Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

why is rodon up here?!?!?!?!?

why is rodon up here?!?!?!?!?

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2015 3:34 pm

so let me get this straight, we need to have Rodon spend his time in the bullpen because that is what Chris Sale did.

What a bunch of lazy logic that is.  First, Sale came up in 2010 when the Sox where in an actual race and they had a definite hole for him to fill.  Rodon was called up for no reason other than to mimic the Cubs and Kris Byant.

So now instead of saving valuable service time while gaining valuable experience in AAA, Rodon is forced to battle for 2 innings a week out of a crowded pen.  And while the club is digging the hole deeper everyday, Rodon becomes a day closer being arbitration eligible and a free agent.

If this were July and the Sox were fighting for a playoff spot and they needed a lefty in the pen, then putting Rodon in that role would make some sense.  But this is may and the Sox stink and Rodon should be starting every fifth day, preferably in Charlotte where he might get some run support.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Re: why is rodon up here?!?!?!?!?

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue May 05, 2015 5:10 pm

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE IS A FANBOY SAYING THEY CAN'T REALLY BE THIS BAD AND IT'S STILL EARLY!!

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2015 9:12 pm

I was just thinking yesterday of posting a question and asking if I missed it and Rodon had been sent down, since I hadn't heard anything about him in a week. What the fuck is he doing up here?

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Rodon called up 4/20, first appearance 4/21.  appeared again 4/29 and 5/2.  all 3 games the Sox lost

Up 16 days and has 6.1IP.

Could have easily started 3 games in AAA during that time period.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue May 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Frankly, he doesn't look all that good to me.  His slider is nice and all, but he throws it hard and it's his only pitch outside of the fastball.  His fastball is fast, but very straight.  He has a change that he should be working on in the minors because it's not really major league ready. Basically, he's a two pitch pitcher, and he throws both pitches hard.  He doesn't really mess with their timing.  He shouldn't be up.  He doesn't deserve to be here.  He ought to be trying to get better in the minors.  Having him up right now is a damn joke. 

He'll have a few good outings, but it would make far more sense to me for him to be in the minors trying to learn to be a starter that can go long in a game.  I don't see any way possible that he would get through a line up twice in the majors right now.  I suppose that can change in a hurry, but he just looks hittable to me.

Post by Guest on Wed May 06, 2015 6:56 am

What rob said....

But I can just hear the idiots on the Score and other talking heads rambling on a & on about how this is how Chris Sale and Mark Buehrle started......

SALE & BUEHRLE CAME UP DURING A PENNANT RACE
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed May 06, 2015 7:21 am

Rumors are that Samardzjialphabetsoup is going to drop his appeal and Rodon will get a start against the Reds this weekend.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed May 06, 2015 8:20 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:What rob said....

But I can just hear the idiots on the Score and other talking heads rambling on a & on about how this is how Chris Sale and Mark Buehrle started......

SALE & BUEHRLE CAME UP DURING A PENNANT RACE

Also, Sale and Buehrle were both outstanding major league pitchers from the moment they set foot on a baseball field.  There was nothing wrong with how those two were brought up and assimilated into the rotation eventually, but that doesn't make it right for Rodon. 

Maybe he'll look better in the start he is going to get for Szmadj, since that's what he normally does is start.  Not counting on it, however.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

ROCK WITH RODON!!!!

Post by Guest on Thu May 07, 2015 11:51 am

If Rodon could just face the Sox, it would be a no hitter this saturday

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 pm