am

[quote="Father of Stan"]
    Cream1953 wrote:You oughta try and get Joe back on here....we seem to be down a man after our charming accountant chased Roger off. Joe made a fun whipping boy. A truly smart, successful guy who made baseball observations as screwy as anybody on this board. I liked him.

1). Fuck Roger.  MR Polite my ass.  Yeah Cream, he was so polite to so when is explained to yIu the difference between wins and era as if you were 10.  The Capt Obvious term paper writer acted like we were all 10.  Then he made shit up ad tried to pass it of as fact.  Then when I called him on it, he tried to out KARK the KARK.  So fuck Roger, fuck his phony politeness, fuck his made up numbers and faulty logic and fuck his cookie cutter analysis.  The real reason the clown is gone is that the KARK shattered his little bubble that he is some kind of expert

2).  I'd love Joe back.  But then, I'd love Al in Cal back.  Both I love both men too much as people to wish them back to this psych ward.  Been wanting to escape it myself.  But where else can I go to play the world's biggest asshole?!?!?

3).  THe White Sox should be on the correct side of 500 by this time next week.  Just in time for Memorial Day and to jump start Sox mania for this summer.  And thanks to the 2nd wildcard and incredibly deep pitching, the world title is again appearing on the horizon in 2015[/quot

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    In spite of some lengthy response, I enjoyed Roger's posts. I know very little about sabermetrics but it seems to be the "in thing" in MLB. I liked having the other perspective.
    And even more, Roger was extremely knowledgeable about contract issues for not only the Sox but other teams as well. That included salary cap issues and contract status.
    So I hope he is not gone. I also enjoyed Joe.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 am

[quote="frank bonifacic"][quote="Father of Stan"]

1). Fuck Roger.  MR Polite my ass.  Yeah Cream, he was so polite to so when is explained to yIu the difference between wins and era as if you were 10.  The Capt Obvious term paper writer acted like we were all 10.  Then he made shit up ad tried to pass it of as fact.  Then when I called him on it, he tried to out KARK the KARK.  So fuck Roger, fuck his phony politeness, fuck his made up numbers and faulty logic and fuck his cookie cutter analysis.  The real reason the clown is gone is that the KARK shattered his little bubble that he is some kind of expert

2).  I'd love Joe back.  But then, I'd love Al in Cal back.  Both I love both men too much as people to wish them back to this psych ward.  Been wanting to escape it myself.  But where else can I go to play the world's biggest asshole?!?!?

3).  THe White Sox should be on the correct side of 500 by this time next week.  Just in time for Memorial Day and to jump start Sox mania for this summer.  And thanks to the 2nd wildcard and incredibly deep pitching, the world title is again appearing on the horizon in 2015[/quot

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    In spite of some lengthy response, I enjoyed Roger's posts. I know very little about sabermetrics but it seems to be the "in thing" in MLB. I liked having the other perspective.
    And even more, Roger was extremely knowledgeable about contract issues for not only the Sox but other teams as well. That included salary cap issues and contract status.
    So I hope he is not gone. I also enjoyed Joe.

Forgot to mention that I don't have the time nor the knowledge of where to find that info and it was nice having someone who did and shared it
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon May 18, 2015 9:35 am

I don't always agree with Roger and I agree that he sometimes goes off on an unnecessary tangent over things that all of us can easily see without the mathematical analysis. That said, we all bring something different to the table that makes us unique to this board. Just because I think Roger tends to be an academic snob doesn't mean I wouldn't like the guy in person. Kinda like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. lol

On the other hand, King Baby loses his mind anytime someone disagrees with him....especially when it comes to numbers. Who likes that kind of bullshit?

Post by Guest on Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Excuse me frank and Cream, but Roger didn't simply express a different opinion on the Eaton extension, he blatantly invented numbers and tried to pass them off as fact and it was Roger that threw the damn hissy fit when I pointed out that his analysis was invented data

BTW, I don't recall either of you agreeing with his $20mil savings nonsense at the time.  And Frank, if he was so knowledgeable about contracts how come he never explained why Eaton didn't wait a year to sign for 50% more?  Gee, I would think a question like that would have jumped into the mind of a qualified attorney

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon May 18, 2015 1:10 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Excuse me frank and Cream, but Roger didn't simply express a different opinion on the Eaton extension, he blatantly invented numbers and tried to pass them off as fact and it was Roger that threw the damn hissy fit when I pointed out that his analysis was invented data

BTW, I don't recall either of you agreeing with his $20mil savings nonsense at the time.  And Frank, if he was so knowledgeable about contracts how come he never explained why Eaton didn't wait a year to sign for 50% more?  Gee, I would think a question like that would have jumped into the mind of a qualified attorney

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You do realize that Roger was giving his OPINION on the Eaton contract, don't you?
    He gave his opinion and then proceeded to say Why he felt that way and gave his reasons of what the scenario would be if Eaton had the same numbers or better than last year.
    Nobody got the impression that this was a given-for chrissakes, he was talking about the FUTURE!!
    You proceeded to disagree with his opinion-as is your right, and then rapidly degenerated into name calling.

As an aside, I see that Eaton is doing slightly better than he was so I guess the jury is out on Roger's speculation- even if it is different than yours!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon May 18, 2015 1:20 pm

[quote="frank bonifacic"]
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Excuse me frank and Cream, but Roger didn't simply express a different opinion on the Eaton extension, he blatantly invented numbers and tried to pass them off as fact and it was Roger that threw the damn hissy fit when I pointed out that his analysis was invented data

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You do realize that Roger was giving his OPINION on the Eaton contract, don't you?
    He gave his opinion and then proceeded to say Why he felt that way and gave his reasons of what the scenario would be if Eaton had the same numbers or better than last year.
    Nobody got the impression that this was a given-for chrissakes, he was talking about the FUTURE!!
    You proceeded to disagree with his opinion-as is your right, and then rapidly degenerated into name calling.

As an aside, I see that Eaton is doing slightly better than he was so I guess the jury is out on Roger's speculation- even if it is different than yours!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh,BTW, he DID give his opinion as to why Eaton took the money. It's called security and a sure thing. It was several years and for decent money (way more than he was making). The old "bird in the hand" theory.
    By contrast, Jimmy Butler turned down a big raise from the Bulls -and it looks like it will be a winning move. BUT, what would happen if Butler got hurt this year, and I seem to recall players who turned down big money and got hurt-even with career ending injuries.
    And Eaton is a pretty reckless type of fielder (don't know if he is married but that might play into it too)
    I would think it could be very difficult to turn down millions on the chance that you will get a whole lot more (IF you don't have a down year or an injury).
    And the Sox bet that he was going to be as good or better in the next several years.And the jury is out on that as well
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Cream1953 wrote:I don't always agree with Roger and I agree that he sometimes goes off on an unnecessary tangent over things that all of us can easily see without the mathematical analysis. That said, we all bring something different to the table that makes us unique to this board. Just because I think Roger tends to be an academic snob doesn't mean I wouldn't like the guy in person. Kinda like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. lol
    On the other hand, King Baby loses his mind anytime someone disagrees with him....especially when it comes to numbers. Who likes that kind of bullshit?

Sheldon here.  Popped in briefly.  For the record, Kark didn't "drive me off" the Board but time spent answering posts did.  Very inundated with work now and need to spend the spare time with other pursuits. See things are looking up with the Oakland sweep, and although Kark is probably crowing about his call on Eaton, also see Eaton's hitting .298 in May so time will tell.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:I don't always agree with Roger and I agree that he sometimes goes off on an unnecessary tangent over things that all of us can easily see without the mathematical analysis. That said, we all bring something different to the table that makes us unique to this board. Just because I think Roger tends to be an academic snob doesn't mean I wouldn't like the guy in person. Kinda like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. lol

Sheldon here.  Popped in briefly.  For the record, Kark didn't "drive me off" the Board but time spent answering posts did.  Very inundated with work now and need to spend the spare time with other pursuits. See things are looking up with the Oakland sweep, and although Kark is probably crowing about his call on Eaton, also see Eaton's hitting .298 in May so time will tell.

Kark should be more worried about the ex-Cub that takes the mound every 5 days...the guy who is a #2 who should be a #4 at best.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Nice to see you Roger. So who's the lovely lady in the pic?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 am