Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

No killer instinct

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: No killer instinct

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Chairman Reinsdorf wrote:Chill the fuck out.

There are no perfect parents.

What are you, some whacked out drill instructor?
    ++++++++++
    great advice. Most kids grow up fine in spite of their parents' efforts!!

sorry. Despite not in spite if

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat May 09, 2015 10:35 am

Chairman Reinsdorf wrote:Chill the fuck out.

There are no perfect parents.

What are you, some whacked out drill instructor?

I teach social studies, not math, but the math teachers that I work with all have stories about how parents believe their kids are gifted. As it turns out, they are good calculators, but when it comes time to put some thought into their work, they all get their asses kicked. The same thing with language arts. The whole "my kid is bored so he/she must be gifted" is bullshit. I have a kid who's mother came in this year to push for her kid to go into the "profoundly gifted" program because he was in a Montessori school in another state last year. This kid sits in our classes and does the absolute minimum to get by. He contributes nothing to class discussions. We did a great stock market activity last week. The kids were excited about it. They had fun and learned something. However, this kid would sell his product as quickly as possible so he could get back to his seat and read his book. He isn't bored. He isn't gifted. He's pissed off because he had to move.

As my retired colleague used to say, "faster isn't better". You get out of something what you put into it. Let your kids be kids!

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 am

WTF does this have to do with Megan?!?!?!?

1) it was the preschooll, not me that insisted se jump over preK2 ad straight into K
    2) It was the preschool, not me, that used the word bored
    3) Megan was done quite well comprehending the K cirriculum

From where I am sitting, Megan has done everything she was asked, so way should she repeat kindergarten?

BTW, I am not being pyscho Dad insisting my mediocre kid be considered class genius. I see her read I see her write I see her add aned subtract. She can handle the 1s grade cirulum. After al, she does graduate kindergarten on 5/29

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 am

So I guess this entire board would have made Ken Grifey R say in the minors until he was 22 just because we don't want to think about being too good too young

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:48 am

What is really sck, the deciding factor might be DO I WANT HER TO BE A 12 TR OLD HS FRESHMAN

Because of the redshiters, 1/2 he rclass would be 14 while she is 12. While I am sure she can make the grade, you have that whole puberty thing

Freqkin sickening that I have to dumb my kid down just to make sure she isn't the last girl to get hair on her twat

But isn't tht freakin America today. The brain takes a back sit to the penis and vagina
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Sat May 09, 2015 11:57 am

Worry about what is important in LIFE!!

THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

Forget the kids and make the WHITE SOX A LIFESTYLE!!!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat May 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Father of Stan wrote:What is really sck, the deciding factor might be DO I WANT HER TO BE A 12 TR OLD HS FRESHMAN

Because of the redshiters, 1/2 he rclass would be 14 while she is 12.  While I am sure she can make the grade, you have that whole puberty thing

Freqkin sickening that I have to dumb my kid down just to make sure she isn't the last girl to get hair on her twat

But isn't tht freakin America today. The brain takes a back sit to the penis and vagina

+++++++++*+++++++
    who the hell is dumbing her down. Doesn't she have parents? Is school the only place she can learn anything.
    Hear about things called books? I mentioned language ( all of my Greek lawyer friends went to Greek school on Saturdays- knew polish kids who went to Polish school)
    why do you have your child's education depend entirely on the school?
    there are museums and zoos and forest preserves and different attractions all over the place
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Father of Stan wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:BUT MEGAN IS SMARTER AND CUTER THAN ALL HER PEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously Frank, the one thing that makes me not want to rush her is that I know she will be not only the youngest, but she has the petitite gene so she will probably always be one of the smallest as well.  Not an issue now, but it could be in high school.  I can just picture start of freshman year when she would be 12 and some kids will be 14 thanks to red shirting.

But still, if she is gifted academically, how do we get the most out of her?  do public schools still double promote?  Personally, it seems like a waste if we let her repeat kindergarten.  If she has the brain to be on the academic fast track, then get her on it.  Better to try and fail, then to never try at all.

PS, Stanley is average height and better than average athletically as well as better than most musically and artistically.  Lazy little bugger doesn't realize how could he could be

Sounds like a pretty typical kid for that age.  Mine are all lazy as hell.  I make them run laps out back and hold them to high grade standards or they get nothing.  No computer time.  No phones.  No allowance. Nothing.  Pisses them off to no end, but maybe they'll thank me later.  Or maybe they'll bitch about me to their therapists.

Hey Rob, I believe there is a kiddie triathlon in St Charles on 7/25

I suggested it to Stan but then it would be hard to run all the way from Thailand

PS, Stan is held to similiar standards.  And now that Megan is about to be school age, play time is over

I saw the triathlon sign but it was for Memorial Day weekend.  I'll be out of town at some goofy baseball tournament with my oldest that weekend.  I would have had him compete in it, and he'd have probably done well.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sun May 10, 2015 6:56 am

Kark, if you decide to home school, bring somebody else in for SPELLING!!!!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Kark, if you decide to home school, bring somebody else in for SPELLING!!!!!!!
    cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Kark, if you decide to home school, bring somebody else in for SPELLING!!!!!!!

NOWE DATZ FUNNIE!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am