Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Curfew in Baltimore!!

Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Curfew in Baltimore!!

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

WHAT ABOUT WHITE SOX BASEBALL????

OH NO!!!

This is worse than the All Star Break for a devoted Fanboy!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Curfew in Baltimore!!

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:14 am

I don't care about riots in Ferguson, Missouri.  The White Sox don't play there, although some may think that they perhaps should in the local beer league.  Screw Baltimore!  If they can't maintain the peace, then they should forfeit the games.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:50 am

This better be a joke.

I trust it is because you rarely show idiot qualities or act like Fanboyism is a Lifestyle.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 am

Hey, Bobby, we're not talking about some trivial issue like war and peace or social justice.  We're talking about White Sox baseball here.  Kark says that it's important for the Sox to end April at or above .500 or the season is lost.  If Baltimore is forced to forfeit the series, "we" may still have a chance to make the playoffs!  Get your priorities right, man!
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 am

Thank God!!

I thought you had suffered a head injury!!!
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 am

Start a riot in Tucson!!!!!!!
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:17 am

EVERY GAME MATTERS.

These rioters have destroyed the Sox April momentum!!!!!

Why weren't the Orioles players on the streets in full uniform calming things down and signing autographs?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:28 am

Thanx Mart, blame it on me........

BTW, so tempted to call Bernstein pleading your case. Can't wait to hear him flip out when I say the games were called due to DARKIE-NESS

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 am

Kark, didn't that rule about calling games because of darkness go out when "The World's Largest Urinal" installed lights?

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:47 am

Why weren't the Orioles players on the streets in full uniform calming things down and signing autographs?

You mean like Willie Horton and the Detroit Tigers did during the riots of 1968?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 am

Chairman Reinsdorf wrote:EVERY GAME MATTERS.

These rioters have destroyed the Sox April momentum!!!!!

There's a simple answer to all this: the police should refrain from arbitrarily killing black kids during the baseball season, especially in American League cities.

My "dark humor" aside, perhaps the police should just refrain from arbitrarily killing any human being anywhere - but that's probably asking for too much.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Marty, the Police are not there to create disorder, the Police are there to Preserve Disorder.

Richard J. Daley
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:09 pm

It really is amazing how little the society has changed socially since the 60s riots.

Now it is more divided than ever.

Bible Thumper preachers acting like the Christian version of ISIS with all of their pontifications and politicians.

The wealth disparity wiping out the middle class.

In the 60s the industrialists employed people.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm

It really is amazing how little the society has changed socially since the 60s riots.

Here's a change that i see. Cops have always been assholes. At least ever since I can remember. The difference is that when an asshole cop was causing you pain, or telling you to do something, no matter how unreasonable, you did it b/c if not, you knew the consequences were something that you didnt really want to deal with. Plus, there were quite a few time when you WERE doing something wrong, and the cop let you go if you just went away, or went home, or just got the fuck out of where you were. And nothing happened - you went one way, they went the other, and no big deal.
    Now, it seems that young people (and most of these deaths are young people) immediately talk or argue back with the cop, who then gets pissed, and that pisses off the person and it escalates. AND, there is no more of the cop turning his back on your fuckup and just letting you go. Now it immediately becomes a big fuckin' deal and you are in the system, which leads to more animosity.
    Personally, I blame everyone having to have "self esteem" and hearing about how great they all are from day one and nobody can tell them what to do....and boom. Butting heads. Until it is as it is now, you say "excuse me officer" and you're risking a bullet with no warning, and if a cop says "hey, just move along" they risk getting a brick thrown on them or a giant attitude attack

.... all b/c of this era of eveyone having to win a trophy in anything they do ...self esteem where none is earned.

Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Tim, where in the Hell has common sense gone?

You are right.  The deal always was avoid the Cops.

Confront them?  Our friends would have looked at us like we had 16 heads.

Yes Sir, Officer.

Cops can be world class asswipes.
    This shit on Staten Island with a guy selling loosie cigarettes.  Nonsense.  Shooting unarmed people in the back....MURDER plus nonsense.

The guy undercharged in Chicago who shot some woman in the head?  1ST DEGREE MURDER for any and all of us.

When I was growing up, the Coppers' sons usually were the biggest and dumbest assholes in the Neighborhood.  Idiot bullies.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm not diminishing or downplaying responsibility for any of these police actions that led to unnecessary deaths but I'd like some of the light shined back on the black community and ask when is the black community going to police their own and clean things up in their own backyard? Let a white cop shoot a black person and there's an uproar....fair enough. But where's this anger and outrage when it comes to black on black crime?? Why aren't the law-abiding black folks hitting the streets and lashing out against the thugs and gangs???

Just 2 weeks ago. Three fucking blocks from my office. Middle of the day on a Wednesday. Gang shooting in an alley. Broad daylight. 16 year old black kid shoots and kills 14 year old black kid. 

No national media focused on Elkhart. No Fox News or CNN or MSNBC. No rioting at night. I think there was a small vigil but that was it. I looked around. Maybe I missed them but I didn't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson hanging around town. I guess this 14 year old, who's mother is in prison, just isn't quite as dead as the victims in Ferguson, Baltimore, Staten Island or South Carolina.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Cream1953 wrote:I'm not diminishing or downplaying responsibility for any of these police actions that led to unnecessary deaths but I'd like some of the light shined back on the black community and ask when is the black community going to police their own and clean things up in their own backyard? Let a white cop shoot a black person and there's an uproar....fair enough. But where's this anger and outrage when it comes to black on black crime?? Why aren't the law-abiding black folks hitting the streets and lashing out against the thugs and gangs???

Just 2 weeks ago. Three fucking blocks from my office. Middle of the day on a Wednesday. Gang shooting in an alley. Broad daylight. 16 year old black kid shoots and kills 14 year old black kid. 

No national media focused on Elkhart. No Fox News or CNN or MSNBC. No rioting at night. I think there was a small vigil but that was it. I looked around. Maybe I missed them but I didn't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson hanging around town. I guess this 14 year old, who's mother is in prison, just isn't quite as dead as the victims in Ferguson, Baltimore, Staten Island or South Carolina.

Did not hit anyone's agenda.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 am